SWF -- This Means War! (diary)

[QUOTE=JonnyV1;156882]I believe near the beginning of this diary explains who Joel Kovach and ArchAngel are. They were part of a group of wrestlers that Scapino created, and these two are the only survivors cause I think at the beginning of the diary, people weren't to fond of the created guys. I should have gone back to the beginning to check though, I could be wrong.[/QUOTE] Nope you are right......I remember there were like 6 created workers. It's funny how they weren't well recieved at first, yet now I couldn't imagine this diary without Kovach and Archangel.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's so true, although, I had myself a look back at the first few posts and read the original bios of the survivors, and realized that the way I've been building up Joel Kovach in my head, is way off from what his bio says :( . Meh, just goes to show how well some of these characters have been built up and evolved.

that's so true, although, I had myself a look back at the first few posts and read the original bios of the survivors, and realized that the way I've been building up Joel Kovach in my head, is way off from what his bio says :( . Meh, just goes to show how well some of these characters have been built up and evolved.

Okay, here's the deal on my created characters: Originally there were six survivors: The Rev, Sabbath, Joel Kovach, Archangel, Chris Gordon, and Devorah Triton. I later added in Delirious Dan as my Heidenreich Challenge. I killed off Sabbath in the game editor just to see what would happen and had the Rev leave on account of that. Joel and Double-A you all know. Chris Gordon is still on the roster; I just don't use him that much. Devorah Triton is the road agent and so she's still in the game as well. Here's the thing about Joel's mask: I used the picture for Acid in game, so I described Joel as having a mask. I've kind of gotten away from that, so I guess it's up to you how you want to picture him.

Okay, here's the deal on my created characters: Originally there were six survivors: The Rev, Sabbath, Joel Kovach, Archangel, Chris Gordon, and Devorah Triton. I later added in Delirious Dan as my Heidenreich Challenge. I killed off Sabbath in the game editor just to see what would happen and had the Rev leave on account of that. Joel and Double-A you all know. Chris Gordon is still on the roster; I just don't use him that much. Devorah Triton is the road agent and so she's still in the game as well. Here's the thing about Joel's mask: I used the picture for Acid in game, so I described Joel as having a mask. I've kind of gotten away from that, so I guess it's up to you how you want to picture him.

I've toyed with the idea (and I did pass them on to Panix; I don't know if he included them in his mod package or not). Part of me, though, wants to be selfish and hold on to them. I'd hate to see them proliferate in other threads. I don't doubt that people could do good work with them, but they kind of make my thread special, y'know? ;)

