New Wrestling Promotion....

New Wrestling Promotion....

I kind of got this concept I been stewing over. I've been marathon watching Walking Dead and that's when the idea hit me. One of the things about Walking Dead that we like is we don't know how long the character will last. I think this can be translated into wrestling very well and I had an idea for a promotion. Darwin Wrestling Federation! It is the survival of the fittest and the stakes get the highest on the World Title Matches...Whomever loses these whether it be the defending champion or the challenger they are fired from the promotion. I think this will make all of the main event matches mean something because it means anyone can be gone at any time.....thoughts?

TNA has sort of done with twice.

Madison Rayne only defended the Knockouts' Championship if people put their career on the line.

Beer Money did the same with with the tag titles.

It was fun both times, but it doesn't have long lasting appeal in my opinion. If anything it's something a promotion could do to refresh their roster, but not something that could happen on a consistent basis.

Well the Title Matches would only occur once in a while so you have time to build up your talent. Like a company that is Regional or higher only holds a World Title match at their big 4. A local company has the benefit of holding them closer together as it doesn't take as long to build the talent up.

I'm kind of enjoying this idea because it always keeps your roster fresh and who is to say you couldn't hire them back? That lovable baby face that the heel champion screwed over comes back to a huge ovation after 6 months of being gone and rights the wrong of him getting screwed. It forces your hand to always be looking to freshing the roster because if you really pick up a guy you don't like...just stick him in a Title match!!!!

This could only be improved if you don't pick winners for the title matches.

Also, what happens in case of a draw? or one of those finishes where they are both pinning each other and a ref gives each of them each of them a win.

Well I guess they would have to have a rematch....Last man standing sounds good or maybe a cage match....I think I really want to book this now!

Good idea in theory, but how often were you looking at having these matches? Monthly? Quarterly, Yearly? I think once you fire someone it takes a few months for them to be willing to negotiate with you again.

Maybe instead of being world title matches (as I always think that title should be on the line at least once a month), it could be for a different title, maybe not a title at all, but a tournament crown (Royal Rumble, KOTR, etc.) And maybe the loser doesn't have to be fired but "Demoted" to another brand or division.

Maybe instead of being world title matches (as I always think that title should be on the line at least once a month), it could be for a different title, maybe not a title at all, but a tournament crown (Royal Rumble, KOTR, etc.) And maybe the loser doesn't have to be fired but "Demoted" to another brand or division.

Good ideas. I'm currently doing something with my midcard belt to fix the problem where once someone wins it they usually become Main Event level and are to over to drop it to a midcarder. So what I've done is once said person accumulates 6 title defenses they can choose to vacate the title for a world title match.

Just another cool idea.

What about if all the guys who have lost their title mach for your top title face each other in a multiman match or tournament at one PPV in the year.

So many options depending on how many people lost their heavyweight title match.. could have it so that if you lose title match but end up winning a one later in the year then it saves you.

Could have a money in the bank style match.. 6 men have to reach a contract at the top of a ladder.. the winner is safe and has to pick the guy who gets fired. That in itself could lead to a hot feud in a year time if you bring that guy back.

What about if all the guys who have lost their title mach for your top title face each other in a multiman match or tournament at one PPV in the year.

So many options depending on how many people lost their heavyweight title match.. could have it so that if you lose title match but end up winning a one later in the year then it saves you.

Could have a money in the bank style match.. 6 men have to reach a contract at the top of a ladder.. the winner is safe and has to pick the guy who gets fired. That in itself could lead to a hot feud in a year time if you bring that guy back.

I like the ladder match concept...it sows the seeds for a slow burning off title feud....you have my gears turning on that note.

This is actually a pretty sweet idea. Makes each individual title match feel important while also sowing seeds throughout the year that someone that lost a title match is already gone and they just don't know it yet. I may have to steal this.

I like the idea of someone losing 5 matches being out, as someone else stated earlier. It makes the successful performers look even stronger while giving the jobbers a threat to act against and raises even the lowest of stakes considerably.

This is actually a pretty sweet idea. Makes each individual title match feel important while also sowing seeds throughout the year that someone that lost a title match is already gone and they just don't know it yet. I may have to steal this.

I like the idea of someone losing 5 matches being out, as someone else stated earlier. It makes the successful performers look even stronger while giving the jobbers a threat to act against and raises even the lowest of stakes considerably.

Feel free to borrow it. I was bouncing this idea off of the board was thinking of making something like this down the road.

Archived