DAVE's Roster Question

Is there a place (or someone) that can tell me what workers worked for DAVE and were "known" for their work with the company? The big ones I know of are Big Cat Brandon, and Eric Tyler. That's about it. I think New Wave and Sammy Bach also started there, but I'm not sure.

I'm wanting to start a DAVE invasion story after my Supreme Challenge in 3 months, and would like to start planning it now.

Thanks for the help!

Is there a place (or someone) that can tell me what workers worked for DAVE and were "known" for their work with the company? The big ones I know of are Big Cat Brandon, and Eric Tyler. That's about it. I think New Wave and Sammy Bach also started there, but I'm not sure.

I'm wanting to start a DAVE invasion story after my Supreme Challenge in 3 months, and would like to start planning it now.

Thanks for the help!

Simple. Go to the promotions tab. Filter it by inactive promotions. Go to DAVE than alumni for a full roster. But you also have DAVEs full profile

Simple. Go to the promotions tab. Filter it by inactive promotions. Go to DAVE than alumni for a full roster. But you also have DAVEs full profile

Ohhh I feel like an idiot. Didn't even think of that.

Are their any that embody DAVE? Like how Sting WAS WCW and how The Undertaker IS a WWE guy.

Ohhh I feel like an idiot. Didn't even think of that.

Are their any that embody DAVE? Like how Sting WAS WCW and how The Undertaker IS a WWE guy.

Asking the wrong guy there. Havnt been playing TEW too long. Id look at their former champions. TCW has a ton of guys that were former DAVE members also.

But The Peak brothers, Guide and Scout, Joey Minnesota, Sammy Bach are just a few I remember

With a lot of those ave members geting on in years do you reckon that in the next game their will be a Dave revival promotion featuring a lot of the originals? or maybe PSW having an invasion?

I don't believe DaVE will make its return in the database. It's like ECW in the sense that it's "dead" and most of the wrestlers have "moved on." That said, I think a revival by an individual player would be a lot of fun. As you said, these guys are getting up there in age (the ones that are available to you) and it's going to fall on the booker to bridge the "old school" with the "new school."

How do you create new stars (without trampling the old ones -- who wouldn't want to job in DaVE, a company they built)?

It'd be fun!

Chris Caulfield, Nemesis, Phil Vibert, Mitch Naess, Johnny Martin, JD Morgan, Acid, The New Wave, The Darkness Warriors, Big Cat Brandon, Eric Tyler, The Peak Brothers, Kurt Laramee, Bryan Holmes, Emma Chase, Art Reed, The Wolverine, Vengeance, Freddie Datsun, Henry Lee. Any guys from that list would fit right in to a DAVE invasion. If you wished you could add Joey Minnesota and Jack Giedroyc (Rogue) to that list if you wanted. They were in DAVE just before it closed.

Main guys would be Vibert, Nemesis, Caulfield, Tyler, Naess, Morgan, Martin, Datsun, Holmes, Chase, Vengeance.

Hope this helps you out.

I don't believe DaVE will make its return in the database. It's like ECW in the sense that it's "dead" and most of the wrestlers have "moved on." That said, I think a revival by an individual player would be a lot of fun. As you said, these guys are getting up there in age (the ones that are available to you) and it's going to fall on the booker to bridge the "old school" with the "new school."

How do you create new stars (without trampling the old ones -- who wouldn't want to job in DaVE, a company they built)?

It'd be fun!

I've tried a revival and honestly it's not as fun as you think. Most of the DAVE guys that arent ancient are down to written contracts so after being bored very quickly due to the lack of actual DAVE originals in the company I took some guys out of their written deals and put them into DAVE. It still wasn't fun due to the fact that most of the DAVE guys are in TD or retired. Not being able to have Nem and Tyler wrestling feels really wrong.

I've tried a revival and honestly it's not as fun as you think. Most of the DAVE guys that arent ancient are down to written contracts so after being bored very quickly due to the lack of actual DAVE originals in the company I took some guys out of their written deals and put them into DAVE. It still wasn't fun due to the fact that most of the DAVE guys are in TD or retired. Not being able to have Nem and Tyler wrestling feels really wrong.

Yea, Nemesis and Tyler would have to be in managerial roles. That said, you could use their presence to build new stars underneath them. Nemesis leads what he believes DaVE is all about (and needs) with people who are more on the innovative hardcore types. Meanwhile, Tyler has a new faction that embodies his traditionalist mentality. It's almost like the old UFC reality TV show with coaches versus one another (with their guys underneath them learning the ropes).

Man, that's a solid roster. I kinda hope the 2005 data gets updated to TEW 2016 again so that they can be played.

I dunno if you're talking about my list, but if you are thanks. Seems that you brought it up, I myself was actually thinking about making a 2005 and 2007 database for CVerse when TEW 2016 comes out.

Yea, Nemesis and Tyler would have to be in managerial roles. That said, you could use their presence to build new stars underneath them. Nemesis leads what he believes DaVE is all about (and needs) with people who are more on the innovative hardcore types. Meanwhile, Tyler has a new faction that embodies his traditionalist mentality. It's almost like the old UFC reality TV show with coaches versus one another (with their guys underneath them learning the ropes).

I like that idea but as someone who is a fan of DAVE (obviously) I like the original guys. I love the 97 database because of it so I just didn't enjoy it

I dunno if you're talking about my list, but if you are thanks. Seems that you brought it up, I myself was actually thinking about making a 2005 and 2007 database for CVerse when TEW 2016 comes out.

Yeah, indeed I was. And I did update the 2008 default data to 2013 at one point. It ends up being a lot of work, even if you just run it through the converters and then adjusting. But if you want the work to be filled in properly, it means importing a lot of companies and workers that didn't exist in the 2005/2007 databases.

I do love the 1997 data, but I find it hard not to get entirely caught up on the guys who would become really good workers down the road. That can actually end up being detrimental at times.

Tyler still has decent stats. Not sure about Nemesis. I'm sure Tyler could work a couple matches as part of a big angle like an invasion. Nemesis could bring in his son and have him be the man behind THE man so to speak. If his attributes lend themselves to being able to work, maybe a tag match with his son at the least. Could base a ppv around the idea of DAVE vs SWF.

Yeah, indeed I was. And I did update the 2008 default data to 2013 at one point. It ends up being a lot of work, even if you just run it through the converters and then adjusting. But if you want the work to be filled in properly, it means importing a lot of companies and workers that didn't exist in the 2005/2007 databases.

I do love the 1997 data, but I find it hard not to get entirely caught up on the guys who would become really good workers down the road. That can actually end up being detrimental at times.

Well I'm gonna try my best anyway. We'll see how it goes.

I am a huge fan of the 1997 data as well. One of the best around.

It'd be fun!

It could be like an extreme version of USPW, where it's oriented at the old product, but a nostalgia home for the old talent, to just put on brutal matches beating the holy hell out of each other with the occasional skilled match.

Archived