Is there a pro football sim coming?

I know I made this topic awhile back and someone said they were working on it, but is it still in development? I would be really excited to do something like that. TEW opened my eyes to sim sports games and I am pretty hooked on them. Hopefully the pro football game comes out soon.

<p>Not speaking for Arlie, but I think it may be a matter of time. No doubt he has been busy with directing GDS and supporting various projects and when/as time allows he will work it if the market dictates.</p><p> </p><p>

If he does and if you ever had/have a chance to have played TPF (Total Pro Football) a number of years ago you would no you can expect an excellent product.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
I hope it will come sooner rather than later. The recent patch to BBCF has given that game new life (I haven't had any more crashes), and I'm very much looking forward to a pro game. If it has the general look and feel and statistical depth of BBCF that would be wonderful. More than wonderful.

Arlie recently released the first update for his College Football game in quite awhile, so there's hope that an update about the pro game is somewhat soon. It's something I'm very much looking forward to, but it's been a slow development unfortunately.

Do you think? I mean the game has been in development for years now (I am not sure how long), I think it has to be over the seven year mark now maybe even longer. So yeah I do think that is the very definition of slow development.

It sucks because I do think a good pro football game is needed and I think Arlie will deliver. It is just a question of when.

There's a game called Beyond The Sideline Football that's been in development over at OOTP for almost two years now. From what I've read, the guy who was working on it had a stroke and it's been little if any progress since then.

Aside from that, there's the Fooball Mogul series that's been around for awhile. It's a good game, but really kind of basic. You aren't really doing much other than setting a depth chart and signing, trading, and drafting players. The in-game action is limited and the playbooks are pretty small.

I really prefer Front Office Football. It takes everything that Football Mogul does but cranks up the micromanagement in every area. You've got a lot more to think about, but when you get it right it feels a lot more satisfying.

...I really prefer Front Office Football. It takes everything that Football Mogul does but cranks up the micromanagement in every area. You've got a lot more to think about, but when you get it right it feels a lot more satisfying.

But the font is so tiny it's almost impossible to see. And the play diagrams look like they were drawn by a 7 year old. It's very difficult to tell exactly what is going on in a particular play.

The designer could get some college student to re-do the play diagrams for free, but he's too stubborn to make any changes in what is just an extremely ugly game.

If GDS ever introduced a pro football sim with the look and statistical depth of BBCF...wow!

But the font is so tiny it's almost impossible to see. And the play diagrams look like they were drawn by a 7 year old. It's very difficult to tell exactly what is going on in a particular play.

The designer could get some college student to re-do the play diagrams for free, but he's too stubborn to make any changes in what is just an extremely ugly game.

Pretty harsh. I am not a coder but love how others like me that are not love to tear apart someone's work when they can't even begin to put together a rough concept themselves. Seriously, if you think it's that easy - do it.

Pretty harsh. I am not a coder but love how others like me that are not love to tear apart someone's work when they can't even begin to put together a rough concept themselves. Seriously, if you think it's that easy - do it.

I'm not a coder, but I'm a person who has purchased FoF in the past and communicated with the company in a very polite manner about what many feel are certain shortcomings in their game.

As a person who has spent money on their product, I feel that I have the right to critique it, as long as I am not profane or abusive in my criticism.

If you think that a customer should only praise a product, well...I strongly disagree.

If GDS ever introduced a pro football sim with the look and statistical depth of BBCF...wow!

As great as the engine in FOF is (and it is indeed), it's ugly with a capital U in terms of UI and appearance. And it isn't budget....It's not as if people haven't volunteered their time and resources to make it better. The creator just doesn't seem interested, which is a bit of a shame.

Some of the games sold and being designed here on GD prove that text-based doesn't have to = ugly.

Definitely can't disagree with you on the interface. It's probably the biggest shortcoming the game has. It seems like with both Mogul and FOF they settled on a design sometime around a decade ago and just never bothered to update. When it comes to pro football sims you're kind of stuck with a few decent but imperfect options right now. I'd absolutely love to see a game from Grey Dog. I've literally never been disappointed by these guys.

Archived