Running the ball

I think running the ball in many cases is unrealistic in this game. It seems like no matter who you have on your line and at RB, it is sometimes impossible to run the ball near the goalline or in short yardage. I shouldn't have an offensive line of blue chippers with a blue chip RB and FB getting stuffed by Hawaii all the time

Probably my biggest complaint in the game in regards to realism. I think I've simmed close to 200 seasons now and I've never had a back average many yards unless I let the computer call the plays. My lead back tends to average 3.5 - 4.0 yards per carry; in modern college football, the best teams' featured backs are typically in the 5.5 - 6.0 range. That's why they're the best teams.

Goal-line running is especially onerous. If I've got 1st and goal from the 1, three rushes will usually get me in, but if it's much further out, I've got little chance. Meanwhile, the computer manages to find its way in as often as not.

The only championships I've won have come from either the West Coast, Vertical or Run-N-Gun schemes. The Balanced scheme drives me nuts for lack of a running game. I can fix this to some degree by letting the computer run everything, but that's not fun.

Archived