GloryVerse Mod - Submissions

Thanks for the submissions, especially Morti and Quincy. You all rock!

If you want a suggestion, I would move Gold Standard Grappling from California to the British Isles. Here's a description.

Gold Standard Grappling - A throwback to the golden age of British wrestling, this promotion features grappling clinics and realistic matches.

I love this idea, so I'm going to go ahead with it and make it a promotion. Thank you so much for your input.

I'm curious about the Murdstones bios.

Ask and you shall receive.

Patrick Murdstone, known otherwise as the "Godfather of Sports Entertainment," started out in the business as a referee for his father Robert's promotion, Great Lakes Championship Wrestling. GLCW was a part of the World Wrestling Syndicate, the governing body of the wrestling territories at the time. But Patrick had bolder ideas, wanting to go against the grain of regional promoting and expand into other markets. In 1978, Robert retired, and handed the reigns of GLCW down to Patrick.

Patrick Murdstone continued with the entertainment focus of GLCW, but turned the knob up more, renaming the promotion Global Championship Wrestling in 1979. Expanding into the cable television realm and promoting shows all around the globe upon the back of rising superstar Sterling Spade, GCW rose to the top promotion in the world, ultimately destroying the World Wrestling Syndicate. In 1985, Murdstone came up with his greatest invention, Pantheon, the first pay per view event in wrestling history. This launched GCW into the stratosphere, with Pantheon being known as GCW's top yearly event and probably the most prestigious event in wrestling today.

In 1992, GCW's run on top was halted when Murdstone was seriously injured in a car accident. Sterling Spade took over the company in his absence, and nearly ran it into the ground with repetitive booking and cartoonish characters. Murdstone was able to recover from his injuries and take the company back in 1995 after a nasty split with Spade, but the company had fallen to second behind the Ultimate Wrestling Federation, with the Hardcore Wrestling Association taking a close #3 spot. Thus, the "Battle for Supremacy" began.

Murdstone dug in, and poured all of his time into the promotion, eventually crafting it into an edgy, boundary pushing product with a variety of different wrestling styles. Slowly, GCW pushed back, overtaking their two rivals and eventually putting them out of business by the end of 2002. Murdstone was able to buy the rights of both UWF and HWA to create an invasion storyline with the wrestlers from both promotions. Patrick had been grooming his son Victor to take his place, but balked at Victor's vengeful idea for the GCW stars to squash the invasion quickly. Taking full control of the storyline, Patrick made the invaders a legitimate force and crafted an intricate storyline that culminated in the unification of the three world titles of each promotion at Pantheon XX in 2004. Not long after this monumental show, Patrick Murdstone passed away in his sleep at age 54. The Murdstone Cup was created in honor of him, which is renowned as one of the top prizes in wrestling.

With the death of the respected Patrick Murdstone, his son, Victor, took over GCW. As Patrick was universally respected by all, Victor Murdstone was not. Known as a daddy's boy who was even more conservative than his old man, Murdstone immediately installed personal friend Anthony Michaels as head booker. Michaels was widely disliked, causing low backstage morale and the departure of many young, talented members of the roster to Mike Glory's Art of Wrestling and various indies. Integrating his own wife, Melissa, into the promotion as a backstage interviewer didn't win him any fans either. GCW has fallen into a slump with the family friendly product Murdstone and Michaels are pushing.

However, the tide may be turning. The introduction of a women's and cruiserweight division added much excitement, along with refocusing on the tag division. The newest top storyline, the heel stable of the Triumvirate, with Anthony Michaels, Great Gonzalez, and Ivan Kirilenko, has angered some fans due to it reeking of AOW's Apex storyline. Nevertheless, Murdstone and Michaels are going through with it, and its results will be up to the fans to decide.

*Sidenote - If anyone has ideas for Mexican promotion names, it would be much appreciated!

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, looks like an interesting world your working on. One question: What are your plans regarding Women's Wrestling in this new world?

I was never big on Fantasy mods, until I discovered the ThunderVerse, one of the main things that got me invested in TVERSE was the amount of Female talent in the game...including "American Women's Wrestling", a very SHIMMER-esque promotion.

Do you have any plans for Female Based Promotions?

Hey, looks like an interesting world your working on. One question: What are your plans regarding Women's Wrestling in this new world?

