GloryVerse Mod - Submissions

Hey all! I just created this account despite being a lurker for a very long time. I am working very slowly on creating my own database for TEW. It's loosely based on the Cornellverse, AKA an alternate universe with different promotions, workers, etc. I would like to ask you for worker submissions for this database. If any of you are interested in contributing, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Also, if I don't get enough for an entire database, I may just add a few promotions and created workers to another current day mod.

To help shed some light on the GloryVerse (name for my mod), I'll describe the promotions that I have. Feel free to submit promotion ideas as well.

Art Of Wrestling: #1 promotion in the world, based in US, a blend of realistic wrestling along with sports entertainment like angles and promos. Mostly focused on wrestling.

Global Championship Wrestling: #2 promotion in world, based in US; very WWE like, with sports entertainment as the focus. Potential to fall into a slump.

Championship Wrestling from Canada: #3 promotion in world; formerly traditional promotion injected with a bit of attitude; beginning to catch fire

Elite Grappling Organization: #3 promotion in US, much like current day ROH with great wrestling, yet a growing focus on promos and angles.

American Wrestling Alternative: #4 promotion in US, gritty feeling, with a bit of an adult theme. Like an ECW without as much sex and violence (though it's still there)

West Coast Wrestling: California based promotion that has been around a long time. Traditional, family friendly, yet stale as week old bread.

Riot Act Wrestling: Generic US deathmatch promotion that has been around since the demise of HWA.

New York City Combat: US indy with a focus on sports entertainment.

Wrestling's House of Fun: US indy based on PWG/CHIKARA.

Women of Wrestling (WoW)

Product: Mainly traditional wrestling, with bits of mainstream. Like a full female TNA

Bio: In 1995, Katilyn Munoz and four other top-calibre female athletes (Tiffany Long, Hayden Pierce, Kristin Melissa, and Anna Key) grew bored of working in AOW and other federations, and decided to start there own promotion. Throughout the 2000's, they were a solid company, but in 2011 Long fell out with Munoz, and decided to retire from wrestling all together. With Munoz in charge of the company, and Pierce now booking for the past 5 years, could WoW be out of work soon?

Canadian Combat Corporation: Traditional, realistic Canadian indy.

Lone Star Wrestling League: Texas based indy focusing on old school Southern 'rasslin.

Grand Style Puroresu: The premiere promotion in Japan, and the third biggest promotion in the world. Based off of NJPW, GSP markets intense new-age puro while boasting a legendary junior heavyweight division. GSP has also capitalized on gaijin talent, pushing many as obnoxious heels, yet allowing many to make a name for themselves as elite athletes.

World Mountain Wrestling: This is admittedly an awful name, but Japanglish rules so I had to do it. WMW is about climbing the wrestling mountain in order to prove your worth. WMW is more of a traditional promotion with a greater focus on hard hitting heavyweights, and doesn't have quite as strong of a reputation as it used to.

BUSHIDO FC: BUSHIDO is a junior based promotion that is gaining more traction, with it's blend of strong style and lucha creating an exciting in-ring product. There are also many colorful characters who capture the younger audience well.

Blood Sport Fighting: BSF is your normal Japanese death match fed, with a well known Japanese action star as owner to keep it financially stable. Notable for it's exposure in the US during a late 90's alliance with the now defunct Hardcore Wrestling Association, BSF now has a talent-sharing agreement with the US based Riot Act Wrestling.

Joshi Puro Wrestling: JPW is Japan's premier joshi federation, focusing entirely on women and joshi style wrestling. (Credit to Quincy)

Gold Standard Grappling: A throwback to the golden age of British wrestling, this promotion features grappling clinics and realistic matches. (Credit to Kitarzu for this one)

Intense Theatrical Action (Credit to Kitarzu for the promotion and the bio)

A promotion based in Rome, Intense Theatrical Action is Francesco Mancini’s latest wrestling project. The Theatrical Sport, similar to the GCW product in late ‘90s, was a needed change in a stale European scene. The victory in the war against Louis Gagnon and his French Pro Revolution in 2011, left ITA as the leader in the Mediterranean area. Run by the savvy veteran and by his son Lorenzo smart booking, the future seems very bright for the Italian company.

Product: C-Verse SWF.

Size: High Regional in Mediterranean

This might take a while, but any interest in this would mean the world to me. The template for a new worker is below

Name:

Size:

Origin:

Appearance/Comparison in real life: (I will do my best to stick to the specifics)

Style: (technician, brawler, hardcore, etc.)

