INTEREST: Real World Present Day Draft

Hi all,

I'm looking to set up a new mod (using a current real world mod to have all current day wrestlers etc in there) where we draft NFL style and pick our rosters. I'm looking to gauge interest now and will hopefully start the drafting process once we have at least 5 others interested.

I'm aware ive kept this brief so post any questions and I'll answer.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was quick to get to 7!

Right what I propose is that we have 2 days to prepare for the draft and think about who we want as our picks. In that time please can you submit to me your company name and a logo for them - I can then add this into the game.

Draft order will be determined by a random number generator which I will do - all updates will be posted in the original message on page 1. If you draw number 7 then you will pick last but will then get 2 picks in a row as the order will be reversed every time to give some fairness. I.e 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 and repeat.

We will be drafting all wrestlers (male and female) and other staff so if you value Jim Ross over John Cena then he could be your first pick. Once in the draft submit your pick on here - I'll have a table running on page 1 to show who has been picked by who so far. Each drafter will have 12 hours to draft from the time that the last draft pick was made (we need limits to avoid being here for a year but need to account for time zones, work and sleep!) if you do not pick then that pick will be void and it will move onto the next player. You will then need to draft after everyone is finished, if you know ahead of time that you may be unable to draft (I.e I know I am on a plane home for 24 hours next week then I would miss my picks) - instead if it is likely it will be my go in that time then I'll submit a number of picks forward and have whoever is left as my pick that go.

As mentioned I don't have my laptop as am out of the country so am happy for someone to suggest a good RWM for me to base this on. I won't have the mod by the time the draft goes live so excuse any clangers when I pick! Please tell me if my pick isn't in the game!

Cheers all and happy drafting

EDIT - should mention we will all start as Cult level with$5 million in the bank. When you submit name and logo can you add in your base nation/place

I'd suggest Fleisch's Real World mod for sure. There's a January 2016 version.

Promotion Name: SHAZAM! Wrestling

Abbreviated: SHAZAM

Mid West (USA)

If someone could draft up a promotion logo and banner using DC Comics' Shazam logo that be great. :)

so it looks like we've gt 9 peopple for 8 places. So here's whose put up company info already.

(Me) Shadowflame -Ring Of Torture - E Australia

UKDan- no info yet, but started thread

Larrkin- House Of Stron Style, Kanto Japan

Kijar- Shazam!, Mid West

ShawnD- North American puro, Great Lakes

Jesushat902- Can-Am Wrestling Connection, Ontarion Canada

said they were in but nothing since

rockambition-

Unscrewed-

EvilChaseK-

so my vote is that first 8 with company info up are in. If there's anyone left over they can be an alternate if sombody quits. -thoughts?

Archived