I was never big on Fantasy mods, until I discovered the ThunderVerse, one of the main things that got me invested in TVERSE was the amount of Female talent in the game...including "American Women's Wrestling", a very SHIMMER-esque promotion.

Do you have any plans for Female Based Promotions?

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to creating this database. When it comes to women's wrestling, I am planning on having a women's division being an integral part of AOW, based on the influence of Mike Glory's wife, Katie Anderson. GCW also has a women's division with talented workers, but is a bit more T&A driven.

One of the biggest parts of this database is the interaction with the forum. So I am perfectly willing to develop some women's promotions, with different focuses in each. I just have to come up with some good promotion names lol

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to creating this database. When it comes to women's wrestling, I am planning on having a women's division being an integral part of AOW, based on the influence of Mike Glory's wife, Katie Anderson. GCW also has a women's division with talented workers, but is a bit more T&A driven.

One of the biggest parts of this database is the interaction with the forum. So I am perfectly willing to develop some women's promotions, with different focuses in each. I just have to come up with some good promotion names lol

I have two women's promotions I always use. Ladies of Australian Wrestling, and Federacion Femenil de Lucha Libre.

No prob Cro! Looks like a real interesting mod you have! I still have a few workers I can add. I have also decided to suggest a few comoanies for you!

Joshi Puro Wrestling - JPW is Japan's premier joshi federation, focusing entirely on women and joshi style wrestling.

24/7 Wrestling - an MTV style company that has more angles the matches.

Extreme Lucha Libre - a lucha deathmatch promotion, obscuring the line of mexican tradition.

Name: BURN Naegi

Size: Lightweight

Origin: Japan, Asian

Appearance/Comparison in real life: COMBAT Toyota

Style: Puroresu/japanese junior

Finisher: Reverse Tombstone Piledriver

Bio: The mother of upcoming deathmatch star Kamui Naegi, "BURN" Taeko Naegi is a joshi legend, who made the boom in the 80s for joshi wrestling. She retired in 92 to look after her son Kamui, when her husband left her. She came back into action in 2010 as a freelance, but she only sporadically works due to ongoing back problems.

Name: Nikolaj Chronchenkov

Size: Big Heavyweight

Origin: Serbia, white

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Big Daddy

Style: Psychopath

Finisher: Top Rope Splash

Bio: This Serbian, 500ibs, 6'5 monster is covered head to toe in scars. This is because he puts on 5-star deathmatches each and every time. His infamous Lightube Shrine deathmatch with Hiroshi Kenta gave him a huge scar going from his chest to his leg, and a recent match with Kamui Naegi made him blind in one eye. After an operation, he can now see, and shows no signs of slowing down...unless Kamui can speed up and become the number one deathmatch star!

Name: Mack Savidge

Size: Middleweight

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Chris Benoit, without the personal problems

Style: Technician

Finisher: Sharpshooter, Crossface Chickenwing, Gory Bomb

Bio: A personification of pure technical brilliance, Mack Savidge wows the crowds with his plethora of magnficent submissions. Not good on the mic and without the star quality that other wrestlers possess it is clear that Savidge never will become the main guy, but he will always be a great backbone of any roster. He has pursued the main title of CWCF one time, which culminated in one of the all time greatest matches in wrestling against Stan "The Franchise" Nowell, which ended in a loss for Savidge. Since the loss, the push CWFC have done with Savidge is back and forth from pursuing (and some times acquiring) the midcard title, to beating midcarders then losing to main eventers (although never Nowell, as they haven't met since the title match). With all the friends he has gathered over the years, Savidge is also considered a locker room leader.

Name: Jayson Devine

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Nick Jackson

Style: Spot monkey

Finisher: Devine Splash (450 splash)

Tag Team Finisher: Devines' Link (Oklahoma slam into 450 splash)

Bio: A member of the tag-team famed family, the Devines, Jayson has together with his twin brother Corey been an athletic, young and promising tag team for the earliest years of boths young careers. Jayson is the more high flying of the brothers, and according to himself the more good looking aswell.

Name: Corey Devine

Size: Light Heavyweight

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Matt Jackson

Finisher: Devine Slam (Oklahoma Slam)

Tag Finisher: Devines' Link (Oklahoma Slam into 450 Splash)

Bio: A member of the tag-team famed family, the Devines, Corey has together with his twin brother Jayson been an athletic, young and promising tag team for the earliest years of boths young careers. Jayson is the better technical wrestler of the two, and claims that he is smarter than his brother.