Finisher:

Bio: (I may add certain information depending on where I place the character.)

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to contributing to the forums!

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Xavier Zardando

Size: Middleweight

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Appearance-wise Kazarian (not character-wise though), some sort of face paint aswell

Style: Technician

Finisher: Flying Frankensteiner

Bio: Allen Mallow (more known in the wrestling scene as Xavier Zardando) started out in West Coast Wrestling as a young promising 17 year old, it didn't take long before he became a big hit in the promotion with his gimmick as a new-gen wrestler, which was something new for a company like WCW. Together with his gimmick, Mallow brought an exciting new wrestling style (which inspired his gimmick). Both of these pluses forced WCW to push, which ended up with him becoming the youngest world champion in the company at only 21 years old. After a few years as the main star of WCW, AOW picked him up, understanding how valueable he could become to them. Since then he has gradually worked himself up the card, holding the midcard title a few times. He is set to go for the world title next, it will be exciting to see if he can grasp this new challenge.

Name: Wicked Smile

Size: Light Heavyweight

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Character-wise a combination of Bray Wyatt (without a stable around him) and The Joker Appearance-wise, think the heel version of Doink, if you search for "creepy clown" on google, I think of Wicked like the first picture you see. Here is the picture I was refering to: http://images.smilesumo.com/2015/05/Creepy-clowns-05.jpg

Style: Brawler

Finisher: Package Piledriver

Bio: One of the greatest heels the industry has seen, Markus Larsen (known as Wicked Smile in the industry) is wrestling for GCW. Known for his evil clown gimmick, Wicked has capitalized on some of GCW's viewers Coulrophobia (fear of clowns). Though not the greatest in the ring (although decent), Wicked is known mostly known for his amazingly sinister and eerie promos, where he often breaks the fourth wall by talking directly to the fans. He gets an extra point in the creepy scale by always sporting a wicked smile on his face, even when he is getting beaten. Wicked has won multiple world titles and is one of the main heels of GCW. He is known for ending his promos whispering "Wicked will follow you home, Wicked will look through your windows, Wicked will see you, Wicked will come for you...." before laughing creepily for a few seconds. A down time for Wicked recently, will his luck and smile turn back around?

Name: Olivia Raine

Size: Small

Origin: British Isles

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Paige. Young British female who was raised in the business. Pale skin with black hair and blonde highlights. Great basics. Good psychology. Good charisma. Great sex appeal. The rest of the stats I'll leave up to you! :)

Style: Regular Wrestler

Finisher: Shiranui

Bio: Olivia Raine hails from the UK and was brought up by the legendary Raine family. She is the youngest in the family and traveled to the USA to work the independent circuit to try and make a name for herself. She possesses good entertainment skills as well as being able to hold her own in the ring. Being such a good talent for women's wrestling, it's a surprise no mainstream company has picked her up yet. Raine has all the time in the world to make herself known and to become a champion which are her exact intentions.

(Depending on if you alter the description or not, you may want to add a few members of the Raine family AKA a dad, mother, brothers, and or sister.)

Name: Iosif Tronstov

Size: Giant

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Absolute beast, 7'2'' with Lesnar like physique, shaved head

Finisher: Russian backbreaker (jumping backbreaker)

Bio: A freak of nature, Iosif Tronstov has dominated the indy sceene in europe since debuting 2 years ago. With his unmatched size and strength, Tronstov has to be one of the most menacing wrestlers of all time. He lacks good mic skills, but who needs mic skill when you can just tower over all your opponents? No big company has picked up the big Belarussian yet, but it is evident that this will happen soon enough.

I think you are missing a Japanese puro fed and a Japanese deathmatch fed. I am going to upload a bulk of workers (one for now since I need to sleep soon) so you have a bit to work with though!

Name: Kamui Naegi

Size: middleweight

Origin: Jappanese,Asian

Appearance/Comparison in real life:He looks a little like KENTA/Hideo Itami, except he has a few scars on his body

Style: (technician, brawler, hardcore, etc.) Pshycopath

Finisher: Kamui KAMBOOM! (invterted burning hammer)

Bio: Born to a retired Joshi wrestler and an American Super Bowl veteran,

Kamui never knew is dad, moving to Japan at just a few weeks old. He grew up in a deathmatch heavy area, and started train at just 11 years old. He debuted at 15, and in the following years competed in the most hardcore matches in Japan. He has stated he wants to go to America and either learnn there sports entertainment style, or do his speciality over there.

