ESE: Eternal suffering or just a quick painful crash?

Big thanks again for everyone who took time to vote and give your opinions.

:) The roster is now complete so it´s time for me to start figuring out starting storylines, gimmicks etc. But before that, here are the results of the last voting.

1) I´d like to add a tag team to be the midcard gatekeepers on the face side. Who could that tag team be?

The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton) 1 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 15

Wiley Coyote (Wiley Steinway & Coyote Dynamite) 3 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 11

The Hillbillys (Al The Hillbilly & Pete The Hillbilly) 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 10

Good Ol´ Boys were the best team from these three in my books so not really surprised that they got the spot. Wiley Coyote would probably been my pick from these three (mainly because I would have liked some veteran presence to my midcard) and for a little while it did look like that but this result will do as well and at least there´s no danger of my surprisingly being short of a tag team because early retirement.

2) Who should get the last midcard heel spot?

Jesus Chavez 3 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 4 + 5 = 27

Air Attack Weasel 4 + 3 + 4 + 3 + 5 + 4 = 23

Hard-1 5 + 4 + 3 + 4 + 3 + 3 = 22

Primal Rage 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 10

Dead Bolt 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8

Again, not really surprised that Chavez won this one as he was a good fit to the roster with rest of the Latino Kings already there. I was bit surprised that Rage and Bolt did that badly, I know they not all that good (or even decent) but everyone putting them as bottom two was still bit surprising. I guess you are willing to keep me away from troubles (or at least making bad signings) no matter how much I try to dig myself into a hole so thanks you from that. :D

3) For the last heel jobber spot, I´m looking someone who could rise onto midcard status if needed (or even above in the very distant future). Who should that guy be?

Acid II 3 + 2 + 5 + 4 + 5 + 3 = 22

El Diablo 5 + 5 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 4 = 20

Cali Slick 4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 5 = 18

Kip Keenan 1 + 4 + 2 + 5 + 3 + 2 = 17

Raphael 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 1 = 13

I wasn´t sure what to expect on this one other than I expected it to be close and that it mainly was. Bit surprised to see Raphael being last but that might just be because I always liked him and Sensitive as a team (and have often wanted to sign them as a result). Still, Acid II is probably my favorite out from these five (I just like masked guys for whatever reason) so happy to add him into the roster and hopefully I can build him up at least a bit.

Now the roster is complete with the exception of non-wrestlers. I don´t go into details about them mostly because I personally don´t care a lot about them and thus don´t spend much time on deciding who to hire. I mainly tried to go with cheap workers who I thought would be good enough for the given job. I did go with two referees and two road agents (not sure if it´s required but five shows a month seems bit too much for only one guy to referee/road agent) and only decided to hire two managers, one for the Five Stars (Carl Batch) and one for Ring Generals (Dharma Gregg). I also signed two colour commentators but Roger Rogers double as authority figure (I decided to go with him instead of some bigger name partly because he´s cheap and partly because I can always turn him into manager if he don´t work as authority figure).

And here is the complete roster:

Main event:

Donnie J

Greg Black

Kid Toma

Remmy Skye

Jack Griffith

Hell´s Bouncer

Grandmaster Phunk

Billy Russell

Midcard:

Californian Love Machine

Marv Statler

Dean Waldorf

Wooton Fitzpaine

Thimbleby Langton

Matthew Keith

Steven Parker

Rudy Velasquez

Hector Galindo

Jesus Chavez

Jobbers:

Frankie-Boy Hernandez

Jacob Jett

Rockin´ Ryan Turner

Stan Manna

Hellech

Pierrot

Bradley Blaze

Acid II

Non-Wrestlers:

Announcer:

Marvin Earnest

Colour commentator:

Roger Rogers (doubles as authority figure)

Ernie Turner

Referees:

Jez McArthuer

David Poker

Road Agents:

Rumble Roper

Lee Wright

Managers:

Dharma Gregg

Carl Batch

Teams:

Going Coastal (Californian Love Machine & Frankie-Boy Hernandez)

The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf)

The Rock City Stars (Rockin´ Ryan Turner & Stan Manna)

The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton)

The Future is Here (Matthew Keith & Steven Parker)

Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot)

The Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez & Hector Galindo)

Stables:

Flying Daredevils (Donnie J, Californian Love Machine, Frankie-Boy Hernandez, Jacob Jett)

Five Stars (Jack Griffith, Matthew Keith, Steven Parker, Hell´s Bouncer, Carl Batch)

The Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez, Hector Galindo & Jesus Chavez)

Since I don´t have much experience with running cult federations, I´m not sure if I should offer written contracts at all and if I should, then to how many? I plan to have 4 1h TV shows + PPV with either 90 or 120 minutes so I´m unlikely to use the whole roster on every show especially since I don´t plan to use much dark matches this time as on my experience, the guys in dark match would only gain popularity on the area they are and that doesn´t seem particularly useful now that I´m wanting my guys to gain popularity everywhere in USA. I did go with about fifty-fifty on whom to offer written and who to pay-per-appearance and I decided to put that information out here as that might affect my decisions down the road. Also, if anyone want to share their opinions on how the contracts should be handled with cult (or want to comment on my signings), feel free to do so as I will certainly listen to advices on this one.

Contracts:

Written Contracts

Greg Black $9000 3 years, Push never lower than Upper midcard

Donnie J $6720 3 years

Jack Griffith $6050 2 years

Remmy Skye $5530 2 year

Matthew Keith $5000 5 years

Hell´s Bouncer $4940 3 years

Steven Parker $4410 5 years

Dean Waldorf $2280 3 years

Marv Statler $2400 3 years

Californian Love Machine $2300 2 years

Jacob Jett $2020 3 years

Frankie-Boy Hernandez $1620 2 years

Acid II $1620 2 years

Non-wrestlers:

Lee Wright $6080 3 years

Rumble Roper $5080 2 years

Ernie Turner $2910 3 years

Marvin Earnest $2620 3 years

Carl Batch $2610 3 years

Jez McArthuer $2320 3 years

Dharma Gregg $1810 2 years

David Poker $1590 2 years

Roger Rogers $1060 2 years

I reasoned that I want some written contracts to make sure I have few guys who might get written elsewhere locked. Keith, Parker and Jett were the obvious three for this and I also used the opportunity to tie Keith and Parker to 5 years contract while I could get them cheap. Jett only got three years which is basically my standard maximum contract length and I rarely go over it (actually I think that those 5 years contracts I made with Keith and Parker might be the first ones ever that were over that 3 years) as I feel it´s long enough time and that so much could change between that time that I´m not sure if the guy is wanted/needed after that. As for my main eventers, I currently see Griffith, Greg Black and Donnie J as my main guys and the early storylines I have planned so far largely centers around them so they got written contracts to make sure they stay. I only gave Griffith two year contract since I could see Parker, Keith and Bouncer throw him out from Five Stars in the future (shouldn´t happen anytime soon, though but it´s certainly an option after year or two) and if I end up going that route, I´m not sure how much I need him after that. Bouncer is part of the same storyline than Black and Griffith so he also got written deal, plus Bouncer is probably the best monster heel so I felt it was better to lock them up. He´s also one of the cheaper main eventer to sign on written thanks to his D- popularity. On the midcard guys, other than the obvious Parker and Keith, I know I wanted Ring Generals on written mainly because I expect them to be mainstay on my tag division for a long time. Love Machine, Frankie-Boy Hernandez and Acid II were signed because from the rest of the roster, they are the guys who I felt have the most potential and I wanted to have at least 12 guys on written in order to be sure that I have enough guys for a house show even if there would be injury or two. They all got 2 year contract simply because with me having the books, failing is always an option and if I fail to get them over then it´s better to let them go. Remmy is someone I actually planned to give p.p.a deal in order to cut some costs but he had another offer on table that was better than what he originally demanded from me so I decided to play safe offer him a written instead. It also worked well since I ended up offering Toma a p.p.a deal instead of written like I originally planned (more on that a bit later) As for non-wrestlers, I plan to use pretty much everyone on every show so written was a bit of a no-brainer for them. Most got three year deals but David Poker, Rumble Roper, Roger Rogers and Dharma Gregg got two year deals, mainly because I´m not entirely sure if they are good enough for this level so I give them two years to show their skills before making decision on whatever I keep them further or not. Black and Keith scared me a bit as BHOTWG offered them contracts too so I had to up my ante a bit and give Black “push always at least upper midcard” clause but I luckily ended up winning the bitting wars for both without needing to offer much more than what I originally did.

Pay-per-view contracts:

Grandmaster Phunk $1350 1 year

Billy Russell $1270 1 year

Kid Toma $1140 1 years

Rudy Velasquez $890 1 year

Jesus Chavez $780 1 year

Hector Galindo $740 1 year

Wooton Fitzpaine $670 1 year

Thimbleby Langton $670 1 year

Stan Manna $510 1 year

Hellech $480 1 year

Rockin´ Ryan Turner $470 1 year

Pierrot $450 1 year

Bradley Blaze $260 3 years

Turner, Manna, Pierrot, Hellech and Blaze are jobbers and while they will likely be used quite often, I figured that I won´t use them in every show (let´s see if that will be true) and might even cut them before the first year is done if their momentum is too low. Fitzpaine and Langton are similarly seen as (midcard) jobbers while I deemed Latino Kings as less important than rest of my midcard guys (Rudy is bit of an exception but I decided to offer him the same than other Kings as I don´t think he´s on danger on being stolen by other big promotions), thus they also got a p.p.a deals. Russell and Phunk simply got p.p.a deals because I felt I don´t have money to offer all my top guys a written contracts (I would generally need to use them 4 times a month to warrant the costs of written deals) and right now I don´t have storyline plans for either one so at least for the first month or two, they will likely be seen a bit less than the other top guys. As I said earlier Remmy Skye was also going to get a p.p.a deal for the same reason but since he had another offer on table, I changed that to written. Toma is the other way around as he was actually going to get written deal in order to avoid him going touring in Japan but he didn´t want to take part on house shows because of his declining physics and that scared me enough to downgrade his contract as p.p.a contract. I may end up regretting that if he does go to tour but with no idea about the finances I figured to play safe and saw no real reason to pay $4840 per month to guy who I couldn´t use in house shows. Everyone here got a one year deal (Blaze getting three was a mistake on my part and he´s unlikely to stay for that long) because I would like to sign them on written if money allows and I´m planning to review that until the end of the first year if not sooner.

After the roster was completed (well, I still need to assign gimmicks and stuff but they are all signed now), it was time to see if I could find a TV and PPV deals. I did approach Arcadia for a TV deal and bit to my surprise my first offer (1h show, 2 seasons, Late evening on Wednesday, advising and production cost both 90%) was accepted. I guess I should have asked more but this is bit new to me so I did go with low offer… Oh well, at least I got the show. Getting a PPV deal from American Option proved to be bit harder as I had to change my offer several times before they accepted but in the end, I got 6 month contract with 90% revenue split.