Name: Chelsea Devine

Size: Small

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Becky Lynch

Style: Regular Wrestler

Finisher: Devine Cutter (DDP Cutter), You're Broke! (seated fujiwara armbar)

Bio: A member of the famed tag-team family, the Devines, Chelsea is the only one in the family that has had success individualy, having won some singles titles already in her career. She needs some work both at cutting promos and in the ring. Chelsea has not reached her full potential yet, but when she does it seems her matches will be a must watch for anyone who's interested in wrestling. Currently one of the women that are revolutionizing the Vixen's Division, Chelsea is making her dad proud.

Name: Berry Devine

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Mike Rotundo (when he was in the U.S express)

Style: Brawler

Finisher: Devine Cutter (DDP Cutter)

Bio: A founding member of the tag team family, the Devines, Berry is the uncle of Corey and Jayson, and father of Chelsea. He together with his brother Barry, known as the Devine Express, were an amazing tag team 20 years ago, having won some titles along the way. Berry has always been the brawler in the family, trusting his ferocity and strikes to win matches.

Name: Barry Devine

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Barry Windham (when in U.S Express)

Finisher: Devine Driver (Rikishi Driver)

Bio: A founding member of the tag team family, the Devines, Barry together with his brother Berry a famed tag team, named Devine Express, 20 years ago. Barry is the father of the current Devine tag team, Jayson and Corey, he's also the uncle of the singles wrestler, Chelsea Devine. Barry is the most down to earth member of the Devine family, and therefore having the most connection with the fans. Having a lot of cult fans, Barry is the most recognised of the family.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t652/Valbuena/IVAN_zpsd6zapmcz.png

Name: Ivan Vasilyev

Origin: Dagestan, Russia

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Axel Tischer

Finisher: Rear Naked Choke

Bio: A highly touted Sambo prospect from Dagestan, who made the transition to professional wrestling a year ago after running out of competition in Combat tournaments. Ivan Vasilyev is known as an ice cold warrior once he steps into the squared circle, sometimes forgetting that wrestling is supposed to be entertaining and scripted.

Name:Lester Royale

Appearance/Comparison in real life:Bret Hart

Style:brawler

Finisher: Iron Cla

Bio: The patriach of the Royale family; Lester was a brilliant worker back in the day; his

thuggis nature made him a natural heel. Before the boom of sorts etertainmet, Lester was arguarbly the pioneer of the hee turn, beein fae one minute, heel the next.

Name: Colin Royale

Appearance/Comparison in real life:Randy Orton

Finisher:Royal Blood (lariat)

Bio:"The Gajin" Colin Royle has lived in Japan for 15 years with his family, using his father's name as a basis to go gaijin mode in all the major promotions there. His eldest son, Lucas at 11 years old is following his fathers footsteps and training in wrestling.

Name:Mercedes Royale

Size: Small

Appearance/Comparison in real life:Jennifer Metcalfe

Style:Entertainer

Finisher:Ass Shaker (turnbuckle ass attack)

Bio:The black sheep of the family. Mercedes turned down her father's training to strip dance. She later found out she could make more money wrestling, and so got a sexy outfit on and wresteled...badly. She is in a family fued with her brother Cary.

Name:Cary Royale

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Dominick Cruz

Style: Spot Monke

Finisher: Cary On (rolling DDT)

Bio:The youngest Royale family member, Cary also happens to be openly gay, a fact that has put him in a fued with Mercedes for years. Despite this, he is Lester's favourite child, and is gifted a lot in life.

Name:Lucas Royale

Size:Middleweight

Appearance/Comparison in real life:Evan Bourne

Finisher:Lucas Leg Drop

Bio: Lucas Shinji Royale is the son of Colin Royale and a Japanese mangaka. Debuting at the age of 18 , Lucas has made him self avalible in both Japan and USA. Everybody thought Lucas would fail at wrestling due to his autism, but Lucas proved them wrong and is a good wrestler in his own rite. He is oe of 4 sibling.

Thank you for the continued submissions! I'm extremely pleased by the turnout. :D I've been swamped the past few days but I wanted to post bios of a few of the bigger names in the GloryVerse. I'll do one for now but I'll edit more in later.

Name: Corey Payne

Origin: United States

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Looks a bit like Frank Mir but with short, close cropped hair.