I have more ti come! Stay tuned!

Name:Curtis Finn Jr.

Size: light heavyweight

Origin:America, White

Appearance/Comparison in real life: A shorter haired Seth Rollins

Style: (technician, brawler, hardcore, etc.)Technician

Finisher: Shark Finn Soup (Hells Gates)

Bio: Debuting at 18 years old in his home town of Green Bay, who would knew that Curtis Finn would be as succesful as he was? Easily one of the top workers in the US today, CJ Finn is not in his prime, but still puts on shows well he is usually booked in main events. Rumors are, his twin sons Slade and Cody are to debut next year when they turn 18

(I will add Slade and Cody soon along with the others :D)

Name:Akira Copyyama

Size: lightweight

Origin:America, White

Appearance/Comparison in real life: He looks like a real life version of Goku from Dragonball

Style: (technician, brawler, hardcore, etc.)Regular

Finisher: Dragonbomb (moonsault)

Bio: By no means a great wrestler, Akira Copyyama is funny and popular enouh to be used by any company as a jobber or lower midcarder. He has a unqiue gimmick, as he frequently comes out, dressed as different anime characters. This has made him popular worldwide, and he has even attended different anime conventions, dressed as these characters!

Name: Saunder Wern

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Eddie Edwards

Finisher: Shining Wizard

Bio: Saunder Wern has together with his brother Philip been a main stay in the indy wrestling scene for many years as "The Coyotes", winning many tag titles in multiple companies along the way. Both are great in the ring, as well as having decent mic skills. Saunder came up with the name "The Coyotes" for the two brothers after being captivated with some coyotes at the zoo when the two were small, and the name stuck. Both of them are currently fighting in the biggest indie company in the world, EGO, where they both strive as probably the best tag team there. The brothers are now both looking for the possibility to go for a solo run.

Name: Philip Wern

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Davey Richards

Finisher: Flying Coyote (Diving Headbutt)

Bio: Philip Wern has together with his brother Saunder been a main stay in the indy wrestling scene for many years as "The Coyotes", winning many tag titles in multiple companies along the way. Both are great in the ring, as well as decent on the mic. Always being the smarter brother of the two, Philip is the tactician in their matches, coming up with the game plan the brothers stick with. Both of them are currently fighting in the biggest indie company in the world, EGO, where they both strive as probably the best tag team there. The brothers are now both looking for the possibility to go for a solo run.

(Note: This has been updated to make "The Franchise" a more exciting guy)

Name: Stan "The Franchise" Nowell

Size: Heavyweight

Appearance/Comparison in real life: A paler young Hulk Hogan with a short haircut

Style: Entertainer

Finisher: Franchise Brainbuster (brainbuster unto the turnbuckle)

Bio: Dubbed "The Franchise of CWFC", Stan Nowell is one of the main reasons that CWFC has caught fire as of late. A born fan favourite, Nowell is great at capturing the attention of the fans with his riveting promos and charisma. He started his wrestling career on the internet doing videos of backyard wrestling with some of his friends, the young Nowell caught the attention of CWFC in one of their videos where both he and his friend did a promo each explaining why they would win their upcoming match. CWFC saw the video and called up the then 15 year old Nowell and asked if he wanted a tryout, he almost immediatly said yes as he always wanted to become a wrestler.

At the tryout Nowell surprised the staff with his impressing in ring skills, as they only expected him to be good at speaking. It didn't take many years after the tryout before he got pushed to the main event scene, winning the world title at an impressing age of 20(!). He has since pretty much been the main attraction in the company, and he has shown great loyalty to CWFC, never going to the two biggest promotions in america, AOW and GCW. It seems that this choice may have paid of, as he now headlines the recent rise of CWCF. He is maybe the greatest entertainer, wrestler and champion Canada has ever seen, and he is planning to keep it that way for many years to come.

Name: Slade Finn

Size: Lightweight

Origin: United States, white

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Will Osprey

Style: Spot Monkey

Finisher: Headspin (corkscrew payley kick)

Tag Finisher: Finn The Herd

Bio: One of Curtis Finn Jr's twin sons, Slade and his brother Cody have recently started up there wrestling career. Slade was a gymnast back in his younger years, and such implants high spots into his move set

Name: Cody Finn

Origin: United States, White

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Will Osprey

Finisher: Shark Finn Soup (hells gate)

Bio: Debuting with his twin, Slade, the younger twin Cody follows a style of wrestling more akin to his fathers. Cody is the tempermental twin, having been kicked out of most of his schools in his life, and barely avoiding juvi!