Originally, I had a plan to put yet another poll here, this time for guys I could possible steal from big three if their contracts are running out but I decided to postpone that a bit as I want to check how the finances go before I do that (no use having you making picks if it turn out that I don´t have money to sign anyone anyway). I also decided to forgo my usual roster preview as you already know pretty well were anyone stands in terms of push etc. (I will still do them at the end of the year). Another decision I made was to only do predictions on PPV shows so there will be no prediction posts for normal TV shows. This is partly to make sure that there aren´t too many rounds on the contest (since it will run for full calendar year) but also because as longtime readers will know, my basic shows tend to be fairly predictable ones anyway. It will likely take little more time before I will post the first show (should be my next post here) as I need to figure starting storylines, gimmicks etc. up before that but hopefully I can get this going around a week or so.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did forget that I had this compamy news post before the first show but her eit is.Again, all contracts are p.p.a deals unless otherwise noted

Company news:

21UK:

-

4C:

Lost Jacob Jett to ESE

Signed Jamie Atherton

5SSW:

-

AAA:

-

ACPW:

-

APW:

-

BCG:

Signed Koji Kojima

BHOTWG:

Signed Oleg Dorosklov to touring contract

Signed American Elemental to touring contract

Signed Frankie Perez to touring contract

Signed Pavel Vanzycha to touring contract

Signed Mikey James to touring contract

Signed KC Glenn to touring contract

Signed Greg Gauge to touring contract

CGC:

-

CILL:

-

CZCW:

Signed Acid

Signed Kashmir Singh

Signed Panda Mask II

Signed Hugh De Aske

Signed Insane Machine

Signed Brendan Idol

Signed Fumihiro Ota

Signed Antonio Del Veccio

Lost Remmy Skye to ESE

Lost Donnie J to ESE

Lost Californian Love Machine to ESE

Lost Frankie-Boy Hernandez to ESE

DIW:

-

EMLL:

EMLL rise to regional size

Signed Magnifico

Signed El Mitico Jr.

EWA:

-

EX2010:

-

FCW:

Signed Farrah Hesketh

Signed Karen Killer

Lost Hell´s Bouncer to ESE

Lost Carl Batch to ESE

GCG:

-

GSW:

Signed Archie Judge

Lost Matthew Keith to ESE

Lost Ernie Turner to ESE

Lost Rumble Roper to ESE

Hinote Dojo:

Signed Koji Kojima

IPW:

Signed Masked Cougar

Signed Akima Brave

Signed Citizen X

Signed Fox Mask

Signed Cameron Vessey

Signed Hollywood Bret Starr

Signed Hugh De Aske

Signed Panda Mask II

MAW:

Signed Kid Toma

Signed Samuel Curren

Lost Marvin Earnest to ESE

Max Mayhem walked out from MAW.

MPWF:

-

NOTBPW:

-

NYCW:

Signed The Silencer

Signed Catherine Quine

Signed Kashmir Singh

Lost Marv Statler to ESE

Lost Dean Waldorf to ESE

Lost Ernie Turner to ESE

OLLIE:

-

PGHW:

Signed Hirobumi Takimoto to developmental deal

Signed Merle O´Curle to touring contract.

Recalled Torch Nakazawa from SAISHO.

PSW:

Signed Fro Sure

Lost Matthew Keith to ESE

Lost Steven Parker to ESE

Lost Greg Black to ESE

QAW:

-

RAW:

Signed Warmonger to written contract (is still on DIW on time writing this one which is why he doesn´t show on DIW´s news, will be there next month.)

Heath Murdock walked out from RAW.

RIPW:

Signed Dazzling Dave Diamond.

Saisho:

-

SOTBPW:

-

SWF:

Recalled Masked Patriot from RIPW.

TCW:

-

UEW:

-

USPW:

USPW fell to cult size

WEXXV:

Toyokuni Hardcore walked out from WEXXV

VWA:

WLW:

ZEN:

The main change this month was obviously me signing bunch of guys on written. CZCW and PSW were the ones that were hit hardest but CZCW made some nice signings to bounce back and I fully expect them to be at least as good as before even after losing Remmy and Donnie to me. PSW is a bit more interesting case as they lost three of their top guys and it will be interesting to see who they will sign as replacements, assuming of course that they will still sign more guys and not be happy with just Fro Sure. IPW also restocked their roster after losing lots of their guys to GSW last month and boy did they get better or what? Will be interesting to see how hat fight between them and GSW goes but I fully expect IPW to be better of the two companies after those signings. Not much going elsewhere this month, RAW signed Hatemonger at the end of the month, few walk outs from different companies, Burning Hammer getting lots of quality guys for their latest tour, USPW falling to cult and CILL rising to regional are the main things of note.

March 2013

Monday Week 1 (the shows are filmed on Mondays but are actually shown on Wednesdays)

Dark Matches:

3 vs. 3

Jack Griffith /w. Carl Batch & Billy Russell & Acid II vs. The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf) /w. Dharma Gregg & Jacob Jett

WINNERS: Jack Griffith & Billy Russell & Acid II by pinfall in 8:23 D

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/ESE-1_zps4n7ctrsa.jpg

ESE POWER

Irvine Hall (Mid South)

Attendance: 4523

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Roger%20Rogers_zps8y3juzkd.jpg

The show starts with Roger Rogers introducing himself as not only 1/3 of the commentary team but more importantly, as the authority figure for this show. He says that he wants things to be transparent here so that everyone can be sure there are no favorites here and because of that, if anyone has any demands from the management during the show, they need to come in the ring and tell publicly what they want. He also explains that for the first month, there will be 8 man single elimination tournament for King of the Network title shot opportunity with first two matches being later tonight and the finals are at ESE Rising Champions, the first PPV in ESE´s history. There will also be a tag titles on the line at the Rising Champions and there are seven teams who look the opportunity to be the first ever ESE Tag Team champions. All those seven teams will have two matches against other teams in this month and any team who wins both of their matches will be in the tag team title match. E

2 vs. 2

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/CaliforniaLoveMachine_zps9d479b85.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Frankie-Boy%20Fernandes_zpspzts2oef.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rudy%20Velasquez_zpsui4tl8rk.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hector%20Galindo_zpsjdrnglfp.jpg

Going Coastal (Californian Love Machine & Frankie-Boy Hernandez) vs. The Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez & Hector Galindo)

The first match in ESE´s history was a tag team match with quite much on the line as only winners would have the chance to get the covered ESE Team Championship belts. Going Coastal showed some great fast-phased cruiserweight action while Latino Kings had bit more ground based offence (though Galindo did occasionally go into air as well) coupled with some cheating. The match was rally close one and both teams were close to victory at various points but it was Going Coastal who got the all-important win, when Machine pinned Galindo after LAX Departure while Hernandez kept Rudy from interfering.

WINNERS: Going Coastal by pinfall in 7:50 D

2 vs. 2

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rockin%20Ryan%20Turner_zpssrqa8p1z.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Stan%20Manna_zpsracwgjzt.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

The Rock City Stars (Rockin´ Ryan Turner & Stan Manna) vs. The Future is Here (Matthew Keith & Steven Parker) /w. Carl Batch

The Future Is Here started this match acting quite arrogantly at the start and that gave the early advantage for the Rock City Stars. Unfortunately, Stars looked more interested on playing the crowd rather than trying to push the advantage that they had and once Keith and Parker started to take their opponents bit more seriously they quickly took control and put Rock City Stars away, with Parker getting the pinfall over Turner after hitting him with Future Shock.

WINNERS: The Future Is Here by pinfall in 4:59 D

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hells%20Bouncer_zpsggokrkpb.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

With the match won, Future Is Here was joined with their stable mates Jack Griffith and Hell´s Bouncer. Griffith did most of the talking, telling the fans that they see in front of them, the best talents of the independence circuit and that it´s a disgrace that men as highly skilled as them have to work in such a lowly company as ESE while some lesser talents like Black or Toma got into big leagues. Griffith declares that they won´t stay here for long, because even the morons in the big three must soon realize that they belong to the big leagues, but while they are here, they will continue to prove that they are the best talent that there is and will ever be in the independence scene. C-

1 vs. 1 King of the Network tournament 1st round

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Kid%20Toma_zpsbkkofad0.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Grandmaster%20Phunk_zpsadyjvwwo.jpg

Kid Toma vs. Grandmaster Phunk

This one was more of a brawl than a wrestling match, well, at least when Phunk were willing to actually lock himself into trading punches as he spend quite some time trying to avoid Toma and broke the flow of the match several times in order to stop any momentum Toma was trying to build. Toma on the other hand, used very aggressive style, following Phunk as much as he could and trying to make sure he had no time to catch his breath. At the end, it was Phunk who gained the win but not without dubious means as he hit Toma´s eye with his thumb, blinding Toma momentarily before connecting with Phunkensteiner.

WINNER: Grandmaster Phunk by pinfall in 12:24 C-

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Greg%20Black_zpsf8uuvyds.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hells%20Bouncer_zpsggokrkpb.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

Greg Black vs. Hell´s Bouncer /w. Carl Batch

This one was pure war from the beginning as Bouncer seemed eager to prove that he´s better than Black while Black seemed equally as determinate to prove that Griffith´s earlier comments about him being “not good enough for big leagues” were false. Bouncer tried to use his size and power advantage to gain the win but Black is a veteran from the big leagues and he knew full well how he should fight against this kind of an opponent and while that match was an even one, it was Black who gained the win after connecting with Fate To Black, much of the annoyance for Carl Batch.

WINNER: Greg Black by pinfall in 12:21 C

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Greg%20Black_zpsf8uuvyds.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpg

Black didn´t get any rest as the rest of the Five Stars attacked him right after the match and proceed to beat him down before officials finally managed to stop the assault. D

Show Rating: D+

TV Rating: 1.24

Comments: So, in terms of ratings not the best start and it lost me popularity on 11 regions which is a bit worrying considering that I had two main eventer vs. main eventer matches on the show. Another worrying thing is that I would need to have three storylines with C- heat. Considering that I have 1h TV show, I can run max 3 or 4 feuds at any given time (considering that PPV needs to be 2h, I try to run four in order to have more matches that mena something in PPV´s) and based on the ratings on the first show, it´s going to be tall order to even have two feuds with that high heat, much less three. On the plus side, Carl Batch had good chemistry with both Griffith and Parker while Velasquez and Galindo also had a good chemistry with each other´s which should certainly help. Rockin´ Ryan Turner showed up late on the show. I decided just to give slap to the wrists for him considering that it was first show and I don´t expect him to really be a troublemaker in the future (plus he´s hardly important so if he doesn´t behave I just cut him). On the booking perspective, the first month will be mainly about the King of the Network tournament with most of the other matches being tag matches because of my decision that every team has to have two matches before the first PPV. I chose that way to decide the tag title contenders instead of some kind of tournament mainly because I had seven teams instead of eight and I didn´t want to give first round byes to any team (since they haven´t earned those yet) and couldn´t figure any other way to make it work while seemingly having all teams on the same line. Of course, I could had just waited for the next month or after that before introducing the tag belts but I like to get champions crowned rather quickly as to me, title belts are essential part of any promotion. That said, I just had to skip the Prince of Studios belt (midcard singles belt for those who didn´t follow my last diary) right now as most of the top choices as first champion are currently tied elsewhere. As for the matches, I don´t plan to use dark matches a lot but I wanted to try to give as good momentum as possibly for the guys in that dark match and also hoped to help Acid II a bit with the win. On the other matches, Latino Kings losing to Going Coastal was basically a start for a storyline while Future Is Here beating Rock City Stars was about as surprising as sun rising in the morning, and with the Latino Kings out from the tag title match after their loss, I doubt I give much away when I say that Future Is Here is certainly going to be one (and only heel team) of the teams who are on that title match. Phunk over Toma was mainly because of popularity difference as I saw no reason to hurt Phunk´s popularity at this point even though I have bit more plans for Toma than him at this point. Black going over Bouncer was the first match for the obvious storyline between Five Stars (mainly Griffith and Bouncer as Parker and Keith are on other storyline that will be revealed eventually) and Black (and Toma).

