Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I'm planning for a new real-world dynasty I'll be creating once 2016 is out. My fed will be having a trademark whereby they take workers who were badly let down by WWE / TNA / other big company, and turn them (hopefully) into the stars they could have been.

The problem is that the product put out by WWE etc over the last 5+ years has bored me and I haven't watched in ages. I'm so far out of the loop it's unreal. So I was hoping someone with a more up-to-date wrestling knowledge could help me pick some names for the scenario above?

Ones that come to mind are the likes of Paul Burchill, who was given a lame Pirate gimmick upon debuting at WWE, which would have sunk any career. Wasn't he then put in some kind of cringey incest storyline? I have him in my head as being one who had the bare tools to be a success, but got stabbed in the back by creative, who frankly must have been eating cocaine for breakfast when they scripted his push.

I'm looking for names from the past 5 years or so of workers who could really have shone in one of the larger companies, but were given lame duck pushes, badly handled or politiked into oblivion. It would then be my challenge to rescue these pour souls back to stardom.

Look forward very much to seeing what you guys come up with!

Ones that come to mind are the likes of Paul Burchill, who was given a lame Pirate gimmick upon debuting at WWE, which would have sunk any career. Wasn't he then put in some kind of cringey incest storyline? I have him in my head as being one who had the bare tools to be a success, but got stabbed in the back by creative, who frankly must have been eating cocaine for breakfast when they scripted his push.

From what I recall, it wasn't an actual incestuous relationship with his onscreen sister, Katie Lea. It was suggested because of how...."close" they were, onscreen. It wasn't an obvious thing like the Katie Vick angle.

All you need to do is google 'WWE Future Endeavors' and you'll find a list of sites that have them all, by year.

I thought Mr.Kennedy (Anderson) would be the next big thing in WWE, but he got fired over a conflict with Randy Orton. Nevertheless he was Worldchamp in TNA, so I don't know, if that's unsuccessful enough for you.

D'Angelo Dinero/Elijah Burke: had a very entertaining run in TNA before Lockdown, but he couldn't take the title from AJ Styles and was booked horrible after that.

Alex Shelley could fit in your plans too. Good Looking, Decent on the Mic and very good in the ring. Never was really successful in singles-competition, even though he was very popular in TNA.

Sheik Abdul Bashir oder Muhammed Hassan: WWE never dared to give Muhammed Hassan a final push, because his Arab-Gimmick was too riskfull, but he could have been some Top-Heel. Same with Bashir in TNA

Shelton Benjamin: Never was a big-time-player, probably because he wasn't entertaining enough. Could have been with a manager eventuelly

Jay Lethal: Very talented guy, but his gimmick was a ripoff of machoman.

Low Ki: Loved this guy, but he never really made it in TNA or WWE. Very intense in the ring and played his gimmick really well, even though he wasn't great on the mic (but didn't need to be with his gimmick)

Matt Morgan: I'm really surprised he never held a world-title. Had good in-ring-skills for his size and really developed on the mic in his time at TNA.

Here's just a short list of guys that I can remember that are no longer with WWE and where I believe they currently are. Some weren't given the right opportunities and some just blew a great chance. Take it as you will haha.

Drew McIntyre (in TNA as Drew Galloway)

Matt Morgan (retired now)

Shelton Benjamin (in NJPW)

Charlie Haas (I believe he's retired now)

Paul Burchill (retired now)

Carlito (indy scene as Carly Colon or Carlito Colon)

Mr. Kennedy (in TNA as Mr. Anderson)

MVP (last seen in TNA as MVP)

Ted DiBiase Jr (Left wrestling altogether)

Derrick Bateman (in TNA as EC3 now, so not sure if you want to use him)

Davey Boy Smith Jr (in NJPW & GFW)

Matt Striker (commentator for Lucha Underground & GFW)

Brodus Clay (in TNA as Tyrus)

Evan Bourne (indy scene, mainly ROH as Matt Sydal)

Jinder Mahal (indy scene as Raj Singh)

Curt Hawkins (indy scene as Brian Myers)

Yoshi Tatsu (in NJPW as Yoshitatsu)

Chris Masters (indy scene as Chris Mordetzky)

It wasn't even that they went PC. The character was deep and actually brought up good points about Muslim Americans facing opression in America. He was the perfect heel in that while you don't like what he's doing, you understand why he's doing it.

Then one week WWE made him a terrorist and we never saw him again.

Fantastic suggestions so far. I'll read up more on some of these names and pick some, especially those who'd be a challenge. I like the idea of an Asian stable of wrestlers who were held back / terribly handled because of their nationality, fighting for recognition as genuinely athletes. Given the anti-Muslim / anti-Asian vibe going around certain circles due to the world's political situation right now, this could be gold.

What the hell happened to La Resistance? That sucked. Are any of those guys still around? Are Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal still alive? I always thought they had an amazing look, but Ink Inc was a stupid name. I also hate what WWE did with Super Crazy / Psychosis - "they're Mexican, therefore we are duty-bound to cast them as yard labourers". I'd have them, were they not slightly too old and already well established in their native country.

