Big or Small Roster?

Just wondering what do you guys prefer? A big, small or average size roster?

No matter what size company I am, I also like to have a large roster, and in the coming months figure out exactly which are my core guys, which are my secondarys, which are my jobbers and which are expendable.

Larger the promotion the larger the roster I have.

There are some drawbacks however.. it takes a long time to figure out where they all fit in my plans an often guys I like are crowded out, there no room in my core group but i like them too much to be job guys.

I have never had a small roster? is it easier to book? then just rotate guys through?

I found however that in the first C-verse I played on TEW05 that most the popular guys ae tied up and I would only be able to rotate the much lower pop guys which is why i got in the habit of hording talent.

Depends very much on the size of my company.

Atm. I'm playing as ECW in the 1996 Mod, and I simply cannot afford to have a large roster. So I'm sticking to the recommendations, plus a few more. My size is regional, and I have 30 active wrestlers, which is enough to fill out my cards.

If I'm playing as WWE, then obviously I want a much larger roster.

I always go into a game thinking I'll have a small roster but that never lasts long.

I know it's a game but I feel really bad for the workers that are unemployed. I imagine that it's the real world and they have families! lol Christmas time is the worst, I go on hiring sprees, and hire like everyone that's unemployed! By the time January rolls around I have like 100 workers and I only have a weekly two hours show! lol

Then I feel really bad when I have to fire someone

I usually have around the min required amount of guys.

I will try to maximize what i have rather than signing new guys every month.

I also get pretty attached to guys. Guys who are with me from the start usually stick around (unless they cause trouble backstage) till they show up on the decline and if they are good guys usually stay on as road agents or whatever.

I'm trying to get into the habit of trimming my roster down in games and forming relationships with other companies at my size or larger to bring in a special attraction for an appearance or two every so often, usually during the filler PPV's to get my guys over for the big PPV's

Have them with 4 appearences and appear on 3 weekly shows to have a little program to buil up their PPV match. They move on usually puting over my guy

It's to the point that I play one-player multiplayer games because I know that if I run only one fed, my roster will become massive. If I play as two or three feds, that gives me different places to hire all the people I really want to find a spot for.

Much like Winter8905 said, I'm trying to get into the habit of using relationships. Though mine is in order to grab a few low card guys as job fodder, which is typically my biggest issue: finding people to lose to my midcard to keep their losses mitigated.

Kind of varies. With smaller promotions, small rosters because I have to justify downsides and ppa contracts. With larger promotions, I prefer 10-15 people more because I tend to phase out older talent, and I also like to have backups for injuries and extra people to make my main guys look strong.

I always go into a game thinking I'll have a small roster but that never lasts long.

I know it's a game but I feel really bad for the workers that are unemployed. I imagine that it's the real world and they have families! lol Christmas time is the worst, I go on hiring sprees, and hire like everyone that's unemployed! By the time January rolls around I have like 100 workers and I only have a weekly two hours show! lol

Then I feel really bad when I have to fire someone

I feel ya. My one and half hours of TV always ends up with me having over 100 workers. Whether i create a promotion or play as an existing one.

In my ECW save, I have a 90 minute TV-show, but around 34 workers. If I want all my main-eventers and upper midcarders on every tv-show, then I need to book loads of tag matches. My problem is, I have no issues with firing people I know I'll never use, but then I go and hire someone new to replace them. So I just can't seem to keep my roster down.

I always run with a larger roster than I need, unless I'm running my local fed game and don't have the resources to do so. My reason is that I love seeing guys develop. One of my unspoken goals is to 'level up' as many workers as I can even if I'm just going to dump them after their contract is up. Maybe their stats will be good enough for another fed to employ them.

In my ECW save, I have a 90 minute TV-show, but around 34 workers. If I want all my main-eventers and upper midcarders on every tv-show, then I need to book loads of tag matches. My problem is, I have no issues with firing people I know I'll never use, but then I go and hire someone new to replace them. So I just can't seem to keep my roster down.

I have the same problem, I have 16 Main/Upper Midcarders and 1hr 30 minute TV show. The only way to get everyone on the show (including women who bring in my higher ratings now) is to do multi team matches and 5 v 5 matches. I have a total of 51 workers on my roster and only 6/7 storylines at a time.

I don't think it's any surprise to anybody who's been around here for long that I'm a big fan of playing small. I'm never at a loss for talent. Everybody is replaceable if need be. Even my top attraction can theoretically be fired at a moment's notice and I can pretty well roll on. Might mess up storylines and such but as a small company it's not hard to put a new guy over and make him the man instead. There have been games where I'd have somebody start as my bottom of the barrel jobber and he'd finish off as my world champ. It's been ages since I was comfortable with juggling guys and not having everybody working on every card. I can be a lot more freewheeling and relaxed about my talent going elsewhere when I'm small. There are always rookies needing that first job to get off their careers off the ground and I can elevate the rest of the roster accordingly. Won't hurt my popularity much because I typically don't have a great deal anyway. And I love it that way. Been doing it since midway through the life cycle of TEW 08 and I can't imagine re-training myself to play big again.

I can't get into a game if I'm running a small roster, it starts to feel repetitive to me after a few months so I tend to have larger rosters usually with 2 or 3 brands depending on how large the roster is that are each booked as if they are a different promotion with 2 massive super shows a year where the top guys from each brand face each other to decide the number one contenders for each world title (Heavyweight, Tag, and Women's) which are the only belts shared by each company NWA style.

With WWE I always run a super bloated roster but take out every show except Raw. So I end up with too many workers, 3 hours of TV per week and one PPV per month. I absolutely love it.

With regional-cult companies that I run as, I usually stick between 25-40 wrestlers.

My WWE roster is bloated to all hell. 121 wrestlers across three brands, RAW Smackdown and Heat (a women's brand).

I like others, have tried to wean down my roster in the past, only to immediately replace the people I release or to call up someone new. I have a long term goal of phasing out one of my male brands and just having one mens brand and one women's brand. However in order to do that I would have to release tons of talent, some I've developed from nothing and have grown quite fond of. It also means having one massively bloated mens roster and thus forcing me to push down some workers which I don't like to do. I can't bring myself to do it, but running three huge brands at once is taxing.

My WWE roster is bloated to all hell. 121 wrestlers across three brands, RAW Smackdown and Heat (a women's brand).

I like others, have tried to wean down my roster in the past, only to immediately replace the people I release or to call up someone new. I have a long term goal of phasing out one of my male brands and just having one mens brand and one women's brand. However in order to do that I would have to release tons of talent, some I've developed from nothing and have grown quite fond of. It also means having one massively bloated mens roster and thus forcing me to push down some workers which I don't like to do. I can't bring myself to do it, but running three huge brands at once is taxing.

I love your concept of a womens brand. Always thought it would be a big help to give the women TV time and the chance to get over. How much has it helped in terms of them getting over?

I love your concept of a womens brand. Always thought it would be a big help to give the women TV time and the chance to get over. How much has it helped in terms of them getting over?

It's gotten the women's wrestlers 1000x more over. While not "stacked" the depth on my women's roster compares to what an average WWE roster would look like. Talent wise, they are not 100% on the same level as the men in my game, but many are rapidly developing into solid performers.

It dis mean I had to raid the indys for women's talent. The indy scene is bone dry so I'm cooling off the raiding for now.

Archived