Style: Regular wrestler

Finisher: Paynekiller (Katahajime Choke); Prophecy (Fireman's Carry into a neck breaker over the knee)

Bio: Corey Payne is one of the founding fathers of the Art Of Wrestling, and is well known as one of the greatest booking minds in wrestling. Originally bursting onto the scene as Payne, a face painted badass whose alliance with the equally imposing Brute formed the tag team of the Wrecking Machines. The team were granted a run with the GCW tag team titles, but were eventually cut after the death of Patrick Murdstone, deemed as "charisma black holes" by Victor Murdstone. They were also disliked, especially Payne, due to their close relationship with Mike Glory.

When Glory was fired from GCW, he immediately went to Payne, knowing that his knowledge of the business was second to none. Payne was hired to AOW not just as a wrestler, but as a valuable part of the booking team, engineering successful storylines and even coming up with the Apex. Back to the wrestling, the Wrecking Machines got over like gangbusters, being a solid part of the tag division until 2007, when Payne turned heel on his partner. Brute became known as Brute Force, a badass hardcore brawler fairly similar to his previous character. But Payne had a different idea, rechristening himself as "The Prophet" Corey Payne, a wannabe white rapper whose raps were designed to be awful and get booed. At first, they were, but as the gimmick evolved, his raps got better, and he began to gain a cult following. Eventually, Payne was forced by the fans to turn face, shooting him up the card.

Against Payne's own wishes, as he did not want to seem like he was politicking his way to the main event, Payne was pushed as a babyface nemesis of the Apex. In 2010, Payne won the annual Golden Opportunity tournament, earning himself a world title shot against Mike Glory at AOW's biggest event to date, Date With Destiny V. In an absolute classic, Payne defeated his real life friend to win his first world title.

After a six month reign on top, Payne lost the title back to the Apex, but his reign will be fondly remembered. Payne continued to feud with the stable and other heels until suffering a knee injury in 2013. This led to him relinquishing his spot as booking genius to play by play announcer Cameron Stevens. Payne has since returned, teaming with fellow aging star Joey Dynamite to form Slow Burn, a super over tag team that will keep both men healthy and relevant for years to come.

Name: Rafe Ayton

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Marcus Cor Von, with more talent

Finisher: The Quarterback Sack (Spear)

Bio: Six years ago, the young african american Rafe Ayton suffered a knee injury that would end his young and promising NFL(or we can make up a fictional league) career as a wide reciever. But Ayton didn't take this to heart, he saw it as an oppurtunity to become what he actually wanted to be from a young age, a wrestler. Ayton then quickly started to work on his wrestling skills, and after being seen at a house show by a scout from EGO he quickly got picked up by them because of his raw talent as a brawler. He has been with the promotion ever since and has put on a lot of good matches, so much so that a bigger company may look to pick him up soon.

Name: KITA

Appearance/Comparison in real life: A younger Kushida

Style: Japanese Junior

Finisher: Leap Of Faith (Corkscrew Moonsault)

Bio: KITA is perhaps the most exciting young junior, a man with everything in his arsenal: leaps, kicks and grapples. Having been in BUSHIDO ever since he debuted, KITA have watched and helped them grow to what they are today. A trait of his entrance, is that he always has headphones on his head before entering the ring, something that the young BUSHIDO crowd seem to enjoy. KITA is hopeful for the future growth of the company, stating that he believes it will one day be the top one in Japan! That remains to be seen, and so does KITA's career.

Name: Anthony Michaels

Appearance/Comparison in real life: A muscled up, older version of Ken Anderson.

Finisher: Acelock (Crippler Crossface); Ace In The Hole (Bloody Sunday)

Bio: "The Ace" Anthony Michaels is one of the most well known wrestlers in the world today, and happens to be one of the more intensely disliked men in the business.

A GCW lifer, Michaels was known as "Mr. Electric" as he debuted in 1996. Michaels slowly got over as an obnoxious heel with a rockstar like mentality. A solid (at best) in ring worker, Michaels got over more with his charisma and "electric" promos. One of the reasons he succeeded as a heel was because it matched his real life personality. Michaels gained more of a push as he befriended Victor Murdstone, but didn't become a main event player until dubbing himself "The Ace" of GCW.