March 2013

Monday Week 2

Dark Matches:

1 vs. 1

Jacob Jett vs. Bradley Blaze

WINNER: Jacob Jett by pinfall in 4:43 F+

ESE POWER

Lowe Ballroom (North West)

Attendance: 3343

2 vs. 2

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Marv%20Statler_zpsnl522itw.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/DeanWaldorf_zps40a29bf9.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Dharma%20Gregg_zpsbgojwa5d.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hellech_zps90nhfdtr.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Pierrot_zpsyg6iuvqc.jpg

The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf) /w. Dharma Gregg vs. Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot)

The show starts with tag team match between two teams who look to insert themselves into tag title match. Coulrophobia quickly proved that while they may look like clowns, they not the ones who you would like to have in your kids birthday party as they used lots of dirty tricks in order to try to keep themselves int the match. Despite the dirty tricks, Ring Generals proved to be the stronger unit and Waldorf got the win for his team by pinning Pierrot after Waldorf Salad Toss.

WINNERS: The Ring Generals by pinfall in 5:20 D-

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Donnie%20J_zpsao0qfonh.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/CaliforniaLoveMachine_zps9d479b85.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Frankie-Boy%20Fernandes_zpspzts2oef.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jacob%20Jett_zpsdrmsww5r.jpg

We go to backstage next and Donnie J introduces himself and Flying Daredevils, saying that while he still wants to make it on top of ESE, he also feels that it´s time for him to start passing his knowledge to next generation and that the three men beside him will be that next generation, ones that will carry on the legacy of entertaining and thrilling the crowd with fast phased action, just like he and many other have done and still continue to do in CZCW. He also hypes Jett as one of the best young Canadian talents available and Going Coastal as one of the best future tag teams, reminding everyone that Going Coastal were CZCW tag champions before coming here and declaring that their win from Latino Kings at last show will just be first of many that this group will take during their ESE careers. D-

2 vs. 2

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rockin%20Ryan%20Turner_zpssrqa8p1z.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Stan%20Manna_zpsracwgjzt.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rudy%20Velasquez_zpsui4tl8rk.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hector%20Galindo_zpsjdrnglfp.jpg

The Rock City Stars (Rockin´ Ryan Turner & Stan Manna) vs. The Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez & Hector Galindo)

Both of these teams were already out from the tag title match so there was little else than pride on the line but both teams knew how important it still was to get some a win here in order to get back on the right track. That said, while City Stars did have their own moments, Latino Kings seemed bit more focused (and were willing to cheat in order to gain advantage) and that let to their win as Velasquez pinned Manna after connecting with Street Cutter.

WINNERS: The Latino Kings by pinfall in 5:23 D-

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rudy%20Velasquez_zpsui4tl8rk.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hector%20Galindo_zpsjdrnglfp.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jesus%20Chavez_zpscjqhq2zu.jpg

After their match, Jesus Chavez joined his teammates as they had some choice words to Flying Daredevils, mainly declaring that their win last week was a fluke and that Kings will prove that they are the best group there is in ESE as they won´t become a stepping stones to some flippy-floppy wanna-be´s. D-

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Greg%20Black_zpsf8uuvyds.jpg

We have yet another promo next as Greg Black talks about the attack from Five Stars last week, declaring that he will get his revenge eventually but right now, it´s the King of the Network tournament that matters so the “so-called” Stars have to wait their turn. D+

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/RemmySkye_zps435007cd.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Billy%20Russell_zpsqdgujpbd.jpg

Remmy Skye vs. Billy Russell

This was a match between two guys who are pretty much opposites of each other´s. Skye is a relaxed guy who doesn´t seem to take things too seriously and who takes lots of risks in the ring without really thinking about the outcome first, while Russell is stiff, tough, no-nonsense guy who keeps feet´s firmly on the ground and calculates every strike he makes. At least this time, Skye´s go-for-the-moment style proved to be more effective as he´s the one who managed to go forward on the tournament after putting Russell out via Skye Diver.

WINNER: Remmy Skye by pinfall in 12:08 D+

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Donnie%20J_zpsao0qfonh.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

Donnie J vs. Jack Griffith /w. Carl Batch

This was very similar match than the one before, with Donnie using the high flying risk taker route, thrilling the fans just like he promised earlier he (and rest of the Flying Daredevils) would while Griffith tried to keep him grounded as much as possible.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rudy%20Velasquez_zpsui4tl8rk.jpg

However, it wasn´t Griffith or any of his allies that gave him the win. Instead, it was Rudy Velasquez who interfered and distracted Donnie enough for him to lose the match as that distraction led to him eating Jack In The Box.

WINNER: Jack Griffith by pinfall in 11:40 C-

Show Rating: D

TV Rating: 1.24

Comments: Well, if the first show left something more to be desired then the second only reinforced that feeling as it was clearly worse than the first show despite once again, having two main eventer vs. main eventer matches in it. As for the bookings, the dark match was there to give Jett a win and it bombing was hardly any surprise with both guys being openers so the rating was acceptable. The two tag matches didn´t achive much other than giving Generals their first win and giving Latino Kings a bounce back win after losing to Going Coastal in last show. The two angles between Flying Daredevils and Latino Kings served, both to introduce the two groups a bit better and also to kick start the feud I had planned between the two groups. Black´s angle weren´t really anything more than keeping the starting feud between him and Five Stars on the spotlight, plus I felt that the attack needed to be addressed somehow. Skye over Russell was again mainly popularity based while Griffith, as the leader of my main heel stable, was always going to stay strong. I decided to have Donnie dropping early from the tournament, partly so I could better use him in the feud between Daredevils and Kings and partly because I hoped to give Griffith a bit of popularity boost and hopefully rise him to D+ level. It didn´t work though, as he´s still on D and Donnie dropped to D as well so perhaps it wasn´t that bright idea, though I don´t know if Griffith still gained some popularity (likely, that´s always bit hard to know since I prefer to use grades instead of numbers). On backstage news, Wooton Fitzpaine apparently knows how to make a good early impression in locker room as he brought enough alcohol to float a battleship.

Comments: Well, if the first show left something more to be desired then the second only reinforced that feeling as it was clearly worse than the first show despite once again, having two main eventer vs. main eventer matches in it. As for the bookings, the dark match was there to give Jett a win and it bombing was hardly any surprise with both guys being openers so the rating was acceptable. The two tag matches didn´t achive much other than giving Generals their first win and giving Latino Kings a bounce back win after losing to Going Coastal in last show. The two angles between Flying Daredevils and Latino Kings served, both to introduce the two groups a bit better and also to kick start the feud I had planned between the two groups. Black´s angle weren´t really anything more than keeping the starting feud between him and Five Stars on the spotlight, plus I felt that the attack needed to be addressed somehow. Skye over Russell was again mainly popularity based while Griffith, as the leader of my main heel stable, was always going to stay strong. I decided to have Donnie dropping early from the tournament, partly so I could better use him in the feud between Daredevils and Kings and partly because I hoped to give Griffith a bit of popularity boost and hopefully rise him to D+ level. It didn´t work though, as he´s still on D and Donnie dropped to D as well so perhaps it wasn´t that bright idea, though I don´t know if Griffith still gained some popularity (likely, that´s always bit hard to know since I prefer to use grades instead of numbers). On backstage news, Wooton Fitzpaine apparently knows how to make a good early impression in locker room as he brought enough alcohol to float a battleship.[/center]

The matches are in the C-/C range (semi-main and main) -- so it must be the angles that are bringing the show down. Donnie and Rudy's angles (D-) clearly bring the overall grade. Involve Bouncer in some Menace angles and/or Dharma Gregg in some sex appeal angles on the show and the show should be good enough for you gain popularity -- it is a bit of a cheap trick but it will help significantly.

The matches are in the C-/C range (semi-main and main) -- so it must be the angles that are bringing the show down. Donnie and Rudy's angles (D-) clearly bring the overall grade. Involve Bouncer in some Menace angles and/or Dharma Gregg in some sex appeal angles on the show and the show should be good enough for you gain popularity -- it is a bit of a cheap trick but it will help significantly.

I never really been any good with angles and usually those score lot worse than matches for me so angles bringing the ratings down could certainly be the case. That said, the undercard matches weren´t any better so that might be part of the problem too. I will certainly use Bouncer´s menace occasionally but I prefer not to overuse it just to gain ratings so I won´t likely use it more than once or twice per feud. As for Dharma, I might do occasional movie skit (I believe there was one were one of the participants was rated with sex appeal) type of angle with her and Ring Generals (Dharma hyping Ring Generals up before a match, for example) but with T&A level being none, I won´t really put that many angles with sex appeal on the show as I feel it doesn´t really fit the product.

March 2013

Monday Week 3

ESE POWER

McGaw Arena (Tri State)

Attendance: 3911

2 vs. 2

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Wooton%20Fitzpaine_zpsds0t0p02.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Thimbleby%20Langton_zpshya42z7x.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hellech_zps90nhfdtr.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Pierrot_zpsyg6iuvqc.jpg

The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton) vs. Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot)

The show starts with Good Ol´ Boys making their debut against Coulrophobia who already had lost their chance to get into tag title match at PPV. Ol´ Boys had very simple plan that someone could say is the best they could come with (they playing the dumb hillbilly´s gimmicks) of using their power advantage, while Coulrophobia, just like in their last match, used lots of dirty tricks combined to fast speed offence to try to keep themselves in the match. At the end, it was brute power that won the day as despite Coulrophobia managing to fool the Boys several times, they failed to keep one of them down for a three count while one Gutwrench Flapjack was all Langton needed to keep Hellect down.

