WHOOPS! Didn't mean to put the Titles on them.

I accidentally put the TCW Tag Titles on Joey Minnesota and Ricky Dale Johnson. They can be great champs, I just didn't mean to do that. I had in my mind one thing but set my match up differently. Anyone else ever accidentally set your match up wrong and caused an unwanted Title change?

Oh yeah, I have made that mistake. In one of my solo games in TEW10 with NYCW, I accidentally put the Empire Title on Land Mass. As usual in 2010, SWF signed Roger Cage away from me so I put the belt on Steve Flash and had him face Land Mass in the first match of the event. The plan was to have Land Mass win, but because of interference by the debuting Casey Valentine and that would start a feud between Flash and Valentine with Land Mass as the "muscle". Needless to say, I set up a rematch between Flash and Mass at the next month event and had Flash get the title back.

I've done this a lot. Especially in the beginning. I accidentally gave myself the World Title, beating Punk on a random RAW via a DQ that I forgot to make a cheap finish.

In the beginning of my all Diva brand, the Divas title was hot potato'd because I kept making similar mistakes within weeks the belt went from Kaitlyn to Layla to Trish.

Was building up for Rollins vs Ambrose at Summerslam, and put Rollins against Reigns on Smackdown for the belt. Reigns was meant to win by DQ through interference, but I set it as Tainted Win instead of Cheap Win. Reigns won the belt, so I decided to do Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins at Summerslam, which screwed up my plans for the next Mania.

Was building up for Rollins vs Ambrose at Summerslam, and put Rollins against Reigns on Smackdown for the belt. Reigns was meant to win by DQ through interference, but I set it as Tainted Win instead of Cheap Win. Reigns won the belt, so I decided to do Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins at Summerslam, which screwed up my plans for the next Mania.

Just do Shield Triple Threat II @ Mania.

More than once I had Ric Young (I think that's his name - the referee) go over Jack Bruce or Christian Faith for the title...

I often type in the first couple letters to pick my participants...Mr. Young often stands in for Rich Money for me, unfortunately....

More than once I had Ric Young (I think that's his name - the referee) go over Jack Bruce or Christian Faith for the title...

I often type in the first couple letters to pick my participants...Mr. Young often stands in for Rich Money for me, unfortunately....

Typing the first few letters is the exact same way I messed up.

I would just give him an alias at this point. I had to change a few Kevin's on my roster for this reason.

Not a title change, but had a feud fall totally apart as constantly had angles with The Undertaker and Brad Maddox instead of Bray Wyatt. Even more annoying was Taker and Wyatt just seemed to click, their angles would easily get high 90s ratings no matter what I did. So their feud was unbelievably hot, till Maddox kept creeping in by mistaken. Stupid fast typing! I ended up letting Maddox go as I was so annoyed at him!

Guest DutchMagpie
One time I accidentally had John Cone beat Brock Lesnar for the title at summerslam instead of John Cena!

Omg, that's bad. John Cone is a referee isn't it ? I bet Brock was pissed after this happened :)

Ended up accidentally Having Val Venis win the intercontinental title in 2004, made the best of it, turned him into Vincent Morley, a universally loved "Hollywood megastar", and built him up into the #1 guy in the company by the same time next year. Multi time world champion. Really miss that save

ThunderVerse has a great trick. All refs are named Ref . So takes away the chances of a ref getting picked when they have the same first name as some wrestlers.

Because of the ThunderVerse I do that in every game I play now. Mainly because I used to always accidentally pick Randy Anderson instead of Randy Savage. :p

I've told this story before but I once accidentally had Trish Stratus beat The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship when I meant to have Triple H win it.

I don't automatically save it but I did go back in time and have Triple H lose, I then wrote a storyline on purpose where Trish was forced by Eric Bischoff to face The Undertaker for the title as a punishment, the title on the line so Taker would take the match seriously and actually try to fight her.

Trish was desperate to get out of the situation and begged anyone who would listen for help, this resulted in a deal between her and Edge that resulted in Edge cheap shotting the Undertaker to hell and back before letting Trish get the win. She held it for a week and then vacated the belt, Edge then won the vacated title. Trish and Edge also formed an evil power couple.

So in the end it gave me probably one of the best accidental storylines ever.

I've told this story before but I once accidentally had Trish Stratus beat The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship when I meant to have Triple H win it.

I don't automatically save it but I did go back in time and have Triple H lose, I then wrote a storyline on purpose where Trish was forced by Eric Bischoff to face The Undertaker for the title as a punishment, the title on the line so Taker would take the match seriously and actually try to fight her.

Trish was desperate to get out of the situation and begged anyone who would listen for help, this resulted in a deal between her and Edge that resulted in Edge cheap shotting the Undertaker to hell and back before letting Trish get the win. She held it for a week and then vacated the belt, Edge then won the vacated title. Trish and Edge also formed an evil power couple.

If you think that Trish Stratus beating Undertaker (no matter what circumstances are) is a good storyline, then...

Vince Russo playing TEW?!

If you think that Trish Stratus beating Undertaker (no matter what circumstances are) is a good storyline, then...

Yeah. It was pretty enjoyable. No regrets.

Vince Russo playing TEW?!

Vince Russo has played TEW, yes. But in terms of my booking, it was interesting and moved the storylines forward so...yeah I'd say its awesome.

I was only kidding, its cool to sometimes do something totally different to take yourself out of your comfort zone as well.

Exactly, only so many times you can book things predictably in a decade long game before you want to throw a monkey wrench into things.

Makes me wish injuries were a bit more common, just for the challenge.

The Internet Mark in me would says what the hell are you thinking but the 10 year old fan in me says that is a crazy awesome idea.

The Internet Mark in me would says what the hell are you thinking but the 10 year old fan in me says that is a crazy awesome idea.

I have both of those inside me too. I keep the Internet Mark in a cage and poke him with a stick occasionally or else he makes things less fun.

Archived