Michaels won his first GCW World Title in 2000, after which his ego got even more out of control, as did his physique, causing rumors of steroid abuse to circulate. This did not affect his status, however, as Michaels became one of the top players during the Invasion storyline, turning face for the first time in his career while serving as a defender of GCW. Michaels participated in the Steel Warfare (WarGames) match at Global Warfare 2003 as part of Team GCW, where he was part of the winning team that defeated the invasion. He then moved into a feud with up and coming heel Mike Glory, which gained a lot of steam due to the genuine animosity between the two men. The feud culminated at Pantheon XX, when Michaels defeated Glory in a very stiff encounter.

After the death of Patrick Murdstone, Michaels' good friend and heir to the GCW throne, Victor Murdstone, promoted "The Ace" to head booker. Michaels and Murdstone proceeded to fire those whom they didn't care for or who had picked the wrong political alliance. This led to the notorious shoot by Mike Glory and the formation of the Art of Wrestling. Michaels' cartoonish booking and focus on himself and his buddies left a bad taste in the mouths of many wrestling fans. The megapush of men such as Slam Wilson caused the fans to rebel, leading to the resigning of Michaels as head booker in 2009. However, the tenure of color commentator Joe Fusion was even worse, causing Michaels to return to the head booker position in 2011. This go-around was much improved from the first time, with a greater emphasis being placed on the tag, women's, and cruiserweight divisions.

In the ring, Michaels continued to be near the top of the company, having a successful heel run starting in 2006, which caused Michaels to end his blood feud with top face David Rios in a retirement match at Pantheon 23, retiring Rios and sending him to Hollywood. Michaels hung around the top of the card and turning face again in 2011 due to multiple ambushes from mega heel Wicked Smile. Continuing his face run, Michaels continued to book himself in the main event until slowing from injuries, missing most of 2013 due to a torn bicep. Returning as the guest enforcer for the main event of Pantheon XXX, Michaels turned heel yet again, costing Curtis Steele the world title against Great Gonzalez. With this turn, Gonzalez and Michaels, alongside Ivan Kirilenko, formed the Triumvirate, a power hungry stable that reminds many of AOW's Apex. The stable has had moderate success, with the 6 time world champ Michaels taking the other two men under his wing. But the jury is still out, as many fans are ambivalent about the angle, much like the ambivalence that has followed Michaels' booking career.

Name: Great Gonzalez

Origin: Puerto Rico

Appearance/Comparison in real life: A taller, bigger version of Sonny Saki.

Style: Entertainer

Finisher: Brush With Greatness (Headlock Driver)

Bio: Starting out in New York City Combat, Jose Gonzalez is an average in ring worker who happens to be one of the most charismatic workers to have ever graced pro wrestling. With a great look, along with a tremendous grasp of in ring psychology, Gonzalez caught the eye of GCW talent scouts. Gonzalez quickly shot up the card as a partying, ladies man, Latino mobster. After many mid card title reigns, Gonzalez broke out in 2014, winning the 35 man Wrestleroyal to become the number one contender to Curtis Steele's GCW Triple Crown Title. Gonzalez hired Russian powerhouse Ivan Kirilenko as his enforcer, and at Pantheon XXX, won the GCW Triple Crown Title with the help of Kirilenko and Anthony Michaels. The three heels formed the Triumvirate, and have since dominated the main event scene. Gonzalez's title reign has continued into 2015. Recently, Gonzalez has been getting more fan support, causing many to wonder if a face turn is in the works.

Name: Ivan Kirilenko

Size: Heavyweight

Origin: Russia

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Bill Goldberg

Finisher: Burning Hammer, Russian Sickle (Short Arm Power Clothesline)

Bio: Ivan Kirilenko is a Russian born weightlifter and Sambo practitioner who gained popularity on the European wrestling circuit, allowing him to sign with WMW in Japan, where he became a WMW King Of The Universal Mountain (WMW's heavyweight title) for nearly two years. At the end of 2013, Kirilenko signed a huge contract with GCW, who barely outbid AOW and CWFC for his services. Kirilenko has not been pinned or submitted since his debut, and serves as the enforcer for the Triumvirate.

