Big or Small Roster?

The Women are integrated right? they are mostly all low in pop how did you build up their popularity when you don't have any to trade pop off?

Storylines and better match ratings then there pop? Heat is a b show with a b brand?

I would assume its a B show and its own brand while the women are still in their own division.

The show is a b brand, however they are integrated. They are almost ready to be an A show on their own and can carry consistent B+ ratings on TV/ A's on PPV with smart booking.

In the beginning I started by building my clear top stars/those that can carry a decent match (AJ, Lita, Kharma, Beth, Natalya, Layla). I focused on them, put them in angles with a high popularity GM (Stephanie, than Sunny). And carrying a decent rating on PPV gave them a popularity bump on its own.

Once they were established I started to build off them. I gave them rookie yeah partners/managers until they could hold their own. Rinse and repeat.

It took me three years to get to this point, nearly two to five them a PPV, but it was extremely rewarding to see the brand grow.

I have about 80 wrestlers, male & female on my current TNA save and I feel like that is just about right, if not a little too much. It breaks down to about 64 male and 16 female. Usually on PPVs, about 3/4 of the roster will be featured.

The one thing that is tough is trying to keep guys out of the lower midcard while bringing up new stars.

I do have a developmental promotion too, which I usally have 16-20 wrestlers in. Again, they constantly bitch they're not on the main roster but it is what it is. Development is good for really young projects, guys right out of training as well as guys you are just about to bring on the main roster. I started Trevor Lee in development, came up within a year and within a year of being on the main roster he's an Upper Midcarder.

I usually have a massive roster of wrestlers. We're talking 80-120 including the Women and then like 30-40 in NXT usually. If I see a wrestler who could be even a little bit helpful then I snap them up. I have a load of generated workers with potential, I think.

I do have two 2 hour shows, Raw and Smackdown, and I'm looking to get another one for the Women. Is it possible to ever get more than three shows? Because I'd like a B Show and a Womens Only show too.

Kind of varies. With smaller promotions, small rosters because I have to justify downsides and ppa contracts. With larger promotions, I prefer 10-15 people more because I tend to phase out older talent, and I also like to have backups for injuries and extra people to make my main guys look strong.

I'm the opposite. I like having more extra guys in smaller promotions so I don't run out of matchups. That's not a problem in the big companies, so I tend to stay closer to the roster limit.

Archived