How "damaged" are young wrestlers who don't show up in the Hot Prospect list at your Creative Meeting?

I'll often temporarily not assign pushes to my existing Hot Prospects so I can see who else in my midcard (and below) has potential for success. In my International-sized sports entertainment company, I have a few blue chippers (aged 29 and under) who, despite very promising Charisma and Star Quality stats, don't even rate as dark horses for success. If I'm not mistaken, that means their Popularity is capped at a number somewhere below 70. But how much lower? High enough that they could eventually become gatekeepers for my rising young stars? Or are they best used only as jobbers? Are some characters saddled with destiny rolls so poor that they're really not of much use at all?

I'd be curious to know any success stories (or stories of frustration) those of you who book large companies have had with these "Cold Prospects" who never get a mention in the Creative Meeting.

They have a low popularity cap most will be around 60 give or take from my experience. They can be very useful if they can wrestle. You don't need everyone to have 90+ overness. Having a dozen quality workers who stay at like 60 popularity can help make stars out of your Next Big Things. Your efforts should go into making the Next Big Things more popular. The most over workers are not always the best wrestlers.

60 is considerably higher than I would have thought -- that's useful, thanks. Beyond picking up skilled wrestlers with low popularity caps on the cheap, I can see utility in picking up cheap monsters. I'm playing a SWF game where Prometheus doesn't show up in the Hot Prospect list, but with his high menace and star quality, being stuck at 60 popularity or so won't keep him from being useful.

Archived