Name: Slam Wilson

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Larger, more muscular Brian Stann

Finisher: All American Slam (Michinoku Driver); Filibuster (Rings of Saturn)

Bio: Matthew Wilson is an Iraqi War veteran, who after returning to the states from combat, decided to pursue his dream of becoming a pro wrestler. With his great physique, background, and natural charisma, GCW immediately signed him. He debuted as Slam Wilson, a flag waving patriot who gained a lot of overness in the crowd despite being very green in the ring. Anthony Michaels saw dollar signs and pushed him to win the GCW Triple Crown Title before his second year in the business. Unfortunately for Slam, his in ring ability was not up to par, and being pushed as the next Sterling Spade or David Rios did not do him any favors, and the crowd turned on him. Wilson was depushed, but regained momentum by forming a tag team with fan favorite Flash Gordon. After Michaels returned as head booker in 2011, Slam was pushed to the top again, and was ready for it this time, with his in ring skills vastly improved. Slam is still one of the top babyfaces in GCW, and lately has decided to battle the Triumvirate, Ivan Kirilenko in particular. Slam is still resented by many fans, but has gained a lot of respect throughout his career.

Name: Curtis Steele

Appearance/Comparison in real life: A new age Bad News Brown

Finisher: Wrecking Ball (Spear in which Steele flips with it); Steele Trap (Dragon Sleeper with body scissors)

Bio: Growing up in the Harlem ghetto, Curtis McGahee was forced to fight for his life on a daily basis. Joining a gang at age 12, Curtis patrolled the streets until being sent to a reformatory school at age 16. In this school, one of his teachers introduced him to pro wrestling, and Curtis fell in love immediately. He turned his life around, and once he left the school, he enrolled in pro wrestling training. Curtis instantly became a star under his real name in New York City Combat as a badass street fighting face, before playing a similar role as a heel in the Lone Star Wrestling League.

In 2009, he was signed by Global Championship Wrestling, and was put under a mask by then booker Joe Fusion as Echo. The gimmick didn't get very over, causing Curtis to be sent down to GCW's developmental promotion, Great Lakes Grappling. There, he was revamped as a badass street fighter yet again, named "The Juggernaut" Curtis Steele. He eventually became the top dog in GLG, and was called up with this gimmick in 2011. Steele became a multiple time mid card champion, winning the Murdstone Cup in 2012 to cement himself as a main eventer. This led to Steele winning the GCW Triple Crown Title at Wrestleroyal 2013, which he subsequently held for over a year. Steele's reign was one of the most successful in recent history, with fans really getting into it. Steele was kept strong in losing the title at Pantheon XXX to Great Gonzalez, but then lost to all three Triumvirate members in singles matches, harming his momentum. However, Steele captivated the fans yet again in a feud with Wicked Smile, who put Steele on the shelf for a few months following a package piledriver onto the concrete. Steele filmed a movie in the meantime, and made his return at the end of 2014, costing Wicked Smile a match at the Murdstone Cup.

Also, I have added a few promotions to the list at the beginning. I will credit those who came up with the ideas for them.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t652/Valbuena/1_zpsxzigbnwy.png

Name: Jonny Sage

Origin: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Samuel Shaw, Gut Check Look ('10-'13)

Style: Spot Monkey

Finisher: 450 Splash

Bio: Jonny Sage started his wrestling career at the age of 16, when he and his friends started their own backyard promotion. Sage is known for his fast pace and highly entertaining spots.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t652/Valbuena/3_zpsy6d4eyi1.png

Name: "Irish" Joe Deeley

Origin: Cork, Ireland

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Buddy Murphy

Finisher: Spike Piledriver

Bio: At the age of 29, Joe Deeley has already become a true veteran of the irish indy scene. This old-school Brawler has a very rough and stiff in-ring style, that probably has kept him away from the bigger promotions so far.

Name: Teddy McManus

Appearance/Comparison in real life: 2003-2008 Brian Kendrick

Style: Cruiserweight

Finisher: Double flip top turnbuckle stomp

Bio: Having wrestled in his older brother's backyard fed since he was 11, Teddy has no formal wrestling training but has created his own unique fighting style utilizing his high level gymnastic skills. Oddly enough, it works, and if his unique style of wrestling does not earn him a contract, his promo cutting has always been sharper then a katana.

Name: Buster McManus

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Rick Story

Finisher: Frontflip springboard curbstomp (called "Buster Bang")

Bio: Buster has been wrestling since an early teen at 13 years old, watching the high flying moves of cruserweight wrestlers caused him to take up gymnastics at his leisure centre for free,since wrestling costs. Both he and his brother Teddy competed in there backyard fed, until they were both signed at an indie company as a tag team. Busta-Bear has been a hit on the indy scene ever since.

