<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Anthony88" data-cite="Anthony88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40745" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes! I remember back in the mid-2000s loving Hassan because of how controversial that character was and then of course... WWE goes politically correct and squashes the character and the man in the process...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Typical Vince...</p>

Heres an idea,

If you could book a PPv on TEW Using Wrestlers that WWE have let go and were never a WWe or world champion, what would it be like?

lets simplified it. Never been wwe champion since that has always been the true title in wwe. Pretty much means 99.9% of every african american worker ever in wwe/f history.

All cause creative wanted a small pop on a character they were actually doing well with and treading lightly on a controversial subject.

Really shameful.

This right here...They had this generation's Iron Sheik perfectly in the palm of their hands and they distastefully threw in terrorists for no reason. He was a fantastic heel who didn't need that and it hurt him exactly one week later....I'm thinking of downloading a mod and rebooking the man.

It was after the London Bombings in 2005 when WWE was pressured to remove the Hassan character from TV and unfortunately they were never really find anything else to do with him... which is odd because Mark Copani, who was playing Muhammad Hassan, is 100% Italian. So this means that the guy has to be a decent actor and he was a hell of a talent.... I just think WWE figured that he would always be "Muhammad Hassan" to the fans so he could never be back on TV which is unfortunate because he was excellent.

I even heard one time that they were planning on giving him a huge push and eventually give him the World Title.

What a shame.

I liked the character, but I don't think he was built to last and considering the various terrorists attacks that have happened since then, I'm sure if they hadn't gotten rid of the gimmick then, they would have at some point over backlash over some of these other attacks. Had he still been around, he would have to have been repackaged with a new gimmick.

From what I remember Monty Brown (Marcus Cor Von) asked for his release (personal reasons) and Low Ki asked for his release because he realized his style didn't work in the WWE.

Monty Brown was awesome. I loved him in TNA and was excited when he came to WWE. I had hoped he would come back but he bailed on the business and never bothered.

Imagine if NXt was around earlier!!!

I used to be the web guy for Paul Burchill when he left WWE, He is really nice, told me great stories, anyway he asked for his release as he knew wwe had nothing for him, He is now a trained Medic and has two kids!!

I was so mad when that happened. They botched that gimmick with Katie Lea, but his pirate gimmick was awesome. It certainly helped that Pirates of the Caribbean was coming out at the time, but it was also the reason he was taken off TV as Vince didn't want any association with the movies and wasn't a fan of the gimmick.

This right here...They had this generation's Iron Sheik perfectly in the palm of their hands and they distastefully threw in terrorists for no reason. He was a fantastic heel who didn't need that and it hurt him exactly one week later....I'm thinking of downloading a mod and rebooking the man.

Closest one is probably the 2004 Ruthless Aggression (starts in January 04 with him still in developmental at OVW). There isn't a Hassan pic in the default folder for the mod, but.....................

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/brat99/Backgrounds/Real%20World/Mark%20Magnus_Hassan_B99.jpg

Problem solved.

Considering my bias....

Shantelle Taylor

Mickie James

Gail Kim (she asked for her release)

Aloisia/Isis the Amazon

Layla El

Jillian Hall

Serena Deeb

Aksana

Maxine/Karlee Perez

On the men's side:

Sylvester Terkay

Monty Brown (Marcus Cor Von)

Mike Knox

Jeff Hardy

Jim Ross (not a wrestler but...)

CM Punk (surprised no one's mentioned him)

JTG

Shad Gaspard

Yoshi Tatsu

Eric Escobar

Low-Ki/Kaval

Abraham Washington

Trying to come up with some more obscure names.

in wwe terms gail kim did well in wwe terms. (which is sad)

monty brown aka cor von. personal reason was his sister died. He gained custody of her kid. Which is honourable.

my top 2 picks

Chris harris and james storm

chase stevens and andy douglas.

actually go back on youtube and watch tna year 2002. You will like it and be shocked it was great. Actually the main tna page has uploaded the first 5 shows now. So there all great

heres the playlist^

• 2 weeks later...

