ROH 88: A Vengeful Dragon

ROH 88: A Vengeful Dragon

Just started playing the Main Event 1988 mod and have never done a dynasty before but figured I would give it a shot. I will just be posting results of the shows with quick notes on story development or anything else that is noteworthy during the segment, so that I can keep the dynasty moving at a good pace as I want it to be a lengthy one. For anyone wondering why I am using Ring of Honor, it's due to me being a stickler for detail so I like having the logos, titles, etc.

I have a PPV deal with Cablevision and Cablevision (Canada) plus a TV deal with MTV for a live 1 hour show every Monday called ROH Fight Night. I'm going to start off by holding the inaugural ROH Grand Prix to crown the first ever ROH World Champion. It will be a lot like NJPW's G1 with two blocks of wrestlers. Everyone faces everyone in their block with the two block winners facing off in the finals. After this I'm planning on using the ROH Grand Prix to decide the challenger for the ROH World Championship at ROH Final Battle, Ring of Honor's biggest show of the year.

"In 1987, several weeks after winning the Intercontinental Championship in one of the greatest wrestling matches of all time, Ricky Steamboat asked WWF owner Vince McMahon for some time off to be with his wife Bonnie, who was expecting the birth of their first son, Richard, Jr. This did not sit well with WWF management as he had been groomed to become a long-term Intercontinental Champion. The decision was made by WWF management to punish Steamboat by stripping him of the title. This led to tension between Vince McMahon and Steamboat as well as Steamboat being granted his release in April of 1988. The next month, Steamboat created his own company, Ring of Honor, with the goal of one day competing with the WWF. There's a lot of buzz around the new promotion, but can Steamboat take the company to the top or will it tank. . . ."

Quick Links

ROH Roster & Hall of Champions *I will be updating this as the dynasty continues*

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120412&postcount=3

ROH Fight Night - Sunday, Week 4, February 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120422&postcount=4

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 1, March 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120425&postcount=5

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 2, March 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120432&postcount=7

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 3, March 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120435&postcount=9

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 4, March 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120657&postcount=12

ROH Grand Prix I - Sunday, Week 4, March 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120665&postcount=13

World Notes - April 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120671&postcount=14

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 1, April 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120890&postcount=15

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 2, April 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2120899&postcount=16

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 3, April 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2121292&postcount=17

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 4, April 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2121458&postcount=18

ROH Final Battle 1988 - Sunday, Week 4, April 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2121651&postcount=20

World Notes - May 1988

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2121655&postcount=21

ROH Roster

Faces

Ricky Steamboat (ME)

Shawn Michaels (ME)

Marty Jannetty (UM)

Big Bossman (UM)

Razor Ramon (UM)

Bob Backlund (UM)

Diamond Dallas Page (M)

Brad Rheingans (M)

Owen Hart(M)

Brian Pillman (LM)

Dean Malenko(LM)

Cactus Jack (LM)

Eddie Guerrero (LM)

Heels

Jerry Lawler (ME)

Road Warrior Animal (ME)

Road Warrior Hawk (ME)

Mr.Perfect (UM)

Earthquake (M)

The Great Muta (M)

Vader (M)

Jeff Jarrett (M)

The Undertaker (M)

Steven Regal (LM)

Chris Benoit (LM)

Masahiro Chono (LM)

Taz (LM)

Tag Teams

The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hawk)

The Rockers (Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty)

The Great Muta & Chono (The Great Muta & Masahiro Chono)

Stables

The Kingdom (Jerry Lawler, Jeff Jarrett & Steven Regal)

Announcers

Bill Mercer (A)

Paul Heyman (CC)

Hall of Champions

ROH World Champion - Jerry "The King" Lawler - Length:0 days/Defenses:0

- defeated Ricky Steamboat to win the ROH World Championship (Sunday, Week 4, April 1988 at ROH Final Battle 1988)