WINNERS: The Good Ol´ Boys by pinfall in 5:01 D-

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rudy%20Velasquez_zpsui4tl8rk.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Donnie%20J_zpsao0qfonh.jpg

Rudy Velasquez comes in the ring alone next and calls Donnie J out, telling him that the last week was only the beginning and if Flying Daredevils still think they can walk over Latino Kings just like that, they have another thing for coming. Donnie comes to ringside but he does seem surprisingly cool despite the fact that Rudy cost him a title shot last week, telling Rudy that Daredevils are all about trilling fights and if Velasquez thinks he has what it takes, how about the two of them meet each other´s at ESE Rising Champions, since both of them are now out from any title matches. Rudy seems to be fuming a bit, clearly annoyed by Donnie´s call attitude and quickly agrees on the match, saying that he will gladly put the leader of Daredevils out for good in order to show without doubt that Latino Kings are the superior group. D+

2 vs. 2

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/CaliforniaLoveMachine_zps9d479b85.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Frankie-Boy%20Fernandes_zpspzts2oef.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

Going Coastal (Californian Love Machine & Frankie-Boy Hernandez) vs. The Future is Here (Matthew Keith & Steven Parker) /w. Carl Batch

There was a lot on stake at this one with winning team getting into tag title match at Rising Champions. Going Coastal once again, looked good and used lots of high risk moves to wow the crowd but in the end, those high risk moves ended of biting them instead as Keith managed to lock Hernandez on Proton Lock after Hernandez missed a top rope dive and with Parker keeping Love Machine away, Hernandez didn´t have any other chance than to tap out in order to avoid any permanent damage.

WINNERS: The Future Is Here by submission in 8:16 C-

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Kid%20Toma_zpsbkkofad0.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Billy%20Russell_zpsqdgujpbd.jpg

Kid Toma vs. Billy Russell

Both these men were very intense and both seemed to think they had lot to prove after being eliminated from the King Of The Network tournament early on. That resulted to this one being the most hard-hitting match so far with neither side giving an inch to other. At the end, only one could win and that proved to be Kid Toma who eventually managed to connect with Long Range Headbutt that was enough to keep Russell down for a three count.

WINNER: Kid Toma by pinfall in 11:34 C-

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hells%20Bouncer_zpsggokrkpb.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Kid%20Toma_zpsbkkofad0.jpg

After the match, Hell´s Bouncer walks into ring and challenges Toma to match in ESE Rising Champions, declaring tha he wants to show everyone that despite his win here tonight, Toma is far inferior to him and rest of the Five Stars and that it´s a joke that someone as bad as him was signed into SWF while true stars like the Five Stars aren´t. Toma don´t seem to like those claims and quickly accepts the challenge, declaring that he hopes Bouncer doesn´t have any plans after the Rising Champions as it would be shame when he has to cancel those plans because he will stay rest of the night in a hospital bed. D

1 vs. 1 King of the Network tournament semi-final

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Greg%20Black_zpsf8uuvyds.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Grandmaster%20Phunk_zpsadyjvwwo.jpg

Greg Black vs. Grandmaster Phunk

This match was bit slow to start, mainly thanks to Phunk trying to get advantage via stalling but once it did get going, it was certainly one of the better matches of the night as both men gave their all in order to try to get themselves into the finals. At the end, Black proved to be the better man (at least this time) as Phunk fell victim of Fade To Black.

WINNER: Greg Black by pinfall in 12:15 C

TV Rating: 1.21

Comments: This show was a bit better in terms of ratings, with three matches breaking to C- territory but still we lost popularity and don´t have enough interesting storylines. To be honest, I expect that to continue for some time but hopefully I eventually manage to pull this into level where I won´t bleed popularity. Donnie J and Rumble Roper have bonded backstage over motorbikes. Good Ol´ Boys had excellent chemistry teaming with each other´s so that´s another nice tag chemistry on the books.

• 2 weeks later...

March 2013

Monday Week 4

3 vs. 3

Grandmaster Phunk & Billy Russell & Acid II vs. The Rock City Stars (Rockin´ Ryan Turner & Stan Manna) & Jacob Jett

WINNERS: Grandmaster Phunk & Billy Russell & Acid II by pinfall in 8:15 D

ESE POWER

Missouri State Armory (Mid West)

Attendance: 3558

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rudy%20Velasquez_zpsui4tl8rk.jpg

The show starts with Rudy Velasquez in the ring, cutting a promo about Donnie and how he´s going to expose Donnie as an old has-been that everyone know he is. That is, if Donnie can even survive tonight´s match against Jesus Chavez and make it into ESE Rising Champions. D-

2 vs. 2

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Marv%20Statler_zpsnl522itw.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/DeanWaldorf_zps40a29bf9.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Dharma%20Gregg_zpsbgojwa5d.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Wooton%20Fitzpaine_zpsds0t0p02.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Thimbleby%20Langton_zpshya42z7x.jpg

The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf) /w. Dharma Gregg vs. The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton)

There were high stakes here as winners were going to get a tag title shot opportunity while losers would gain… well nothing. Good Ol´ Boys tried to use their power advantage to keep themselves on the top but Ring Generals managed to outsmart their dim-witted opponents. Statler ended up gaining the win after hitting Langton with Backdrop Backbreaker.

WINNERS: The Ring Generals by pinfall in 7:51 D

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Marv%20Statler_zpsnl522itw.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/DeanWaldorf_zps40a29bf9.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpg

Ring Generals don´t get any chance to celebrate their victory as The Future is Here attacks them right after the match and beat them down rather badly before security finally manages to install some order on the situation. Marvin Earnest is quite livid about this, calling it an unnecessarily act while Turner says that Parker and Keith are smart to weaken their opponents before the title match. E+

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Donnie%20J_zpsao0qfonh.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jesus%20Chavez_zpscjqhq2zu.jpg

Donnie J vs. Jesus Chavez

Jesus did give Donnie some troubles early on but the longer the match did go, the more it became clear that Donnie is anything but has-been as he´s high speed pffence kept Chavez off-balance for most of the match before Death On Miami Beach sealed the deal.

WINNER: Donnie J by pinfall in 5:08 D+

2 vs. 2

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Greg%20Black_zpsf8uuvyds.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Kid%20Toma_zpsbkkofad0.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

Greg Black & Kid Toma vs. The Future is Here (Matthew Keith & Steven Parker) /w. Carl Batch

Future Is Here did have a bit of an early advantage here, partly thanks to Batch distracting Black and Toma and partly because Black and Toma didn´t really work together, mainly thanks to Toma who seemed intend to beat both opponents by himself. Still, despite being at the back foot, Black and Toma were experienced enough to know how to stay in the match and eventually they managed to turn the tide with Black finishing Keith via Fade To Black.

WINNERS: Greg Black & Kid Toma by pinfall in 11:32 C+

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Greg%20Black_zpsf8uuvyds.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Kid%20Toma_zpsbkkofad0.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hells%20Bouncer_zpsggokrkpb.jpg

Black and Toma might have won the match but they were too tired after the tough match to effectively fight back when Griffith and Bouncer attacked them and beat them down. D+

1 vs. 1 King of the Network tournament semi-final

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/RemmySkye_zps435007cd.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

Remmy Skye vs. Jack Griffith /w. Carl Batch

Griffith stayed in the ring after the beat down, looking to get into King of the Network finals. However, Remmy Skye looked to get the same prize and his reckless, high fly offence caused lots of trouble for Griffith. Still, Griffith did show that he´s almost as good as he say he is and managed to sneak out the win with Jack In The Box sending Remmy to dreamland.

WINNER: Jack Griffith by pinfall in 12:28 C

TV Rating: 1.25

Comments: Still a D+ rating despite good main and semi-main events. I´m guessing that lack of interesting storylines combined with mediocre undercard is what keeps hurting the ratings here. Unfortunately, I´m bit unlikely to find three storylines that could constantly keep the heat over C- region, at least not if I want to use my whole roster instead of just the better guys and at least right now, I´m willing to take the popularity hit in order to have more diverse storylines. As for the booking (something I apparently forgot to talk about last time), the main event was obviously just advancing the tournament (easy way to get good main events for the first month as well), while the first match was there just to determinate the second participants for the tag title match, and there was no real surprises there either as I believe I did go with two strongest teams on that one. Those two teams will also start a feud as could be told by the angle right after the first tag match. Donnie over Jesus was simply there to give Jesus a match this month and also to keep Donnie´s momentum high (plus it´s also counts toward the feuds heat and helped it up a bit). Future Is Here against Black and Toma was a no-brainer and I bet everyone saw that coming at some point, that match was bit better than I expected (I expected it to be good but not better than all of my main eventer vs. main eventer matches so far) and was perhaps wasted a bit as a semi-main event instead of being a main event like it should had been. On the dark match, I mainly just wanted to give Phunk and Russell some momentum plus Acid II a win. I wasn´t completely happy about having Jett on the losing side but I´m little short of face jobbers at the moment so he has to take some falls because of that. As for backstage news, Donnie J took Californian Love Machine under his wing…. well, I couldn´t scrip that one better myself even if I tried so great!

The prediction contest will run to six months/PPV´s (it was going to be a full year but after thinking that a bit more, I figured that it would take way too long to complete) and the winner can pick any active male wrestler who isn´t on written elsewhere and who can work in USA. I must sign that guy for 1 year written deal and cannot cut him before the deal is over. After the year, he will be like any other wrestler in my roster and I can resign or cut him anytime I want. No prizes for 2nd or lower placed predictors this time around unfortunately, since you all get to affect my roster when I sign new guys anyway.

Predictions:

2 vs. 2 for the ESE Tag Team titles

The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf) vs. The Future is Here (Matthew Keith & Steven Parker)

3 vs. 3

The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton) & Stan Manna vs. Grandmaster Phunk & Jesus Chavez & Hector Galindo

1 vs. 1

Remmy Skye vs. Acid II

1 vs. 1

???? vs. Billy Russell

1 vs. 1

Donnie J vs. Rudy Velasquez

1 vs. 1

Kid Toma vs. Hell´s Bouncer

1 vs. 1 King of the Network tournament final for the King of the Network title

Greg Black vs. Jack Griffith

Bonus Question: Who is Billy Russell´s opponent (it´s someone from the current roster):

The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf) vs. The Future is Here (Matthew Keith & Steven Parker)

Part of me thinks TFIH is going to win simply because they are part of a stable. However, the got over on the Ring Generals last show and I think the Generals will get their revenge here and become the first ever champions. Now watch me be completely wrong...:D

3 vs. 3

The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton) & Stan Manna vs. Grandmaster Phunk & Jesus Chavez & Hector Galindo

I can't believe I am about to say this but Stan Manna is the weakest link on his team with the Good Ol' Boys so I think he will be the reason they lose.

1 vs. 1

Remmy Skye vs. Acid II

1 vs. 1

Californian Love Machine vs. Billy Russell

1 vs. 1

I really like this feud thus far but there is no way Donnie loses here.

1 vs. 1

I have all of Hell's Bouncer's stable mates losing so I have to give him this win.

Normally I think it is best to have a heel as your first champion but I think Greg is more over in terms of popularity (He was in the SWF after all).

Bonus Question: Who is Billy Russell´s opponent (it´s someone from the current roster): Californian Love Machine

This is a pure guess.