Thank you all so much for contributing! I am extremely pleased to have gotten all these responses. To answer some questions:

Yes, I am planning on making Japanese promotions. I'm actually a huge puro mark; I had just wanted to gauge the interest the forum would have before expanding from North America. Below are my plans for promotions in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Grand Style Puroresu: The premiere promotion in Japan, and the third biggest promotion in the world. Based off of NJPW, GSP markets intense new-age puro while boasting a legendary junior heavyweight division. GSP has also capitalized on gaijin talent, pushing many as obnoxious heels, yet allowing many to make a name for themselves as elite athletes.

World Mountain Wrestling: This is admittedly an awful name, but Japanglish rules so I had to do it. WMW is about climbing the wrestling mountain in order to prove your worth. WMW is more of a traditional promotion with a greater focus on hard hitting heavyweights, and doesn't have quite as strong of a reputation as it used to.

BUSHIDO FC: BUSHIDO is a junior based promotion that is gaining more traction, with it's blend of strong style and lucha creating an exciting in-ring product. There are also many colorful characters who capture the younger audience well.

Blood Sport Fighting: BSF is your normal Japanese death match fed, with a well known Japanese action star as owner to keep it financially stable. Notable for it's exposure in the US during a late 90's alliance with the now defunct Hardcore Wrestling Association, BSF now has a talent-sharing agreement with the US based Riot Act Wrestling.

I am willing to create some European promotions, but I know next to nothing about European wrestling besides a vague recollection of British legends and the new wave of English wrestlers who have come to America. Therefore, I might need some creative influence from you guys.

I have created some characters to originate the universe, and hopefully they give you a better look at the GloryVerse. I will reveal more as we go on, but for now, meet the man who the database is named after. (Warning: This is a long biography, which won't happen again, but I felt it sufficed for the Verse's most important character.)

Name: Mike Glory

Origin: American

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Almost Charlie Haas like look, albeit much more talented

Style: Regular wrestler, as he is a great technician, yet can brawl with the best of them

Finisher: Glorifier (Half Nelson Backbreaker); Contortion (Liontamer)

Bio: Mike Glory is one of the biggest names in wrestling, known as the best heel of his generation, quite possibly of all time.

Glory rose through the indies until catching a break with GCW, where he evolved into a main event player who never quite achieved his goal of becoming world champion, mostly due to backstage politics. After the death of GCW owner Patrick Murdstone in 2004, Glory fell out of favor with the new owner, Murdstone's son Victor, who installed Glory's enemy (in the ring and backstage) Anthony Michaels as booker.

This was the final straw for Glory, who decided to cut the most notorious shoot promo in the history of wrestling live on GCW's Global Warning television show. In it, he criticized the direction of the pro wrestling business, calling it a "dying art." He then proceeded to go off script, referring to Victor Murdstone as a "silver spoon ****sucker" and Anthony Michaels as a "roid-raging, braindead c**t." Glory's mic was cut immediately, with Glory screaming profanities as the show cut to a break.

Glory was fired as soon as he entered the back, which was part of his plan. Glory became the hottest name in wrestling overnight, instantly using his lifelong friendship with media mogul Eddie Morgan to kickstart his own promotion, the Art of Wrestling. With booking help from recent GCW release (and Glory's best friend) Corey Payne, the Art of Wrestling made an impact on the wrestling scene at once.

With realistic action and characters, AOW battled for supremacy with GCW, finally becoming number one after a heel Glory (kayfabe) took full control of the company, causing a cavalcade of babyfaces to battle Glory and his stable, The Apex.

Eventually, The Apex imploded, with Glory protege Cody Cash undergoing an organic face turn that made him the face of the company. Cash turned on the stable and retired Glory in the main event of AOW's biggest show, Date With Destiny. Glory took time off to run the company from behind the scenes and to spend time with his wife, women's wrestling legend Katie Anderson.

Recently, Glory made his return to AOW TV, and is rumored to be on a reduced in-ring schedule from here on out.