Past Champions

Ricky Steamboat - Length:28 days/Defenses:0

- defeated Mr.Perfect to win the ROH World Championship (Sunday, Week 4, March 1988 at ROH Grand Prix I)

ROH Tag Team Champions - The Road Warriors - Length:29 days/Defenses:1

- defeated The Rockers to retain the ROH Tag Team Championships (Sunday, Week 4, April 1988 at ROH Final Battle 1988)

- defeated The Rockers to win the ROH Tag Team Championships (Sunday, Week 4, March 1988 at ROH Grand Prix I)

ROH Grand Prix Champions

1988 - Ricky Steamboat

ROH Fight Night - Sunday, Week 4, February 1988

Segment #1: Ricky Steamboat Opens The Show In The Middle Of The Ring

Ricky Steamboat welcomes everyone to the debut of ROH. Steamboat announces the inaugural ROH Grand Prix will start tomorrow on MTV, but tonight is a chance for each wrestler to show what they've got.

Rating: 71

Segment #2: Vader defeated Cactus Jack at 8:23 by pinfall

Rating: 56

Segment #3: Post Match Beat Down By Vader

Vader continues to beat down Jack while the ref tries his best to stop the monster. Finally Vader is talked down by Steamboat, a few other lower midcard wrestlers and a ton of security. Jack is left lying in the ring with paramedics trying to check on him, but Jack refuses the help and makes his way to the back under his own power.

Rating: 19

Segment #4: The Big Bossman defeated Taz in 7:46 by pinfall

Segment #5: Bob Backlund defeated Chris Benoit in 11:46 by pinfall

Rating: 63

Segment #6: Undertaker Vignette

Undertaker is shown working on a casket warning those that oppose him that they will Rest In Peace.

Rating: 40

Segment #7: Earthquake defeated Brad Rheingans in 7:55 by pinfall

Rating: 51

Segment #8: The Road Warriors defeated Owen Hart & Eddie Guerrero in 11:42 by pinfall

Rating: 64

Segment #9: The Great Muta defeated DDP & Masahiro Chono in 13:34 by pinfall

Rating: 68

Segment #10: Lawler & Mr.Perfect Rant About Steamboat & Ramon

Segment #11: The Rockers defeated Jarrett & Regal in 12:01 by pinfall

Rating: 81

Segment #12: Steamboat & Ramon defeated Lawler & Mr.Perfect in 15:41 by pinfall

Rating: 79

Overall Rating = 76

Buy Rate = 0.83

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 1, March 1988

Segment #1: Ricky Steamboat Opens The Show In The Middle Of The Ring

Ricky Steamboat welcomes everyone to the debut of ROH Fight Night on MTV. Steamboat announces the inaugural ROH Grand Prix competitors which he hand picked himself. The ROH Grand Prix consists of two blocks with four wrestlers each. Each wrestler faces everyone in their block with the two block winners facing off for the ROH World Championship at ROH Grand Prix I.

BLOCK A

1. Ricky Steamboat

2. Razor Ramon

3. The Great Muta

4. Jerry Lawler

BLOCK B

1. Mr. Perfect

2. Vader

3. Big Bossman

4. Bob Backlund

Segment #2: The Road Warriors defeated Brian Pillman & Dean Malenko in 8:02 by pinfall

Rating: 76

Segment #3: ROH Grand Prix Block B Match: Mr.Perfect defeated Bob Backlund in 11:35 by submission

Rating: 80

Segment #4: Mercer & Heyman Recap Vader`s Attack On Cactus Jack

Rating: 40

Segment #5: ROH Grand Prix Block B Match: Vader defeated Big Bossman in 9:33 by pinfall

Segment #6: Lawler Hypes ROH Grand Prix Match Against Steamboat

Lawler says he`s going to embarrass Steamboat in his own company then go on to become the first ever ROH World Champion.