3 vs. 3

1 vs. 1

Remmy Skye vs. Acid II

1 vs. 1

???? vs. Billy Russell

1 vs. 1

1 vs. 1

Bonus Question: Who is Billy Russell´s opponent (it´s someone from the current roster): jacob jett

Predictions:

Stable defeats non-stable, and Generally.. the Generals have been a bit of a disappointment.

3 vs. 3

More Cohesion with the 3 vs. 3

1 vs. 1

Remmy Skye vs. Acid II

Skye is way more over... still, a bit of the pop should rub off onto Acid

1 vs. 1

???? vs. Billy Russell

I.... don't think ??? is over enough to take the match, but I also don't think this is a clean win.

1 vs. 1

A baby face needs to win, and Donnie is way higher up the pecking order

1 vs. 1

Bouncer will be a big(er) star, and needs to look strong here -- he is invaluable in promos.

Jack has better promo skills, and I prefer baby faces chasing.

Bonus Question: Who is Billy Russell´s opponent (it´s someone from the current roster): Jacob Jett

3 vs. 3

1 vs. 1

Remmy Skye vs. Acid II

1 vs. 1

???? vs. Billy Russell

1 vs. 1

1 vs. 1

Bonus Question: Who is Billy Russell´s opponent (it´s someone from the current roster): Jacob Jett

March 2013

Sunday Week 4

ESE Rising Champions

Louisiana Auditorium (South East)

Attendance: 9020

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/eseprinceofstudios_zpsbxwzsfl6.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Marv%20Statler_zpsnl522itw.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/DeanWaldorf_zps40a29bf9.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Dharma%20Gregg_zpsbgojwa5d.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf) /w. Dharma Gregg vs. The Future is Here (Matthew Keith & Steven Parker) /w. Carl Batch

The show starts with a great tag team match between two of the better if not best teams in ESE. The match was very even with both sides wrestling smart and trying to avoid mistakes, while still keeping up a good phase and making sure to push any advantage they could gain. Either team could had easily won this one but at the end it was Steven Parker who got the win when he pinned Dean Waldorf after connecting with Future Shock.

WINNERS: The Future Is Here by pinfall in 10:15 C

3 vs. 3

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Wooton%20Fitzpaine_zpsds0t0p02.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Thimbleby%20Langton_zpshya42z7x.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Stan%20Manna_zpsracwgjzt.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Grandmaster%20Phunk_zpsadyjvwwo.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jesus%20Chavez_zpscjqhq2zu.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hector%20Galindo_zpsjdrnglfp.jpg

This was a bit of a filler match but these six guys still put-up a good performance. The story of the match was that heels used every dirty trick that they could think in order to try to stay a head of the face team and that worked quite well too with Phunk pinning Manna for the win after hitting him with low blow followed by Phunkensteiner while Chavez and Galindo kept Good Ol´ Boys busy.

WINNERS: Grandmaster Phunk & Jesus Chavez & Hector Galindo by pinfall in 5:35 D+

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/RemmySkye_zps435007cd.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Acid%20II_zpserzzsrqt.jpg

Remmy Skye vs. Acid II

This was perhaps the surprise match of the night as few expected Acid II to be much of a challenge to established indy name like Skye but the masked man showed that he could hang with the best of them as these two put-up a great back and forth match were both men crashed and burned a few times after risky moves. At the end, despite Acid´s best efforts, Remmy got his hand raised after connecting with Skye Diver.

WINNER: Remmy Skye by pinfall in 6:21 C

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Billy%20Russell_zpsqdgujpbd.jpg

Billy Russell comes into ring next and admits that he had a rough start for his ESE career but anyone who thinks that he´s not the best there is in this company are wrong and he´s going to prove it by challenging anyone from the locker room to meet him and prove him wrong if they can. D-

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jacob%20Jett_zpsdrmsww5r.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Billy%20Russell_zpsqdgujpbd.jpg

Jacob Jett vs. Billy Russell

Jacob Jett was the man who answered the challenge from Russell, trying to beat the former MMA fighter with the high-phased flying offence that we come to expect from member of Flying Daredevils. Russell however, was not in mood for games and coldly waited his opportunity to strike while avoiding the worst of Jett´s offence. Inevitably, Jett eventually missed a high risk attack from the top rope and that´s when Russell did strike, beating Jett mercilessly for two minutes before forcing him to tap out via Twisted Arm Lock.

WINNER: Billy Russell by submssion in 5:35 C-

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hells%20Bouncer_zpsggokrkpb.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

We go to backstage next were Five Stars hype themselves, telling audience that Future Is Here winning the tag belts was only the beginning as they will dominate ESE until one of the “big league” companies finally realize that they are destined to be the top stars in the entire United States. C-

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Donnie%20J_zpsao0qfonh.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rudy%20Velasquez_zpsui4tl8rk.jpg

Donnie and Rudy put-up a really nice fast phased match were both men looked to be on the driver seat at various times. However, at the end, Donnie proved that his and his allies drilling fighting style can be effective as well as he scored the win after Death On Miami Beach put Rudy out cold.

WINNER: Donnie J by pinfall in 13:51 D+

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Kid%20Toma_zpsbkkofad0.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hells%20Bouncer_zpsggokrkpb.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

Kid Toma vs. Hell´s Bouncer /w. Carl Batch

This one was pure brawl with very little wrestling skills shown during the match but while both men tried hard, they just didn´t seem to click and that lead to few botched spots that took little bit away from the match. As said, the match itself told the story of intense brawl were no quarter was asked or given and the pair looked really closely matches until Carl Batch made his presence felt by distracting Toma long enough for him to fall victim to Damnation Drop and as tough as Toma is, even he didn´t manage to get back up after taking that hit.

WINNER: Hell´s Bouncer by pinfall in 13:43 D-

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/ESEKingoftheNetwork_zpsuyi7wkz4.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Greg%20Black_zpsf8uuvyds.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

Greg Black vs. Jack Griffith /w. Carl Batch

With the main title on the line, this one started carefully as neither man didn´t want to make mistakes that would cost their changes for the belt. The match got more intense as it progressed and both men had some near fall situations but both always managed to fight their way back.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hells%20Bouncer_zpsggokrkpb.jpg

That was until Hell´s Bouncer attacked Black and drop him down via Damnation Drop while referee was distracted by Batch and Griffith. Black still managed to recover enough to get up after the hit (partly thanks to Griffith taking a bit of time before finishing the argument with referee, likely to give Bouncer enough time to hide) but he was too dazed to avoid Griffith´s Jack In The Box that sealed the win for Griffith.

WINNER: Jack Griffith by pinfall in 14:08 C+

PPV Buy Rate: 0.44

Comments: Well, bit better and while the show only got D+ rating, it actually increased our popularity in 11 regions. Looking at the matches Toma vs. Bouncer is the obvious letdown but they had a bad chemistry, plus the match was bit too long for Bouncer which explains the bad rating between the two. Still a quite a big setback considering that they are in a same feud but guess it could had been worse. Skye vs. Acid II was the most surprising on the other end as while I expected a decent match, C rated match certainly weren´t on my plans, heck I would had been ok with just D considering Acid II´s lack of popularity. Both title matches delivered but that was expected and the very reason I chose those particular guys in there. Donnie vs. Rudy was bit disappointing but still, it should had helped Rudy´s popularity a bit. Greg Black was unhappy about losing in the main event, which did make bit sense since he was more over coming into match (D+ vs. D) and was always likely to drop to D level (which he did) but in the end, I felt that Bouncer running interference was enough reasoning for Black to lose without making him look weak so I did go with it anyway. As for why certain matches were booked the way they were, I knew I wanted to present Five Stars as a strong group at the start and decided that the best way to do this is to have them all win their matches in the first PPV (plus winning the two belts up for grasp). Other than that, I chose Future Is Here as my first tag champions, partly because they are the best in-ring workers but mainly simply because I had bit more options as face challengers (Ring Generals, Good Ol´ Boys and Going Coastal) than heel (Future Is Here and Latino Kings). Griffith being the first King Of The Network champion had bit of a similar reasoning as I felt that my main event face scene was slightly stronger than my heel side though it´s a bit closer call than with the tag belts. On the other matches Phunk, Russell and Skye were all used to hope to push some of the lower level guys while Phunk also helped to keep the rest of the Latino Kings bit stronger. Donnie against Velasquez was meant to be a well scoring match that would help Rudy´s popularity but as said, the match was a bit disappointing considering what Russell and Skye managed to do with lot less over opponents. Bouncer against Toma was bit of a coin flip match but in the end, I decided that I wanted Bouncer to win in order to keep his group strong at the start. On the financial news, we actually made 102642$ of profit this month so seems we are financially alright which is nice to see after losing around 90000$ in the first two months. This also means I could bring in some extra guys and I might look that option soon as there has been a few times when I felt I could use few extra guys.

all contracts are p.p.a deals unless otherwise noted

Company news:

21UK:

Signed Apollo Prince

Signed Andrew Lee

Signed Martin Bloydell

Signed The Damned

4C:

-

5SSW:

Signed Karen Bilous to touring contract

Signed Nina Cacace to touring contract

Signed Thea Davis to touring contract

AAA:

-

ACPW:

-

APW:

-

BCG:

Yoshinaka Taku walked out from BCG.

BHOTWG:

Signed Marat Khoklov on written

CGC:

-

CILL:

Signed Gabriela Ortega

Antonia Andres walked out from CILL

CZCW:

-

DIW:

Signed Heath Murdock

Signed D-Pod

Lost Warmonger to RAW

Lost Angus McMiller to RAW

EMLL:

Signed Gino Montero

Signed Extraordinatio Jr.

Signed Mr. Lucha III

EWA:

-

EX2010:

-

FCW:

-

GCG:

-

GSW:

-

Hinote Dojo:

-

IPW:

-

MAW:

Signed Deuce Deadline

MPWF:

-

NOTBPW:

-

NYCW:

Cut Whistler

Signed Handsome Stranger

OLLIE:

-

PGHW:

-

PSW:

-

QAW:

RAW:

Signed Angus McMiller to written

RIPW:

Herb Stately left RIPW.

Signed Sgt. Bubba Lee West

Signed Haley Buck

Signed Shady K

Saisho:

-

SOTBPW:

-

SWF:

Recalled Primus Allen

Lost Marat Khoklov to BHOTBG.

TCW:

Fall to cult size.

UEW:

-

USPW:

-

WEXXV:

-

WLW:

-

VWA:

-

ZEN:

Cut Blue Flea

Not much happening this month except two rather huge occasions. SWF losing Marat Khoklov to BHOTWG was the first one of those two. Not entirely sure if SWF just didn´t resign Marat or if Burning Hammer was able to just steal him but either way, SWF lost one of their most over stars. TCW falling to cult is the other huge thing that happened during the month, though I fully expect them to get back rather soon. EMLL made some good signings and RIPW made some interesting ones as well. I´m also bit interested to see how Heath Murdock does in DIW after leaving RAW.