Name: Séamus Ormond

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Sheamus with darker and less spiky hair

Finisher: Irish Curse Backbreaker, Luck o' the Irish (Splash from the top rope)

Bio: The irishman Séamus Ormond is known for his vicious style in the ring, his opponents are often left with bruises after their matches. But he has been proclaimed to be a really nice guy backstage by his peers, and is often known to pay for others' drinks at the bar. He is loved in the indies for his hard-hitting style, and because of this he has gotten some attention in more mainstream media, will he be picked up by a bigger company soon? That remains to be seen. Currently situated in HBL, he is basically carrying the company on his back, as he is really the only "star" in the fed.

Name: Lewis Lomax

Origin: American

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Adam Cole

Finisher: Silence Of The Lambs (Eat Defeat)

Bio: Lewis Lomax has been a wrestling fan since he was a child, and along with his childhood friends Joey Workman and Bailey Croft, they started to train in wrestling at 13. When they turned 18, they hit the indy scene with a bang, with Lewis and Bailey being a tag team and Joey doing the stables single matches. The Supremecy could be the next big thing in stables if booked right.

Name: Bailey Croft

Appearance/Comparison in real life: 2006-2010 Zack Ryder

Style: Crusierwieght

Finisher: Moonsault

Bio: One third of The Supremecy along with Lewis Lomax and Joey Workman, Bailey used to take diving and gymnastics as hobbies before taking on wrestling at the age of 12. He does the tag team work with Lewis, whilst leaving the older Joey to do the single work. They could be the next best thing in stable wrestling if booked properly.

Name: Joey Workman

Appearance/Comparison in real life: 2013+ Edge

Finisher: Death By Knee (Codebreaker)

Bio: The oldest of The Supremecy by 3 months, Joey Workman has a tight bond with his friends Bailey Croft and Lewis Lomax, so much so that they are dubbed the next best thing in stable wrestling, and at only 24 years old the sky is the limit! It should also be noted that he used to date Kelly Thompson, before she realized how young he really was.

Name: Ivo Schmidt

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Cesaro

Finisher: Super germanplex (German suplex from top rope), Canadian Backbreaker

Bio: A suplex master, Ivo Schmidt always looks to hurt your back in the worst of ways. And in the closing of his matches he uses one of two moves, Canadian backbreaker to target his opponents weakened backs, or the Super Germanplex to inflict even more damage to the backs of his opponents. Debuting at a really young 14 years, the wretling world saw the germans potential early. Known for probably being the strongest wrestler for his weight, Ivo can man handle much bigger opponents than himself. He has for years now been around the european indie scene, and is currently situated in ITA.

Here's the characters I've sent to CroCop. Warning! Long Post!

Name: Francesco Mancini

Role: Auhtority Figure

Style: Never Wrestle

Finisher: Italian Wave (Olympic Slam)

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Bruno Sammartino

Bio: Known by wrestling fans as “The Hero of Three Worlds”, Francesco Mancini is one of the most beloved wrestlers worldwide. Playing a babyface for all of his career and relying on natural abilities, charisma and heavy storytelling, in the 80s he toured Europe, becoming one of the hottest stars of the continent. Next stop was Japan, where he was crowned GSP World Heavyweight Champion three times and recognized as one of the few foreigners really loved by Japanese fans. In 1995 Mancini moved to Global Championship Wrestling, winning four World title and resulting one of the key players in the “Battle For Supremacy”. He retired from active competition in 2002 and became the acting GCW Commissioner, during the invasion storyline. After the death of his longtime friend Patrick Murdstone, he left GCW in 2005, in silent disagreement to Victor’s ways, and returned to his native Rome. In August 2006 Mancini opened Intense Theatrical Action, as a platform for the next generation of wrestlers. With a product similar to the late 90s GCW, ITA is now the premier wrestling company in Europe. Mancini is also the mastermind behind the new Wrestling European Council alliance.

