Talking someone out of retirement

#39: Talk Out Of Retirement

New to the game is the ability to attempt to talk a worker out of their decision to retire. It will not always be successful of course (it is based on personality, current career situation, etc), and is limited to workers who have retired by choice, not through injury.

So, I've just had one of my biggest stars announce their retirement. I could live with that if it was one of my older, more useless guys (Hi, Madman Boone!) but in this case it's someone I signed to a contract less than a month before. Now, granted, I'm only PSW - this isn't a company where they'll happily postpone retirement to coin in a six figure annual (or monthly!) wage, but I'm annoyed at the timing.

So, has anyone had any success with the above feature? If I'm reading it right, I'll need to wait until they've outright retired before I can try and persuade them back into active competition, but first I need to work out how to do it - where's the option to initiate discussions?

So, I've just had one of my biggest stars announce their retirement. I could live with that if it was one of my older, more useless guys (Hi, Madman Boone!) but in this case it's someone I signed to a contract less than a month before. Now, granted, I'm only PSW - this isn't a company where they'll happily postpone retirement to coin in a six figure annual (or monthly!) wage, but I'm annoyed at the timing.

So, has anyone had any success with the above feature? If I'm reading it right, I'll need to wait until they've outright retired before I can try and persuade them back into active competition, but first I need to work out how to do it - where's the option to initiate discussions?

I've done it - from what I remember, I got an e-mail announcing her retirement and there was a link to click to talk her out of it, which worked. Or maybe in decisions?

It isn't an option you can click and you don't always get the opportunity.

If the worker is not 100% that he will retire then you will automatically get a Decision added to your list on the day that he announces his intention to retire; you can access this to try and talk them out of their choice. If they are 100% decided, you do not get the option (as it's pointless, you couldn't possibly succeed).

The option is not possible if it's a forced retirement.

Archived