Right, when I started, I said that I wanted to have a way to steal talent from top three American companies and now that I have confirmed that I do make profit, it´s time to ask you to pick who you would want to see in ESE (if possible). The way this is going to work is that I give you three lists, one from each top 3 American companies and you can pick five guys from each list. The first one will get 5 points, second pick will get 4 points etc. At the end, I count the points together and the five guys from each list that gets the most points are the guys I can try to steal from the said companies if opportunity arrives (so basically if their current contract ends during the year). I decided to include every active male wrestler that has less than B- popularity (I assume that guys with B- or above wouldn´t be interested on signing with me so I will only include them if I ever hit national level). One extra rule is that if a guy from the list leaves one of the companies for any reason, I cannot sign him any longer without putting him in a poll like any other wrestler outside the big three. So basically, if I for example, get a news that Spencer Spade (assuming he would be in top 5 point scorers from the SWF list) won´t be resigned by SWF, I can sign him to contract instantly as long as he´s still in SWF. If I decide to not to sign him and he hits free agency, I can no longer sign him to contract unless I put him into poll and he wins it (a.k.a the normal way to get in). This list will be valid for this year, at the start of the next year I will put a new poll and anyone from this list won´t be available anymore. Now, I know this isn´t the perfect way to handle this one mainly because no-one don´t know who´s contract is actually ending during this year (even I don´t know and I won´t look either as I´d like to keep it as a surprise for myself and I feel that it would be bit unrealistic for me to know that) but this was the best way I could figure how to do this (if anyone has other ideas I´m willing to listen). As for the list, I did group the wrestlers on their respective push levels in order to give some kind of idea what kind of level they currently are (not really important this year but will be for later years), SWF starts on upper midcard while the other two start on main event.

SWF:

Frederique Antonio Garcia

Joe Sexy

Paul Huntingdon

Squeeky McClean

Big Smack Scott

Captain Atomic

Des Davids

Enforcer Roberts

James Prudence

John Greed

Jungle Lord

Kurt Laramee

Marc DuBois

Randy Bumfhole

Robbie Retro

Zimmy Bumfhole

American Machine

Bart Bigginz

Brett Bigginz

Everest

Huey Cannonball

Jefferson Stardust

Marshall Dillon

Masked Patriot

Primus Allen

Spencer Spade

Lenny Brown

TCW:

Troy Tornado

Danny Fonzarelli

Eddie Peak

John Anderson

Joshua Taylor

Koshiro Ino

Rick Law

Scout

Aaron Andrews

American Bufffalo

Benny Benson

Brent Hill

Freddy Huggins

Genghis Rahn

Guide

Jay Chord

Joel Bryant

Chance Fortune

Edd Stone

Giant Tana

Mighty Mo

Texas Pete

Flying Jimmy Foxx

Harry Allen

Killer Shark

Elliot Thomas

Jeremie Courtney

USPW:

Jumbo Jackson

Chris Caulfield

Danny Rushmore

Peter Valentine

The Force

T-Rex

Andre Jones

Freddie Datsun

Java

Krusher Karloff

Mick Muscles

Petr Novak

Tribal Warrior

Charlie Thatcher

D.C Rayne

Eddie Howard

Giant Redwood

Darryl Devine

Dusty Ducont

Running Wolf

Atlas

I like this idea. Also, if you are going to put Big Smack Scott and The Force on a potential signing list I have to vote for them.:D

SWF:

1. Big Smack Scott

2. Des Davids

3. Joe Sexy

4. American Machine

5. John Greed

TCW:

1. Aaron Andrews

2. Chance Fortune

3. Rick Law

4. Troy Tornado

5. Joshua Taylor

USPW:

1. The Force

2. Darryl Devine

3. Chris Caulfield

4. Eddie Howard

5. D.C Rayne

SWF:

1: Spencer Spade

2: Captain Atomic

3: Squeeky McClean

4: Paul Huntingdon

5: James Prudence

Captain Atomic would be #1 on this list overall if I was ranking guys only on potential to the company -- and Spade would barely rank in the top five. However, I've seen Spade leave the company so many times that he deserves to be at the top, and his entertainment skills make him a must-add. Atomic is the complete package: he's got terrific entertainment skills and massive star quality, and is ready-built to take it to the next level -- I've always felt he's better as a heel, however. McClean isn't a great fit for your "woes" with story lines, but his in-ring skills are so good he powers his way to #3 on the list. Huntingdon has similar entertainment qualities -- he's a future star, but doesn't have the SQ of Spade or Atomic. As for Prudence, he's on the list so he can reform the fly boys, otherwise the solid talent doesn't measure up to the previous four.

TCW:

1: Koshiro Ino

2: Eddie Peak

3: Benny Benson

4: Jay Chord

5: Rick Law

Again, giving priority to star quality and entertainment. Jay Chord would be #2 on this list (if I was only going on talent) but sadly, his attitude knocks him down a few pegs. Ino is the best-in-ring guy and has the best potential on the roster not named Cornell or Hawkins, and he has more than few years before hitting time decline. Peak, who is a few years away from time decline, is a great entertainer with solid basics, and one of the most underrated guys in the C-Verse. Benson gets a boost as Black is on the roster, and High Concept would be a huge boon to the company -- he's close to the top five guys with less than B- popularity on merit alone. As for Law, he's here for entertainment and upside, as his in-ring skills need work.

1: D.C. Rayne

2: Andre Jones

3: Eddie Howard

4: Mick Muscles

5: Darryl Devine

D.C. Rayne is the undisputed best in-ring and promo guy under thirty in the company. As for Andre, he has considerable potential, but he is a ways away from reaching it. Eddie Howard (or his AMAZING alter-ego) has star quality, but lacks the potential of his smaller partner. Of the "big-name" USPW Talent, Mick Muscles easily is the best. As for Devine, I do think he's overrated -- but he's a solid in-ring guy with star quality -- it was a toss up between him and Jumbo for the fifth spot.

SWF

1) James Prudence

2) Jungle Lord

3) Robbie Retro

4) Lenny Brown

5) Marshall Dillon

TCW

1) Benny Benson

2) Joshua Taylor

3) Flying Jimmy Foxx

4) Giant Tana

5) Rick Law

USPW

1) Petr Novak

2) Andre Jones

3) Dusty Ducont

4) Running Wolf

5) The Force

Big thanks for everyone who took time to vote with the latest poll. The results were somewhat interesting so let´s go to see those, shall we?

SWF:

Big Smack Scott 5 + = 10

Jungle Lord 4 + 3 = 7

James Prudence 1 + 5 = 6

Spencer Spade 5

John Greed 1 + 4 = 5

Robbie Retro 3 + 1 = 4

Des Davids 4

Captain Atomic 4

Joe Sexy 3

Squeeky McClean 3

American Machine 2

Paul Huntingdon 2

Randy Bumfhole 2

Lenny Brown 2

Marshall Dillon 1

Frederique Antonio Garcia

Enforcer Roberts

Kurt Laramee

Marc DuBois

Zimmy Bumfhole

Bart Bigginz

Brett Bigginz

Everest

Huey Cannonball

Jefferson Stardust

Masked Patriot

Primus Allen

So, the top 5 gets into “I can try to steal them if I want” list and some interesting names here. Spade I expected to be here simply because he´s so good an AI always seems to drop him for some reason, Prudence also makes a lot of sense thanks to his history with Donnie. John Greed is another one that I think would work perfectly in bit smaller promotion (and the one that I would like to have most from these five) and might be available when he´s contract is up. BSS getting the top spot was a bit of a surprise but perhaps it shouldn´t had been as he is one of the more memorable characters in SWF thanks to his ego and backstage antics. Jungle Lord getting the second spot was perhaps the biggest surprise to me as I tend to overlook him a bit in favor of Bumfholes and Huntingdon among others. Still a nice list of workers overall and if any of them become available I certainly have hard time not to try and sign any of them (though whatever I will depends on the current situation and frankly, if SWF wants them to stay they probably will choose them over me). As a side note, I already had a news item that SWF won´t re-sign Enforcer Roberts so he won´t be on this list next year. I was a bit two ways on whatever I would have wanted Roberts as on one side, he has high popularity and good in-ring skills so he would had helped my ratings but then on the flip side, I wasn´t sure if signing him would had made lots of sense with current situation, mainly because I would have likely used him as heel but his usual bodyguard gimmick wouldn´t really work (why he would work someone who is so much below him on popularity?) and with the main champ being heel (and one that´s whole agenda is against guys like Roberts) I couldn´t really have him chase the belt that effectively either. Plus he´s high popularity would had been bit of a double edge sword since it would had been harder to have him lose matches since he would certainly not have liked that because of the high popularity loss. At the end, Roberts didn´t get any points so it wasn´t even close and I have to admit that I´m bit relieved on that as it would had been a tough call to make.

TCW:

Benny Benson 3 + 5 + 5 = 13

Chance Fortune 4 + 3 = 7

Aaron Andrews 5

Koshiro Ino 5

Joshua Taylor 1 + 4 = 5

Rick Law 3 + 1 + 1 = 5

Eddie Peak 4

Edd Stone 4

Flying Jimmy Foxx 3

Troy Tornado 2 + 1 = 3

Giant Tana 2

Jay Chord 2

Danny Fonzarelli 2

John Anderson

Scout

American Bufffalo

Brent Hill

Freddy Huggins

Genghis Rahn

Guide

Joel Bryant

Mighty Mo

Texas Pete

Harry Allen

Killer Shark

Elliot Thomas

Jeremie Courtney

So, we got a four-way tie here on 3 – 6 spots so I decided to include top 6 instead of the five…. and yes, I somehow failed to see that this would likely happen and didn´t manage to make any ruling before hand. :o Anyway, that little slip-up aside, Benny Benson got the highest score of anyone in these three polls and much like Prudence, including him makes a lot of sense thanks to Black already being in the company. Andrews is the second guy that I´m not really surprised to see getting in and Law and Ino are both guys I like a lot so happy to see them here. Taylor and Fortune were a bit of surprise to me but they are both guys who could do well in smaller company so I don´t mind having them here either. One think I´m actually bit happy is not to have Chord in top 5 (or 6) as while he´s talented and would certainly help, I dislike him thanks to his backstage attitude and thus I would have hard time deciding if I would sign him or not (I probably would had though, he´s too good to ignore). TCW did cut Jeremie Courtney from their roster shortly after falling to cult so I´m happy that he wasn´t chosen (not that I´m surprised but guess there always were a slight chance that could had happened).