Segment #7: ROH Grand Prix Block A Match: Ricky Steamboat defeated Jerry Lawler in 13:44 by pinfall

Rating: 82

Overall Rating = 78

TV Rating = 1.24

*Updated ROH Grand Prix I Standings*

BLOCK A

1. Ricky Steamboat (1-0)

2. Razor Ramon (0-0)

3. The Great Muta (0-0)

4. Jerry Lawler (0-1)

BLOCK B

1. Mr. Perfect (1-0)

2. Vader (1-0)

3. Big Bossman (0-1)

4. Bob Backlund (0-1)

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 2, March 1988

Segment #1: Owen Hart & Brad Rheingans defeated Taz & Chris Benoit in 6:26 by pinfall

Rating: 46

Segment #2: Dean Malenko defeated Masahiro Chono in 5:31 by submission

Rating: 57

Segment #3: ROH Grand Prix Block A Match: Razor Ramon defeated The Great Muta in 9:59 by pinfall

Rating: 66

Segment #4: Undertaker Vignette

The Undertaker is shown digging a grave warning everyone in ROH that he`s on his way and one way or another they will all Rest In Peace.

Rating: 21

Segment #5: The Rockers defeated Steven Regal & Jeff Jarrett in 7:38 by pinfall

Rating: 73

Segment #6: ROH Grand Prix Block B Match: Big Bossman defeated Bob Backlund in 11:51 by pinfall

Rating: 61

Overall Rating = 60

TV Rating = 1.11

BLOCK A

1. Ricky Steamboat (1-0)

2. Razor Ramon (1-0)

3. The Great Muta (0-1)

4. Jerry Lawler (0-1)

BLOCK B

1. Mr. Perfect (1-0)

2. Vader (1-0)

3. Big Bossman (1-1)

4. Bob Backlund (0-2)

How is Scott Hall a Main Eventer and Steamboat Upper Midcard in 1988? Might be a better question for the mod maker.I will be reading this looks interesting.

I think it may be because of the guys I signed (a lot of young guys) and the fact I`m only at Cult opposed to National.

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 3, March 1988

Segment #1: Jack rants about Vader

Cactus Jack says while Vader may be a monster he hasn`t seen the dark side of Cactus Jack.

Rating: 37

Segment #2: ROH Grand Prix Block B Match: Vader defeated Bob Backlund in 7:34 by pinfall

Rating: 59

Segment #3: ROH Grand Prix Block B Match: Mr. Perfect defeated Big Bossman in 11:42 by pinfall but had his feet on the ropes

Segment #4: Lawler Hypes His Match Against Ramon

Lawler says while he can`t win the ROH Grand Prix, he can spoil Ramon`s shot at winning it.

Rating: 49

Segment #5: ROH Grand Prix Block A Match: Razor Ramon defeated Jerry Lawler in 8:07 by pinfall

Rating: 69

Segment #6: ROH Grand Prix Block A Match: Ricky Steamboat defeated The Great Muta in 10:25 by pinfall

Overall Rating = 72

TV Rating = 1.29

BLOCK A

1. Ricky Steamboat (2-0)

2. Razor Ramon (2-0)

3. The Great Muta (0-2)

4. Jerry Lawler (0-2)

BLOCK B

1. Mr. Perfect (2-0)

2. Vader (2-0)

3. Big Bossman (1-2)

4. Bob Backlund (0-3)

I took a look back at the data, and the highest pop Scott Hall had was C- in the Mid West. As of right now, I have Ricky Steamboat at B- across the board in the US. I may have had him as a Technician for his style in the old data, but I have since changed his style to Regular Wrestler as he would go on to main event in the NWA. So other than that, not sure how Hall is auto-pushing to main event in 1988 and Steamboat at Upper Midcarder.

I took a look back at the data, and the highest pop Scott Hall had was C- in the Mid West. As of right now, I have Ricky Steamboat at B- across the board in the US. I may have had him as a Technician for his style in the old data, but I have since changed his style to Regular Wrestler as he would go on to main event in the NWA. So other than that, not sure how Hall is auto-pushing to main event in 1988 and Steamboat at Upper Midcarder.