Are there any less famous names that could have made it but dropped out of sight? The more suggestions the merrier.

best way to find your workers. Since you have not seen wrestling in 5 years. Look at 2011 wwe roster then look at 2012 tna roster. Do that every year. Honestly you could do that since tna starting taking wwe releases. Around 2006. Pretty much why tna has been bad so long. It has just been last years wwe or even worse it is wwe copying tna then tna copying wwe copying tna. nwa-tna 2002 to 2004 was great for tna. Even though aj styles had somewhat of a push. I would not say it was done right. Christopher daniels never has got respect.

Yes! I remember back in the mid-2000s loving Hassan because of how controversial that character was and then of course... WWE goes politically correct and squashes the character and the man in the process...

Didn't they squash his character after 9/11 or some other terrorist attack?

They squashed it because the week of the terrorist attacks they had Hassan send soldiers to abduct Undertaker in a terrorist style. Networks threatened to stop airing WWE altogether if the character wasn't taken off screen.

It was after the London Bombings in 2005 when WWE was pressured to remove the Hassan character from TV and unfortunately they were never really find anything else to do with him... which is odd because Mark Copani, who was playing Muhammad Hassan, is 100% Italian. So this means that the guy has to be a decent actor and he was a hell of a talent.... I just think WWE figured that he would always be "Muhammad Hassan" to the fans so he could never be back on TV which is unfortunate because he was excellent.

I even heard one time that they were planning on giving him a huge push and eventually give him the World Title.

What a shame.

It was after the London Bombings in 2005 when WWE was pressured to remove the Hassan character from TV and unfortunately they were never really find anything else to do with him... which is odd because Mark Copani, who was playing Muhammad Hassan, is 100% Italian. So this means that the guy has to be a decent actor and he was a hell of a talent.... I just think WWE figured that he would always be "Muhammad Hassan" to the fans so he could never be back on TV which is unfortunate because he was excellent.

I even heard one time that they were planning on giving him a huge push and eventually give him the World Title.

What a shame.

All cause creative wanted a small pop on a character they were actually doing well with and treading lightly on a controversial subject.

Really shameful.

<p>Considering my bias....</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Shantelle Taylor</p><p>

Mickie James</p><p>

Gail Kim (she asked for her release)</p><p>

Aloisia/Isis the Amazon</p><p>

Layla El</p><p>

Jillian Hall</p><p>

Serena Deeb</p><p>

Aksana</p><p>

Maxine/Karlee Perez</p><p> </p><p>

On the men's side:</p><p>

Sylvester Terkay</p><p>

Monty Brown (Marcus Cor Von)</p><p>

Mike Knox</p><p>

Jeff Hardy</p><p>

Jim Ross (not a wrestler but...)</p><p>

CM Punk (surprised no one's mentioned him)</p><p>

JTG</p><p>

Shad Gaspard</p><p>

Yoshi Tatsu</p><p>

Eric Escobar</p><p>

Low-Ki/Kaval</p><p>

Abraham Washington</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Trying to come up with some more obscure names.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40745" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Considering my bias....<p> </p><p> </p><p> Shantelle Taylor</p><p> <strong>Mickie James</strong></p><p> Gail Kim (she asked for her release)</p><p> Aloisia/Isis the Amazon</p><p> <strong>Layla El</strong></p><p> Jillian Hall</p><p> <strong>Serena Deeb</strong></p><p> Aksana</p><p> <strong>Maxine/Karlee Perez</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. Especially the ones in bold. In fact I have hired all of these women for my diva brand at some point. Some of them still play a very significant role.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40745" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>CM Punk (surprised no one's mentioned him)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I wouldn't call him underutilized. Not to the extent a Shannon Moore was at least. He was at his peak the number two guy in the company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AfRoMaN36" data-cite="AfRoMaN36" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40745" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wouldn't call him underutilized. Not to the extent a Shannon Moore was at least. He was at his peak the number two guy in the company.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I use Punk as more of a 'badly let down' worker as stated in the OP. Punk could've been transcendent. Perhaps even entering the pantheon of all time greats (Hogan, Savage, Rock, Austin, Taker, etc). And he was only #2 because the person in the top slot was more malleable to management, in my view.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="doseofstyle" data-cite="doseofstyle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40745" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Imagine if NXt was around earlier!!!<p> </p><p> I used to be the web guy for Paul Burchill when he left WWE, He is really nice, told me great stories, anyway he asked for his release as he knew wwe had nothing for him, He is now a trained Medic and has two kids!!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was worth me starting this thread just to hear that. Fantastic, am happy for him.</p><p> </p><p> FYI, the dynasty I talked about creating is a re-boot of one I made a while back which died before it even began. <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529269" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Here's a link</strong></a>.</p>

Archived