USPW:

Darryl Devine 4 + 1 + 5 = 11

Andre Jones 4 + 4 = 8

D.C Rayne 1 + 5 = 6

The Force 5 + 1 = 6

Dusty Ducont 3 + 3 = 6

Eddie Howard 2 + 3 = 5

Chris Caulfield 3 + 2 = 5

Petr Novak 5

Peter Valentine 4

Mick Muscles 2

Running Wolf 2

T-Rex 1

Jumbo Jackson

Danny Rushmore

Freddie Datsun

Java

Krusher Karloff

Tribal Warrior

Charlie Thatcher

Giant Redwood

Atlas

Devine is the one name on USPW roster that almost always becomes available and I´m happy to have him here. Rayne is also solid talent, though I would like to use him as part of Nature Storm which obviously won´t happen. Still, he´s solid guy and might be interesting to see if he can cut in singles action. Andre Jones is another solid guy that I´m not surprised to see high. The Force and Ducont, while not the best in-ring talents, seem to be bit of forum favorites and while they probably the least exiting names from any of the lists talent wise, I´m ok to have them and will certainly consider signing them if they become available. Giant Redwood is already on his way out and much like Roberts, I was a bit thorn on if I would sign him or not (if he would had been chosen) as while he wouldn´t have helped my ratings a whole lot, he would have had enough popularity to put some of my top faces over on a short term deal.

Right, that´s that and now it´s time to get back into regular schedule. I have the next show simmed but haven´t even started on writing it yet so it might take bit more time before it is up. I hope that I can post it early next week but we see as I don´t usually get much done with this during work week.

I just realized, that I never postet how the predictions did go

:o so here´s the prediction contest results after one show:

This round:

KnowYourEnemy 7/7 + 1 = 8/7

jameschaos 5/7 + 1 = 6/7

Kitarzu 5/7 + 1 = 6/7

BHK1978 5/7

Predictions Contest:

KnowYourEnemy 8/7

jameschaos 6/7

Kitarzu 6/7

BHK1978 5/7

April 2013

Monday Week 1

Dark Matches:

3 vs. 3

Jack Griffith & Hell´s Bouncer /w. Carl Batch & Grandmaster Phunk vs. Thimbleby Langton & The Rock City Stars (Rockin´ Ryan Turner & Stan Manna)

WINNERS: Jack Griffith & Hell´s Bouncer & Grandmaster Phunk by pinfall in 5:15 D

ESE POWER

Huntsville Fairground (South East)

Attendance: 3651

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Greg%20Black_zpsf8uuvyds.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Roger%20Rogers_zps8y3juzkd.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Kid%20Toma_zpsbkkofad0.jpg

Show starts with Greg Black in the ring demanding a title shot against Griffith, stating that he only lost because of Bouncer´s interference. However, before Rogers can answer, Toma walks into ring and declares that Black had he´s shot and now it´s Toma´s turn to get a title shot. Black weren´t happy about that and noted that Toma couldn´t even beat Bouncer so with what merits does he ask a title shot? Black and Toma gets face-to-face and ready to brawl but Rogers stops them, and arranges 2 vs. 2 match with Black & Toma vs. Future Is Here and if they manage to win, the one who makes the pin will get the title shot in the next PPV, ESE Drop The Bomb. Both Black and Toma agree but the tension between the two is quite clear. D

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Billy%20Russell_zpsqdgujpbd.jpg

We have Billy Russell coming into the ring next as he makes another open challenge for the locker room. D-

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Wooton%20Fitzpaine_zpsds0t0p02.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Billy%20Russell_zpsqdgujpbd.jpg

Wooton Fitzpaine vs. Billy Russell

Wooton Fitzpaine answers the challenge this time around but while he does manage to get an early advantage thanks to he´s strength, Russell quickly shows that he´s a real deal as he turns the tables and get a win via Grounded Knee Flurry.

WINNER: Billy Russell by pinfall in 7:36 C-

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Marv%20Statler_zpsnl522itw.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/DeanWaldorf_zps40a29bf9.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Dharma%20Gregg_zpsbgojwa5d.jpg

We go to backstage next were Ring Generals cut a promo about The Future Is Here, telling them thatwhile they did win fairly in Rising Champions, the war is far from over and they will come for them again. E+

4 vs. 4

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/CaliforniaLoveMachine_zps9d479b85.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Frankie-Boy%20Fernandes_zpspzts2oef.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Donnie%20J_zpsao0qfonh.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jacob%20Jett_zpsdrmsww5r.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Acid%20II_zpserzzsrqt.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Bradley%20Blaze_zpsvzlga9oq.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hellech_zps90nhfdtr.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Pierrot_zpsyg6iuvqc.jpg

Flying Daredevils (Californian Love Machine & Frankie-Boy Hernandez & Donnie J & Jacob Jett) vs. Acid II & Bradley Blaze & Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot)

This was mostly a fast-phased, entertaining match with the exception of Coulrophobia trying to play their usual mind games and time wasting tactics. Luckily for the viewers, Flying Daredevils managed to keep the stalling on minimum by simply relentlessly attacking Hellech & Pierrot so fast that they didn´t have much time for their usual antics. Acid II and Blaze on the other hand, tried to keep up with the Daredevils but while heels did give a decent account for themselves, this match was mainly there to promote Flying Daredevils so it was little surprise when Donnie pinned Blaze for the win after Death Om Miami Beach.

WINNERS: Flying Daredevils by pinfall in 8:24 D

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/CaliforniaLoveMachine_zps9d479b85.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Frankie-Boy%20Fernandes_zpspzts2oef.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Donnie%20J_zpsao0qfonh.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jacob%20Jett_zpsdrmsww5r.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rudy%20Velasquez_zpsui4tl8rk.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hector%20Galindo_zpsjdrnglfp.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jesus%20Chavez_zpscjqhq2zu.jpg

After the match, Latino Kings come to ringside. Rudy does most of the talking, starting by claiming that Donnie´s win in Rising Champions was only because of luck and that it was insignificant anyway because Donnie is just an old has been with no future and thus not worth of Latino Kings time past that one “charity match” that they had. He then continues that the playtime is over and it´s time to start the “turf war” and that war is for young men and because of that, Rudy challenge Daredevil (minus Donnie) to a 3 vs. 3 match in ESE Drop The Bomb (the next PPV) to see which team is the better one. Donnie, perhaps surprisingly, seems more amused than angry on Rudy´s insulting words, claiming that if Rudy would be half as skilled in-ring as he is running his mouth, he would have be a champion long time ago. Still, Donnie admits that there actually is a bit of merit of what he says, as he´s not young anymore and he does feel that it´s perhaps time to let others shine, and thus, Daredevils accept the challenge. D

ANGLE:

We go to backstage next were Five Stars hype themselves up while similarly run down their rivals, namely Black, Toma and Ring Generals, telling them that they aren´t even good enough to be in the same ring with them, but if they want to prove Stars wring, they will happily back their words in the ring, because, on Griffith´s words, “It´s like having a night off”. C

2 vs. 2 if Toma & Black win, the man getting the pinfall will get a King of the Network title shot

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Greg%20Black_zpsf8uuvyds.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Kid%20Toma_zpsbkkofad0.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

Greg Black & Kid Toma vs. The Future is Here (Matthew Keith & Steven Parker) /w. Carl Batch

Black and Toma quickly proved that being in the ring with them is anything but “night off” and Parker and Keith run into bit of troubles early on as both Toma and Black on turn attacked them relentlessly. That said, Toma and Black didn´t show whole lot teamwork and in fact, seemed more likely to compete with each other´s rather than help and looked unwilling to tag each other´s in the match, perhaps fearing that the legal man could claim the pinfall and thus the title shot opportunity. This alongside Batch´s timely interferences not only put Future Is Here back into game but also gave them an advantage that they hold for a long time. At the end though, despite lack of teamwork, Toma and Black showed why they have been in big leagues as they managed to dig all the reserves they had and wrestle back the upper hand with Toma getting the important pinfall on Parker after Long Range Headbutt while Keith and Black were busy brawling outside the ring.

WINNERS: Greg Black & Kid Toma by pinfall in 14:15 C

Show Rating: C-

TV Rating: 1.21

Comments: So, we got C- rating and still lost popularity in 11 regions despite gaining popularity with D+ PPV show (in a same area too)? Sometimes I don´t quite understand this game but I guess PPV´s are better way to increase popularity then since you don´t need to score as high ratings? Either that or I´m missing something which wouldn´t be a surprise. :p Fitzpaine and Russell were the only really surprising match here (well, there was only three matches total so makes sense there´s not that many surprises) and they had a good chemistry which is why that match ended up giving way better rating than I expected out from it. Too bad, I´m unlikely to use that chemistry to any were but it´s still a nice boost. As for booking reasoning’s, the main event was set after I found out that Bouncer and Toma had bad chemistry in last PPV and I figured I might as well put Toma against Griffith and Black against Bouncer (since all four are in the same feud anyway) at least for the next PPV in order to avoid (or at least postpone) second Toma vs. Bouncer match until I have another high level feud to put into semi-main event slot so that I can hide Bouncer vs. Toma into undercard. Plus of course, I already knew that match would deliver fantastic rating too which is always a plus. Flying Daredevils over heel jobber squad was there to give Daredevils bit of momentum while I plan to continue Russell´s challenges at least to next PPV as I feel it´s a nice way to build him up and will eventually lead to a feud. Now that I know I have bit financial freedom, I´m bit more willing to put dark matches in in order to give a bit momentum to some guys and hopefully build in-ring skills too and that was the case this time with all three main event heels getting a bit of momentum while faces hopefully gained bit of skills thanks to working with better workers. Other than that, the show was unusually heavy on angles. For some reason I always seem to do this after the PPV, I guess that I just feel that what happened in PPV is best addressed on next show and I tend to do those via angles instead of matches especially if I´m continuing an old feud as was the case with all three current feuds.

April 2013

Monday Week 2

Dark Matches:

2 vs. 2

Donnie J & Jacob Jett vs. Bradley Blaze & Acid II

WINNERS: Donnie J & Jacob Jett by pinfall in 8:19 D+

ESE POWER

Ricardo Montenez Ballroom (Puerto Rico)

Attendance: 2000

3 vs. 3

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/RemmySkye_zps435007cd.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Wooton%20Fitzpaine_zpsds0t0p02.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Thimbleby%20Langton_zpshya42z7x.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hellech_zps90nhfdtr.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Pierrot_zpsyg6iuvqc.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jesus%20Chavez_zpscjqhq2zu.jpg

Remmy Skye & The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton) vs. Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot) & Jesus Chavez

The show starts with six-man tag match with bit of an odd pairings on both sides. That said, both teams did work at least somewhat well together and it made an interesting match to watch with lots of different styles on display. At the end, it was Skye who gained the win for his team when he pins Pierrot after Skye Diver.

WINNERS: Remmy Skye & The Good Ol´ Boys by pinfall in 7:31 D+

ANGLE:

Billy Russell comes to the ring next and makes another open challenge. C-

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rockin%20Ryan%20Turner_zpssrqa8p1z.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Billy%20Russell_zpsqdgujpbd.jpg

Rockin´ Ryan Turner vs. Billy Russell

This time, it was Turner who answered Russell´s challenge but just like his earlier opponents, Turner found Russell to be too tough nut to crack and he ended up looking the arena lights after Grounded Knee Flurry.