Braden Walker? (Chris Harris)

Nick Nemeth (Dolph Ziggler = NO)

Brian Lee

There are many I would name, but I fear that reports claimed they were their own downfall, but a few honorable mentions:

Sim Snuka

Sabu

The Sandman

Axl Rotten

Big Bully Busick

La Parka

Matt Bourne (had he been allowed to go "full psycho" with his Heel Doink character and go evil clown style, that would have been a great sell in 1997-2002 era).

Petey (the guy with the flipping piledriver that was buried into becomming a Scott Steiner clone)

Then, those who have yet to get a chance and probably wont:

Dakota Darsow

Zema Ion (He could be a great 4th member of New Day)

Petey Williams was never in WWE. Neither was La Parka.

read the first post.

TNA, WWE, or other big company.

Braden Walker? (Chris Harris)

Nick Nemeth (Dolph Ziggler = NO)

Brian Lee

There are many I would name, but I fear that reports claimed they were their own downfall, but a few honorable mentions:

Sim Snuka

Sabu (dude watch ecw for real) How much higher can a spot monkey go in the ranks)

The Sandman

Axl Rotten

Big Bully Busick

La Parka

Matt Bourne (had he been allowed to go "full psycho" with his Heel Doink character and go evil clown style, that would have been a great sell in 1997-2002 era).

Petey (the guy with the flipping piledriver that was buried into becomming a Scott Steiner clone)

Then, those who have yet to get a chance and probably wont:

Dakota Darsow

Zema Ion (He could be a great 4th member of New Day)

Heel doink was awesome. WWF had a very tight leash there not to get sued by stephen king. Of course I have said the samething about the wyatt family. WWE could of restarted the corporate minsty this rumble. If HHH and brayt shook hands

sabu and sandman I feel were as big as they could be ever in ECW. They both were great at doing what they do. I imagine sabu vs sandman would be entertaining but be terrible wrestling match.

I felt like Sabu could have gone to the moon if he had been more professional, less drug using, and willing to work a bit on his technicals. Sandman could have just kinda become one of those vintage Tommy Dreamer characters who, even though you never expect him to have a "great" match, you love him anyway (kinda like The Dudleys right now?).

I also stated La Parka because he WAS a major player, big-time over and WCW missed an opportunity by not pushing him to the moon when he started playing his chair-guitar. Even during The Invasion, he would have made a HUGE impact just by being someone that is fun that fans like even if he wasn't Sting or Goldberg.

Doink was totally fired, like, 2 years too early. He could have gone big with his heel gimmick. He could have had great rivalries with new age outlaws, mick foley, undertaker, the rock, chris jericho, hardcore holly... all would have been fun matches, and Matt Bourne was a great worker. Barry Darsow as The Reaper Man could have also really made big waves in the attitude era because his gimmick (choking out bossman with that tow rope, great stuff) was perfect for it and he was totally a great worker - and a professional in an age of Prima Donnas. Big feuds for Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart right there. Darsow is on the list because he was in TNA for a few shots but didn't make it. Too bad, the son of Demolition Smash could have made a few waves there.

Sometimes, I like to think about who could still make it big - I mean, at one time, nobody thought "Stunning" Steve Austin would ever main event. And nobody cared about Rocky Miavia or Terry "The Hawk" Bradshaw. Some guys really had to outlast "themselves" in that regard.

I felt like Sabu could have gone to the moon if he had been more professional, less drug using, and willing to work a bit on his technicals. Sandman could have just kinda become one of those vintage Tommy Dreamer characters who, even though you never expect him to have a "great" match, you love him anyway (kinda like The Dudleys right now?).

I also stated La Parka because he WAS a major player, big-time over and WCW missed an opportunity by not pushing him to the moon when he started playing his chair-guitar. Even during The Invasion, he would have made a HUGE impact just by being someone that is fun that fans like even if he wasn't Sting or Goldberg.

Doink was totally fired, like, 2 years too early. He could have gone big with his heel gimmick. He could have had great rivalries with new age outlaws, mick foley, undertaker, the rock, chris jericho, hardcore holly... all would have been fun matches, and Matt Bourne was a great worker. Barry Darsow as The Reaper Man could have also really made big waves in the attitude era because his gimmick (choking out bossman with that tow rope, great stuff) was perfect for it and he was totally a great worker - and a professional in an age of Prima Donnas. Big feuds for Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart right there. Darsow is on the list because he was in TNA for a few shots but didn't make it. Too bad, the son of Demolition Smash could have made a few waves there.