Name: Lorenzo Mancini

Role: Active Wrestler

Finisher: Italian Wave (Olympic Slam), Magic Fountain (Cattle Mutilation)

Appearance/Comparison in real life: David Sammartino, without steroids

Bio: Lorenzo Mancini is the best wrestler in Europe and current ITA head booker. Trained under the guidance of Marco Fontana, partly as a favor to his best friend Francesco, Lorenzo developed into the top prospect in the continent. “The Golden Son” became the ITA headliner and proved doubters wrong with smart booking decisions paired with exciting performances. His rivalries with Ousmane Laval, Thomas Romano and recently Takanori Harada made Mancini one of the best wrestlers in the world. While his father had a career traveling around the world, Lorenzo stated he chose to stay close to his wife Giulia, his family and focus on ITA growth. Using the same strengths as Francesco has used in his career, Lorenzo Mancini is ready to carry European wrestling to a new golden age.

Name: Giulia Ricci

Role: Manager

Finisher: None

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Stacy Keibler

Bio: The gorgeous Giulia Ricci is the 2009 Miss Italia winner and current Italian TV starlet. Her striking looks and the convincing acting performances gave her a lot of mainstream exposure. Ricci became known to the wrestling world when he married ITA head booker Lorenzo Mancini in 2010. This event gave leverage to Francesco Mancini to land regional TV and PPV deals. Despite these events, her debut was postponed to August 2012, due the arrival of the couple first baby boy. Playing the dame in distress saved by his husband, the pair is a well oiled machine. While many thought she is a selfish diva, Ricci is one of the most nicest and likable person you could ever met.

Name: Marco Fontana

Role: Road Agent

Finisher: Magic Fountain (Cattle Mutilation)

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Antonino Rocca

Bio: A native of the Italian Switzerland, Marco “The Magician” Fontana is known as a technical master. His best years where in Japan he teamed up with Francesco Mancini. The team known as “Eternals” won various GSP tag titles and as a singles competitor, Fontana won a GSP World Heavyweight title in 1997. Retired after a shoulder injury in 2000, the Swiss returned to Lugano to open his personal wrestling school called “Il Caveau”, where he trained Mancini’s son, Lorenzo. Asked by his best friend about joining ITA in 2006, Fontana immediately accepted the head booking and road agent jobs and moved his dojo to Rome. After two years he stepped down from the booking position to better concentrate on his trainees and his locker room leader role.

Name: Thomas Romano

Role: Active Wrestler

Finisher: Fall Of Rome (Unprettier)

Appearance/Comparison in real life: James Maritato

Bio: Thomas Romano is a Yonkers wrestler of Italian descents. Inspired by Francesco Mancini’s work, he played a blue collar babyface in small indy shows. His work got the attentions of Global Championship Wrestling, awarding him a contract in 2003. Mancini took him under his wing and Romano from unknown to a GCW loyalist during the invasion, propelling him into the midcard. His momentum was halted when Anthony Michaels took over as GCW head booker and Romano fell down in the pecking order. Directionless, he got granted his release in spring 2008. Instead of moving to Art Of Wrestling, he chose to join his mentor’s newest project. Romano played an arrogant heel for the first time and became an instant hit. Now one of the most ITA entertaining acts, his rivalry with Lorenzo Mancini is one of the longest feuds in the promotion history.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t652/Valbuena/2_zpst6f0j8zh.png

Name: "The Gladiator" Mannix; Real Name: Marcus Nixon

Origin: From USA; works in Japan

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Kriss Stark

Finisher: Pollice Verso (Running Lariat)

Bio: Marcus Nixon became a local star in Japan for his Gladiator gimmick "Mannix" as he walks out with his armor on and a silver sword in his hand, while screaming war chants on his way to the squared circle. Earlier in his wrestling career, Marcus Nixon couldn't quite get the attention on the american indy scene that he may expected for his gimmick, therefore he decided to settle over to Japan, where a good gimmick sometimes means more than just good in-ring skills. Mannix's charisma is by far his biggest strength.

Name: 'Astro Kid' Seve Zalleros

Origin: From USA, works anywhere

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Asafa Powell (Jamacian Sprinter, not a wrassler), with a gimmick similar to Kurt Angle (2000-2001 era)

Finisher: Dashing Dropkick (Running Dropsault)

Bio: Olympic Sprinter Seve Zalleros is a suprising addition to the world of wrestling. The sprinter won gold at the 2012 London Olympics 200m dash, and almost suddenly trained for pro wrestling. Utilizing his rapid speed and his near endless stamina to create a new, unique offense, he is already a high prospect. Debuting in [current month] of [current year], he is probably the hottest free agent of [current year], a fact several top promotions are looking to exploit.

Archived