WINNER: Billy Russell by pinfall in 4:53 D+

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

Before their title defense Future Is Here tells Ring Generals that after the beating they did take in Rising Champions, they thought that Ring Generals would be smarter than trying to challenge them again but if they think that they are good enough to get the belts, they are welcome to try in next PPV but they will fail just like they did in Rising Champions and just like the two teams facing them today will fail. And if Ring Generals had already forgot how the defeat feels, their teammates Griffith and Bouncer will gladly remind them tonight when they beat the living hell out from them in the main event. C-

2 vs. 2 vs. 2 for the ESE Tag Team titles

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/ESETeamChampionship_zpsszfijcxu.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/CaliforniaLoveMachine_zps9d479b85.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Frankie-Boy%20Fernandes_zpspzts2oef.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Rudy%20Velasquez_zpsui4tl8rk.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hector%20Galindo_zpsjdrnglfp.jpg

Going Coastal (Californian Love Machine & Frankie-Boy Hernandez) vs. The Future is Here (Matthew Keith & Steven Parker) /w. Carl Batch vs. The Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez & Hector Galindo)

Latino Kings and Going Coastal seemed more interested on fighting each other´s than winning the belts and Keith and Parker took advantage on that letting the other two teams fight it out and only occasionally took part on the fight. Californian Love Machine did get the pin on Velasquez after LAX Departure and that eliminated Latino Kings from the match. However, that was as far as Going Coastal were going to get as they have fought almost ten minutes against Latino Kings while Parker and Keith were still quite fresh. Love Machine and Hernandez still fought bravely but fell short when Parker put Love Machine out with Future Shock.

WINNERS: The Future Is Here by pinfall in 11:40 C-

2 vs. 2

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Marv%20Statler_zpsnl522itw.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/DeanWaldorf_zps40a29bf9.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Dharma%20Gregg_zpsbgojwa5d.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hells%20Bouncer_zpsggokrkpb.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf) /w. Dharma Gregg vs. Jack Griffith & Hell´s Bouncer /w. Carl Batch

Ring Generals did have an uphill battle here as while they did have the tag experience on their side, they were against a vile veteran on Griffith as well as powerful and extremely dangerous Bouncer. Still, Statler and Waldorf did give up a good showing for themselves even if they eventually did fell short with Statler eating Damnation drop from Bouncer at the end while Griffith kept Waldorf from interfering.

WINNERS: Jack Griffith & Hell´s Bouncer by pinfall in 11:43 C-

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hells%20Bouncer_zpsggokrkpb.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Kid%20Toma_zpsbkkofad0.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Greg%20Black_zpsf8uuvyds.jpg

After the match, Griffith starts to talk smack about Toma and Black which quickly draws Toma into ringside. Toma doesn´t waste any time as he immediately declares with aggressive fashion that he will do what Black failed to do and take the belt from Griffith. This in turn, draws Black into ringside and he says that maybe he should do what Toma couldn´t and beat Bouncer again just like he did in the King of the Network tournament. Bouncer agrees to the match saying that he gladly wipe that embarrassment out by beating Black so good that will never bother Five Stars again. C+

TV Rating: 1.26

Comments: Again, popularity loss from the show but at least segments were quite consistent with everything except the post show angle (which I actually miss booked a bit since it didn´t include Toma or Black on on-screen role :p) scoring either D+ or C-. Those kind of ratings should be good enough to eventually rise the popularity of my midcard and below guys (at least that´s what I´m hoping) which is pretty much my goal right now as well. On other hand, those kind of ratings probably won´t help my main event guys to gain any more popularity… then again, I almost never seem to be able to do so with TEW2013 so it´s hardly big news that I´m failing there. I just hope that giving some of my better midcarders a bit of popularity would eventually help the match ratings enough for my main eventers to be able to push themselves into next popularity level as well. On backstage news, Russell decided that it would be fun to spread some rumors on Manna who didn´t approve and the two almost ended having a fist fight. I gave Russell a stern warning and if he continues causing troubles he might find himself back in the indy scene way quicker than I thought he would. On the booking notes, Griffith & Bouncer vs. Ring Generals was only slightly less obvious match than the Toma & Black vs. Future Is Here so no points for creativity for me on that one. Still, it did do its job even if I hoped a bit better rating out from it. Russell continued his challenges, and that will be weekly thing if I can find space for it. I´m right now trying to figure out whatever I pull a trigger for that to end in this PPV or the next and want to get at least few matches under Russell´s belt before I move to the next phase with him. The three way tag title was another rather obvious way to push the Latino Kings vs. Daredevils feud forward while similarly gives a well rated title defense match to Future Is Here. The 3 vs. 3 match was there mainly to give Remmy something to do while it also helped to give Good Ol´ Boys a win after three losses on the row. Pre-show tag match was mainly a training match for the lowercard guys while also giving a win to Jett who I like to keep on decent momentum.

April 2013

Monday Week 3

2 vs. 2

The Good Ol´ Boys (Wooton Fitzpaine & Thimbleby Langton) vs. Acid II & Bradley Blaze

WINNERS: The Good Ol´ Boys by pinfall in 4:42 D-

ESE POWER

Sunrise Sunset (Hawaii)

Attendance: 2000

2 vs. 2

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Marv%20Statler_zpsnl522itw.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/DeanWaldorf_zps40a29bf9.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Dharma%20Gregg_zpsbgojwa5d.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hellech_zps90nhfdtr.jpg & http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Pierrot_zpsyg6iuvqc.jpg

The Ring Generals (Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf) /w. Dharma Gregg vs. Coulrophobia (Hellech & Pierrot)

The show starts with tag team action as Ring Generals fought against Coulrophobia. Coulrophobia tried their usual tricks and antics (stalling, dirty tricks and just generally annoying he hell out from the opponents) here but Ring Generals were focused and didn´t led their opponents antics to frustrate them which led to Waldorf picking the victory for his team via Waldorf Salad Toss on Hellech.

WINNERS: The Ring Generals by pinfall in 4:52 D

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Marv%20Statler_zpsnl522itw.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/DeanWaldorf_zps40a29bf9.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Dharma%20Gregg_zpsbgojwa5d.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Steven%20Parker_zpsxd6aekxf.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Matthew%20Keith_zpsgghpmimp.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

After their match, Ring Generals take time to tell Future Is Here to bring their A-game at ESE Drop The Bomb because they are going to try their all in order to get the tag belts off from them. Parker and Keith come into ringside and play down Ring Generals, telling them that they have no chance against team as good as Future Is Here. D

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/CaliforniaLoveMachine_zps9d479b85.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Hector%20Galindo_zpsjdrnglfp.jpg

Californian Love Machine vs. Hector Galindo

This match was a preview to six-man tag match in ESE Drop The Bomb and both men wanted to give their team a good momentum going into that match. The match itself was fast phased action as Galindo tried to show that Latino Kings can work with the crowd pleasing daredevil style that Daredevils have become known by as well (well, Galindo can, the other two Kings not so much). Still, while Galindo showed that he could work with his opponent´s chosen fighting-style, he still ended up bit short, crashing and burning one time too many and Love Machine capitalized with LAX Departure.

WINNER: Californian Love Machine by pinfall in 8:27 D-

ANGLE:

Billy Russell keeps his promo short on this one, telling the audience and locker room that they already know how things go here so it´s time to stop talking and bring out his next victim. D-

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Frankie-Boy%20Fernandes_zpspzts2oef.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Billy%20Russell_zpsqdgujpbd.jpg

Frankie-Boy Hernandez vs. Billy Russell

Hernandez tried to use same kind of offence as he´s partner did in last match, but Russell wasn´t having any of that and mostly managed to kept Hernandez grounded before putting him out for good with Grouded Knee Flurry.

WINNER: Billy Russell by pinfall in 5:01 D+

1 vs. 1

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Kid%20Toma_zpsbkkofad0.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Grandmaster%20Phunk_zpsadyjvwwo.jpg

Kid Toma vs. Grandmaster Phunk

This match put two brawlers with different styles against each other´s as Toma´s fighting style is very aggressive and highly intense one with no room to breathe while Phunk employs slower, more calculating style were he picks his spots carefully. The match itself was a close one (as was their first one in the very first show) with both men getting close to the win several times during the match but at the end, it was Toma who picked up the win this time after connecting with Long Range Headbutt.

WINNER: Kid Toma by pinfall in 11:47 C-

1 vs. 1 for the King of the Network title

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/ESEKingoftheNetwork_zpsuyi7wkz4.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Donnie%20J_zpsao0qfonh.jpg vs. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpg /w. http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

Donnie J vs. Jack Griffith /w. Carl Batch

Donnie certainly gave Griffith run for his money on this one and Griffith had to employ several illegal tactics (and a bit help from Batch) in order to keep himself in the game, but at the end, he still emerged victories with Jack In A Box sealing the win.

WINNER: Jack Griffith by pinfall in 12:09 C+

ANGLE:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Jack%20Griffith_zpsbjgp8tsw.jpghttp://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/zergon_81/Carl%20Batch_zpshdpherrg.jpg

After his match, Griffith takes a microphone and congratulates Toma on his victory tonight but also saying that while Phunk is a decent talent, he´s just SWF dropout just like Toma himself and that Griffith is going to show in ESE Drop The Bomb, why he should have been signed into big leagues long time ago. B-

TV Rating: 1.19

Comments: We still lost popularity and didn´t have enough interesting storylines to follow but at least the main event and Griffith´s promo were really strong so maybe we are on the right direction. As for the booking, I didn´t originally had any plans to have Griffith defend his belt before the next PPV but I couldn´t figure out a good main event since Bouncer vs Toma and Griffith vs. Black had already happened and I didn´t want to put neither Future Is Here or Ring Generals to another losing effort since they already both got a tag loss against Black/Toma and Griffith/Bouncer. Thus I started to think about other options and Donnie (Skye could have worked too) was available and I don´t have any immediate plans on putting him against Griffith so I figured I might as well have him face Griffith. And since I don´t see much reason why the match wouldn´t had been with the belt on the line (Donnie is certainly creditable enough opponent for that) I decided to give Griffith a successful title defense as well. Toma over Phunk was mainly because I felt that Toma needed a big win in order to look like a real threat to Griffith. Phunk was unhappy about the loss, but I didn´t really have much going with him right now and thus I decided to go with the match despite Phunk´s protests. On other matches, Russell continued his open challenge angle while Galindo nad Love Machine´s match was preview on six man PPV match. Ring Generals getting a win over Coulrophobia was mainly to make them look semi-strong before their title shot at PPV. I would have liked them to face stronger opponents but I didn´t want to put Latino Kings there as they have their own feud so Coulrophobia was pretty much only available team to go with (excluding face vs. face matches but I try not to use too many of those). Angles were pretty standard “continuing the feud” angles so not much to tell about those. On backstage news Marvin Ernest and Marv Statler have bonded backstage once they discovered that they have a shared love on Swedish cinema…. ok, I think I won´t be making any obvious jokes about that no matter how tempting it is :p.

Archived