Sometimes, I like to think about who could still make it big - I mean, at one time, nobody thought "Stunning" Steve Austin would ever main event. And nobody cared about Rocky Miavia or Terry "The Hawk" Bradshaw. Some guys really had to outlast "themselves" in that regard.

read the wcw book 25th anniversary. Fans didn't like goldberg. WCW edited out the boos and replaced with goldberg chants. After reading that book I didn't read care about wcw or wwf again. They have done so much bad stuff. Vince did so horrible things when trying to build wwf.

read the wcw book 25th anniversary. Fans didn't like goldberg. WCW edited out the boos and replaced with goldberg chants. After reading that book I didn't read care about wcw or wwf again. They have done so much bad stuff. Vince did so horrible things when trying to build wwf.

If its the "The Death of WCW" book you are referring to, you're wrong. I literally just finished reading it last night. They did lace segments with Goldberg chants, not because the fans were booing him, but rather they wanted it to seem like they were EVEN LOUDER than they already were for him. Of course this was leaned too heavily on and to quote the book:

"...soon shots began to appear of the crowd sitting there with their mouths closed amidst loud "GOLDBERG!" chants. Again, once the fans figured out the chants were being piped in, they stopped chanting so much."

That bit followed a paragraph talking about his mishandling. Specifically the "streak" and how it changed from week to week in an unrealistic, sometimes impossible, manner. Goldberg was over. Crazy over. So it wasn't that they were booing him.

I stopped caring right around his feud with Bam-Bam Bigelow and Wrath. Now, those would have been great singles matches, and the triangle match would have been a great way to cheat the belt onto Bam-Bam who can then "shock" the world by "finally doing it" (a great WCW response to Mick Foley "finally doing it" by the way), and that would have been exciting. Instead, they jumped the shark by putting Goldberg/Wrath/Bigelow/Steiner/Abbott and any other "tankish-big man" on the roster in these stupid 4-6 man main events that Goldberg would just squash everyone in, then have some bunk ending.

Those bunk endings, that he could only be beaten with such a load of bunk, that itself was a big problem. I don't miss it. I want everyone to be beatable. Brock is better (and more rounded of a character) now than Goldberg ever was. My favorite Goldberg match was his William Reagal Shoot, and I only learned later that Lord Steven was shooting. I just thought they wanted to give us something different. I also remember when they started using the DDP divorce angle with Buff Bagwell and Scott Steiner. I just couldn't take it anymore and quit watching. I eventually was baited back to watching WWE because of when Paul Heyman and Rhyno just kinda appeared on the roster out of nowhere, that caught my interest.

Goldberg wasn't getting booed, but some fans were booing him. More like he was getting a mixed reaction of X-Pac Heat, Boos, and some Cheers - and the 9 year old kids were about as loud as the boos (which gave a unique cheer/boo sound to him). Then the pipe-in chants just looked really fake and increased his x-pac heat. And most people knew he would lose to Nash, because he had beaten everyone else on the roster anywhere near the main event and Nash was being protected hardcore in his own bookings.

When the writing on the wall became clear, most people kinda felt like we wasted our time on Goldberg "just to have it end like that". Kinda like how Sting/Hogan at starcade went - it should have been the most over ass kicking with a heavy metal entrance, and instead... Hogan goes from "fearing Sting" for years, just to confidently strut to the ring, then Sting makes a boring entrance to slow, mellow music with no beat, rhythm or meter - then when the match finally started, hogan dominated and pinned him followed by a bunch of shenanigans leading to bret hard restarting the match and taking over as referee. He shouldn't have even been there.

I just couldn't care about WCW - but I liked a lot of the undercard. I liked Normon Smiley, Disco Inferno, Wrath, Bam-Bam. I liked some of the things they did - WCW v Japan World Cup, for example. I liked watching Chris Jericho, his Goldberg feud was the best of them all. He probably should have been the one to taint Goldberg with a loss because Jericho could have gone to the moon from it, and in the context of that feud, it wouldn't have hurt Goldberg.

Sorry for the long rant, I just don't get to reminisce old Nitros often.

Archived