No rival game

Unfortunately, the game doesn't have permanent crossover rivals. I hope this can be addressed if there is a new game in the future. Also, I've noticed that there is at least one team in the conference that will never be played. So you can play a 50 year career and not play that particular team in your conference.

• 2 weeks later...
Ahh that makes sense. In my league, I'm now coaching Tennessee after coaching Texas for 11 years. Kentucky is not on the schedule, so I'll guess I'll never play them?...and Alabama doesn't look to be an annual game. Would be cool to have those corrected in any updates.

• 3 weeks later...
Ahh that makes sense. In my league, I'm now coaching Tennessee after coaching Texas for 11 years. Kentucky is not on the schedule, so I'll guess I'll never play them?...and Alabama doesn't look to be an annual game. Would be cool to have those corrected in any updates.

Stuff like that worries me and keeps me from buying the game....so in the SEC, your division opponents are not always on your schedule. Does this mean as Florida I wouldnt always play LSU and Florida State? I would certainly hope that Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina, and Missouri would always be on the schedule.

you would play all the SEC east teams if you are in that division as Florida. But no guarantee of playing LSU - the SEC West schedule is more random and rotating. Florida State, you could schedule if that are not set as an automatic opponent -- but I see those two teams play each each

I miss having that historic cross conference rivalry game, but it does not totally detract from playing the game. If I really want Alabama on schedule as the UT coach, I can possibly add them as a non-conference opponent (which I often think the West teams should not count as conference games to make things more fair. Gives every team a level playing field -- but I seriously doubt the SEC or NCAA will ever go that route)

Stuff like that worries me and keeps me from buying the game....so in the SEC, your division opponents are not always on your schedule. Does this mean as Florida I wouldnt always play LSU and Florida State? I would certainly hope that Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina, and Missouri would always be on the schedule.

It does keep some of the rivalries in tact. When I coached at Texas we actually played Texas A&M every year even though the aglets moved to the SEC. I think the Florida/FSU game remains.

Archived