Name: Naomi Nishimura

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Shinsuke Nakamura-looks, not as good entertaining skills

Style: Puroresu

Finisher: Dragon Tail Elbow Drop (moonsault into elbow drop)

Bio: One of the greatest puroresu wrestlers in the history of japenese wrestling, Nishimura sadly doesn't have the charisma that other japenese wrestlers have, but he makes up for it with the plethora of five star matches in his career. His finisher, the Dragon Tail Elbow Drop, makes the fans root for Nishimura throughout his matches, sometimes for the sheer fact that they want to witness his great finisher. Nishimura has in recent years had the privilege to tutoring a great young wrestler in Yoshirou Kurosawa, and Nishimura has gotten praise for how greatly he has transfered his skills into Kurosawa.

Name: Tony Ciarelli

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Santino Marella, through and through

Style: Regular wrestler

Finisher: The Anaconda Headlock (camel clutch), Stunned Ya! (Stunner)

Bio: A character not meant to be taken seriously, Tony Ciarelli is a nice comedic brake from the serious sides of wrestling. Often doing pranks on his fellow workers, both off screen and on screen. Ciarelli is a fan favourite because he always brings out a smile in anyone. Tony is the real life boyfriend of Jakki Caldwell.

Name: Jakki Caldwell

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Sasha Banks

Finisher: Jakki Stretch (plum stretch)

Bio: One of the most technically gifted womens wrestlers around, Jacquline "Jakki" Caldwell is known for putting on great matches with just about anyone. Now with womens wrestling expanding and being liked in more mainstream media, Jakki is looking to become one of the greatest wrestlers devote of gender in the world. Jakki is the real life girlfriend of Tony Ciarelli. A big part of GCW's future, Caldwell is one of the headliners of the reborn Vixen's Division.

Name: Ethan 'Nex' Vancon

Size: Light Heavyweight

Origin: United States, White

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Fergal Devitt

Finisher: "The Next Generation" Fireman's Carry Cutter

Bio: After being in the wrestling industry for over 10 years, Ethan is ready to take his career to the next step. With his background in Brazilian Jui-Jitsu and Judo, his technical ability is one of the greatest in the world.

If you want a suggestion, I would move Gold Standard Grappling from California to the British Isles. Here's a description.

Gold Standard Grappling - A throwback to the golden age of British wrestling, this promotion features grappling clinics and realistic matches.

Name: Kelly Thompson

Size: lightweight

Appearance/Comparison in real life: A real life version of Madame Hydra

Style: Luchador

Finisher: Thompson Tornado (hurracarana)

Bio: A top level wrestler, and one of the best femle wrestlers in the world; Thompson has competed in England, Japan, Europe, and is the only women in the AOW to have been a number one contender at some point. Looks wise, she is OK, but her moves are prettier then anything.

Name: Bentley Miles

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Dean Ambrose

Finisher: lifting DDT

Bio: At 4,10, Bentley is one of the smallest workers in the world! He met Kamui Naegi by chance, last year who taught him his secrets of wrestling. Now redebuting as a hardcore wrestler, Bentley may have found his style of wrestling...maybe.

Name: Yoshirou Kurosawa

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Kota Ibushi

Style: Japanese Junior

Finisher: Fujiwara Armbar, Landslide (samoan driver)

Bio: The real life protegé of Naomi Nishimura, Yoshirou Kurosawa is a promising japanese junior that may become something greater in a few years. Often critiqued for having a similar style of that of his mentor, others combat with saying that this is giving Yoshirou little credit. An obviously great talent of his own, Yoshirou wants to prove to the public eye that he is better than just the protegé of Nishimura.

Name: Piotr Danielov

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Short and not very muscular, bald and a smaller Luke Harper in character with a scar on his chin

Style: Hardcore wrestler

Finisher: Curb Stomp unto a chair

Bio: Not the most good looking man in the world, Piotr Danielov is a hardcore wrestler by heart, and he always keeps an unsettling smile on the sly. He isn't good in the ring yet other wrestlers fear to fight him just because of how he looks. He always enjoys travelling alone to events, and his co-workers would like to keep it that way because of the fact that it almost seems like he controls you, even though he most likely doesn't.

Name: Full Force

Origin: Mexico, hispanic

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Chessman

Style: Entertainer

Finisher: The Dark Force (spear)

Bio: Wearing his own "blood" (actually crimson facepaint) to the ring, Full Force is a great monster heel, with lots of menace. Originally from a long line of luchadors, Full Force (real name Jesus Joel Yuan Hernandez) was disowened from his family after he took drugs. He claims to be clean now, but his family still want nohing to do with him.

Archived