I've toyed with the idea (and I did pass them on to Panix; I don't know if he included them in his mod package or not). Part of me, though, wants to be selfish and hold on to them. I'd hate to see them proliferate in other threads. I don't doubt that people could do good work with them, but they kind of make my thread special, y'know? ;)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]SWF Warzone[/SIZE][/B] [I]Filmed Wednesday of Week 4, July 2008[/I] Held at Virginia Park Fields in the Mid Atlantic Territory 8,308 in attendance[/CENTER] Peter Michaels, Duane Fry, and Ana Garcia welcomed the fans to the show. 1) Christian Faith once again started off the show. He said that he felt a little betrayed by Richard Eisen. Richard has double-booked him in a North American Championship tournament match and against Wanda Fish tonight. But Christian said that wasn't a problem. Armies often have to fight wars on two fronts. And as the Army of One, he will destroy Troy Tornado to advance in the tournament and then show Wanda Fish why she is seriously out of her league. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]THE BIGGZ BOYZ vs. THE MASTERS OF FORTUNE[/B] Duane hyped up the fact that this would be the first time we'd be able to see Missy Masterson and Chance Fortune in action together against the veteran Biggzes. He said it would be an acid test of their ability. It wasn't that bad of a match. The crowd really seemed to get into it and really let Missy have it when she produced some brass knuckles from her top and used them to drop Bart Biggz for the pin. WINNERS: [B]The Masters of Fortune [/B]in 9:10 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) Jack Bruce and Troy Tornado were backstage. Jack looked about ready to say something when the door was kicked open and in came the Samoan Wild Boyz. Kid did all the talking, saying that he and his brother wanted to take on AFKAP in a match on [I]Invasion![/I] Jack told them that'd be fine then threw them out of the room. Jack then turned to Troy and proceeded to give him a pep talk, telling him that he'd be able to take down Christian Faith just fine. He said that Troy had the heart and the ambition, and that was all he needed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the acceptance; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the pep talk 4) [B]TROY TORNADO vs. CHRISTIAN FAITH [/B]in a first round match in [COLOR="Red"]the North American Title[/COLOR] tournament Troy seemed to take Jack's talk to heart. He stunned Christian with a quick flurry of offense which led Ana to predict an upset. But then Christian came back and after a few devestating blows, nailed the Leap of Faith and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Christian Faith [/B]in 8:44 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 5) It's time for "Ask Dan!" [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Today's letter comes from Genya Sato from Fukuoka, Japan. Genya writes...."[/COLOR] Dan looked at the paper and frowned. He turned it upside and squinted at it before crumpling it up and tossing it away. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"Look, Genya, I don't know what you wanted, but let me tell you something, buster. If you're going to make it in this world, you better know how to speak English. Let's face it, the best people in the world speak English, so you should too. Trust me, it's for the best that you find this out now."[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) A video played, highlighting the tension that's been developing within Karma in recent weeks. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 7) [B]THE FABULOUS BUMFHOLES vs. BRUCE THE GIANT & RICK LAW[/B] The crowd really ate this up. Randy and Zimmy seemed to have some difficulty dealing with Bruce's size, allowing the giant to pound on them pretty hard. Rick would tag in and do a move or two, then bring Bruce back in again. Eventually, though, the Bumfholes switched to hit and fade attacks, enough to stagger Bruce. They even managed to get Bruce down, but then Rick got in and started to punish Randy. He managed to keep Randy away from his corner for a few minutes, but Randy managed to break free and dive for the ring ... only to find his brother missing. It turned out that Joel Kovach had snuck down to ringside and pulled Zimmy off the apron. Randy seemed pretty confused, but that didn't last since Bruce recovered and finsihed him off with a Giant Chokeslam. WINNERS: [B]Bruce the Giant & Rick Law [/B]in 8:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 8) Eric Eisen appeared on screen and said that he had been content to sit on the sidelines for a while until his father could come back, but now that Richard was in charge again, he wanted to get back into the mix. He challenged Archangel to a match for the title! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 9) [B]WANDA FISH vs. CHRISTIAN FAITH[/B] Christian and Wanda didn't click, but that's okay. This was a short match anyway. Christian was pretty overconfident coming out to the ring. He flexed and roared at Wanda a little and suggested that perhaps she should just back out now. Wanda laughed at him and slapped the smile right off his face. Christian tried to hit her back, but she ducked the blow and slapped him again. Christian tried again, only to be tripped up and slapped into the Blonde Ambition. Christian tried to make it to the ropes, but Wanda pulled him back to the middle. Christian finally had to tap out. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 4:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Christian had trouble getting up after the match and had to be helped to the back by the ref. Wanda retrieved a mic and taunted him all the way back, pointing out that the Army of One got beaten by a girl pretty quick. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 11) Tim Westybrook came out and said that he wasn't done with Marc DuBois yet. He challenged Marc to a rematch for the Warmaster Title right here, right now. Marc came out and informed Tim that he normally would take him on, but he felt like being generous tonight. He wasn't going to face Tim. Instead, he wanted to take on the man who dropped the Embodiment of Hardcore, Eddie Peak! Tim would have to wait his turn. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] for the response and the match announcement 12) [B]EDDIE PEAK vs. MARC DuBOIS (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the SWF Warmaster Title[/COLOR] A great cap for this show. Marc and Eddie tore it up, but it turned out that Eddie wasn't above a little cheating. At one point, as Marc tried to spear him, Eddie dragged the ref in the way. With the ref out, Eddie dropped Marc to the mat and used the ring post to beat up his legs pretty badly. Eddie even threaded one of Marc's legs through a chair and stomped on it, causing Marc to howl in agony for a few minutes before Eddie smashed him over the head with the chair, knocking him out cold. Eddie was getting ready to destroy Marc's other knee when Chris Caulfield charged the ring. Chris rolled in and attacked Eddie, taking the other man by surprise. Before Eddie knew what was happening, Chris hit him with a Danger Drop right onto the steel chair. Chris then got out of there, leaving both men down. The ref came to and started to count both men out. Eventually, Eddie twitched and rolled over onto Marc, but at two-and-a-half, Marc's shoulder popped off the mat. Before Eddie knew what was happening, Marc was up and fighting. He did favor his "injured" knee a little, but in the end, it didn't stop him from nailing the Marc of Excellence. WINNER: [B]Marc DuBois [/B]in 11:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 13) Marc didn't have time to celebrate. Joel Kovach came back out to the ring and attacked him, focusing on his injured knee. Eventually, a number of refs had to come out and drag Joel off of him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too shabby. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM SWF.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last [I]Warzone[/I][/U] [I]Masters of Fortune defeated the Biggz Boyz [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Christian Faith defeated Troy Tornad[/I]o - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Rick Law & Bruce the Giant defeated the Fabulous Bumfholes [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Christian Faith [/I]-[COLOR="blue"] B[/COLOR] [I]Marc DuBois (c) defeated Eddie Peak to retain [COLOR="Red"]the SWF Warmaster Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]SWF Warzone[/SIZE][/B] [I]Filmed Wednesday of Week 4, July 2008[/I] Held at Virginia Park Fields in the Mid Atlantic Territory 8,308 in attendance[/CENTER] Peter Michaels, Duane Fry, and Ana Garcia welcomed the fans to the show. 1) Christian Faith once again started off the show. He said that he felt a little betrayed by Richard Eisen. Richard has double-booked him in a North American Championship tournament match and against Wanda Fish tonight. But Christian said that wasn't a problem. Armies often have to fight wars on two fronts. And as the Army of One, he will destroy Troy Tornado to advance in the tournament and then show Wanda Fish why she is seriously out of her league. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]THE BIGGZ BOYZ vs. THE MASTERS OF FORTUNE[/B] Duane hyped up the fact that this would be the first time we'd be able to see Missy Masterson and Chance Fortune in action together against the veteran Biggzes. He said it would be an acid test of their ability. It wasn't that bad of a match. The crowd really seemed to get into it and really let Missy have it when she produced some brass knuckles from her top and used them to drop Bart Biggz for the pin. WINNERS: [B]The Masters of Fortune [/B]in 9:10 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) Jack Bruce and Troy Tornado were backstage. Jack looked about ready to say something when the door was kicked open and in came the Samoan Wild Boyz. Kid did all the talking, saying that he and his brother wanted to take on AFKAP in a match on [I]Invasion![/I] Jack told them that'd be fine then threw them out of the room. Jack then turned to Troy and proceeded to give him a pep talk, telling him that he'd be able to take down Christian Faith just fine. He said that Troy had the heart and the ambition, and that was all he needed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the acceptance; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the pep talk 4) [B]TROY TORNADO vs. CHRISTIAN FAITH [/B]in a first round match in [COLOR="Red"]the North American Title[/COLOR] tournament Troy seemed to take Jack's talk to heart. He stunned Christian with a quick flurry of offense which led Ana to predict an upset. But then Christian came back and after a few devestating blows, nailed the Leap of Faith and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Christian Faith [/B]in 8:44 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 5) It's time for "Ask Dan!" [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Today's letter comes from Genya Sato from Fukuoka, Japan. Genya writes...."[/COLOR] Dan looked at the paper and frowned. He turned it upside and squinted at it before crumpling it up and tossing it away. [COLOR="darkgreen"]"Look, Genya, I don't know what you wanted, but let me tell you something, buster. If you're going to make it in this world, you better know how to speak English. Let's face it, the best people in the world speak English, so you should too. Trust me, it's for the best that you find this out now."[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) A video played, highlighting the tension that's been developing within Karma in recent weeks. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 7) [B]THE FABULOUS BUMFHOLES vs. BRUCE THE GIANT & RICK LAW[/B] The crowd really ate this up. Randy and Zimmy seemed to have some difficulty dealing with Bruce's size, allowing the giant to pound on them pretty hard. Rick would tag in and do a move or two, then bring Bruce back in again. Eventually, though, the Bumfholes switched to hit and fade attacks, enough to stagger Bruce. They even managed to get Bruce down, but then Rick got in and started to punish Randy. He managed to keep Randy away from his corner for a few minutes, but Randy managed to break free and dive for the ring ... only to find his brother missing. It turned out that Joel Kovach had snuck down to ringside and pulled Zimmy off the apron. Randy seemed pretty confused, but that didn't last since Bruce recovered and finsihed him off with a Giant Chokeslam. WINNERS: [B]Bruce the Giant & Rick Law [/B]in 8:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 8) Eric Eisen appeared on screen and said that he had been content to sit on the sidelines for a while until his father could come back, but now that Richard was in charge again, he wanted to get back into the mix. He challenged Archangel to a match for the title! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 9) [B]WANDA FISH vs. CHRISTIAN FAITH[/B] Christian and Wanda didn't click, but that's okay. This was a short match anyway. Christian was pretty overconfident coming out to the ring. He flexed and roared at Wanda a little and suggested that perhaps she should just back out now. Wanda laughed at him and slapped the smile right off his face. Christian tried to hit her back, but she ducked the blow and slapped him again. Christian tried again, only to be tripped up and slapped into the Blonde Ambition. Christian tried to make it to the ropes, but Wanda pulled him back to the middle. Christian finally had to tap out. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 4:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Christian had trouble getting up after the match and had to be helped to the back by the ref. Wanda retrieved a mic and taunted him all the way back, pointing out that the Army of One got beaten by a girl pretty quick. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 11) Tim Westybrook came out and said that he wasn't done with Marc DuBois yet. He challenged Marc to a rematch for the Warmaster Title right here, right now. Marc came out and informed Tim that he normally would take him on, but he felt like being generous tonight. He wasn't going to face Tim. Instead, he wanted to take on the man who dropped the Embodiment of Hardcore, Eddie Peak! Tim would have to wait his turn. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] for the response and the match announcement 12) [B]EDDIE PEAK vs. MARC DuBOIS (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the SWF Warmaster Title[/COLOR] A great cap for this show. Marc and Eddie tore it up, but it turned out that Eddie wasn't above a little cheating. At one point, as Marc tried to spear him, Eddie dragged the ref in the way. With the ref out, Eddie dropped Marc to the mat and used the ring post to beat up his legs pretty badly. Eddie even threaded one of Marc's legs through a chair and stomped on it, causing Marc to howl in agony for a few minutes before Eddie smashed him over the head with the chair, knocking him out cold. Eddie was getting ready to destroy Marc's other knee when Chris Caulfield charged the ring. Chris rolled in and attacked Eddie, taking the other man by surprise. Before Eddie knew what was happening, Chris hit him with a Danger Drop right onto the steel chair. Chris then got out of there, leaving both men down. The ref came to and started to count both men out. Eventually, Eddie twitched and rolled over onto Marc, but at two-and-a-half, Marc's shoulder popped off the mat. Before Eddie knew what was happening, Marc was up and fighting. He did favor his "injured" knee a little, but in the end, it didn't stop him from nailing the Marc of Excellence. WINNER: [B]Marc DuBois [/B]in 11:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 13) Marc didn't have time to celebrate. Joel Kovach came back out to the ring and attacked him, focusing on his injured knee. Eventually, a number of refs had to come out and drag Joel off of him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too shabby. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM SWF.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last [I]Warzone[/I][/U] [I]Masters of Fortune defeated the Biggz Boyz [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Christian Faith defeated Troy Tornad[/I]o - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Rick Law & Bruce the Giant defeated the Fabulous Bumfholes [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Christian Faith [/I]-[COLOR="blue"] B[/COLOR] [I]Marc DuBois (c) defeated Eddie Peak to retain [COLOR="Red"]the SWF Warmaster Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Sadly, I'm thinking I'm going to fail the Heidenreich Challenge. The Karma storyline kind of left Dan out in the cold and I haven't had much luck pumping up his stats or his overness. Right now, Dan is at: Brawling - 13.7% Power - 0.2% Strong Style - 13.5% Hardcore - 13.2% MMA Style - 0.0% Mat Work - 13.4% Chain Wrestling - 19.4% (the only stat to pop into the E range so far) Sumbission - 13.7% Aerial - 13.4% Flashiness - 13.6% Basics - 14.0% Psychology - 13.8% Safety - 13.6% Consistency - 13.7% Selling - 14.5% Refereeing, Business Skill, Booking Skill, Respect - 0% All others at 100% Popularity wise, Dan is - 47.1 - 48.8% throughout the U.S. 48% in Mexico 35% in the UK 45.6% in Canada 44% in Japan 40% in Europe As you can see, he's not even close to being main event yet. His popularity comes strictly from the numerous Ask Dan segments I've had him do, but I don't think that's enough to propel him to the top in a month.

Sadly, I'm thinking I'm going to fail the Heidenreich Challenge. The Karma storyline kind of left Dan out in the cold and I haven't had much luck pumping up his stats or his overness. Right now, Dan is at: Brawling - 13.7% Power - 0.2% Strong Style - 13.5% Hardcore - 13.2% MMA Style - 0.0% Mat Work - 13.4% Chain Wrestling - 19.4% (the only stat to pop into the E range so far) Sumbission - 13.7% Aerial - 13.4% Flashiness - 13.6% Basics - 14.0% Psychology - 13.8% Safety - 13.6% Consistency - 13.7% Selling - 14.5% Refereeing, Business Skill, Booking Skill, Respect - 0% All others at 100% Popularity wise, Dan is - 47.1 - 48.8% throughout the U.S. 48% in Mexico 35% in the UK 45.6% in Canada 44% in Japan 40% in Europe As you can see, he's not even close to being main event yet. His popularity comes strictly from the numerous Ask Dan segments I've had him do, but I don't think that's enough to propel him to the top in a month.

I'm curious about something. What are the card levels and restrictions on your titles? I mean, I'm guessing the 10-minute championship is 'low level' and the World Heavyweight Championship is main event level. But given how its booked (and who has been involved with it), what card level is the Warmaster title? I've been loving the diary, by the way. You've given me more than a few ideas for my own games. The title thing came to mind because it seemed like you were booking the Warmaster title on par with the main event level title, quality wise.

I'm curious about something. What are the card levels and restrictions on your titles? I mean, I'm guessing the 10-minute championship is 'low level' and the World Heavyweight Championship is main event level. But given how its booked (and who has been involved with it), what card level is the Warmaster title? I've been loving the diary, by the way. You've given me more than a few ideas for my own games. The title thing came to mind because it seemed like you were booking the Warmaster title on par with the main event level title, quality wise.

Archived