I agree it's very odd Hall is in my main event but I can see Steamboat being an Upper Midcarder as this wasn't long after his great match with Randy Savage at Wrestlemania III. I auto pushed the guys as I signed them and I know in my past games when I did that sometimes they auto push them higher than they should at first. Once you have your whole roster signed and do the auto push again they will sometimes move guys down a spot or two. Maybe that's what has happened here as I haven't done the auto push again and don't plan to till after my ROH Grand Prix show. Works out though as I want to push Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) and have Ricky Steamboat in my main event scene.

Any predictions as to who may move on to the ROH Grand Prix Finals? Who the first ROH World Champion will be?

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 4, March 1988

Segment #1: Bill Mercer & Paul Heyman Hype Ramon vs Steamboat And Vader vs Perfect

Segment #2: Dean Malenko & Brad Rheingans defeated Jeff Jarrett & Steven Regal in 8:19 by submission

Segment #3: ROH Grand Prix Block A Match: Jerry Lawler defeated The Great Muta in 10:28 by pinfall

Segment #4: Steamboat Announces A Four Team Tag Team Tournament To Crown The First ROH Tag Team Champions At ROH Grand Prix

Rating: 86

Segment #5: ROH Grand Prix Block B Match: Mr. Perfect defeated Vader in 9:51 by pinfall due to interference from Cactus Jack

Near the end of the match, Perfect used the ref as a shield when Vader went for a body avalanche, leaving the ref down and out. Despite this, Vader hit the Vader Bomb and went for the pin, but Cactus Jack emerged from the crowd with a steel chair and smashed Vader in the face opening him up badly. Mr. Perfect and the ref came to just in time as Perfect got the pin and moves on to the ROH Grand Prix Finals. When Vader came to he was absolutely livid and screaming for Cactus Jack before heading to the back to have the gash on his forehead closed.

Rating: 65

Segment #6: ROH Grand Prix Block A Match: Ricky Steamboat defeated Razor Ramon in 14:17 by pinfall

During the match, Mr. Perfect made his way down to do color commentary and at one point distracted Steamboat. Post match, Perfect and Steamboat have a stare down with Perfect motioning the ROH World Championship is his.

Overall Rating = 77

TV Rating = 1.22

*Final ROH Grand Prix I Standings*

BLOCK A

1. Ricky Steamboat (3-0)

2. Razor Ramon (2-1)

3. Jerry Lawler (1-2)

4. The Great Muta (0-3)

BLOCK B

1. Mr. Perfect (3-0)

2. Vader (2-1)

3. Big Bossman (1-2)

4. Bob Backlund (0-3)

ROH Grand Prix - Sunday, Week 4, March 1988

ROH Grand Prix Finals For ROH World Championship

Ricky Steamboat vs Mr. Perfect

ROH Tag Team Championship Tournament Finals

??? vs ???

ROH Tag Team Championship Tournament Semi Final #1

??? vs ???

ROH Tag Team Championship Tournament Semi Final #2

??? vs ???

Including appearances from Jerry Lawler, Big Bossman, The Rockers, Razor Ramon, The Road Warriors and many more

ROH Grand Prix I - Sunday, Week 4, March 1988

Segment #1: Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, Brian Pillman & Bob Backlund defeated Steven Regal, Jeff Jarrett, Chris Benoit & Taz in 7:46 by pinfall when Backlund pinned Benoit

Segment #2: Vader Rants About Cactus Jack

Vader says Jack will pay for his actions with his career!

Rating: 27

Segment #3: ROH Tag Team Tournament Semi Final #1 - The Rockers defeated The Great Muta & Masahiro Chono in 9:45 by pinfall

Rating: 74

Segment #4: ROH Tag Team Tournament Semi Final #2 - The Road Warriors defeated Dean Malenko & Brad Rheingans in 12:21 by pinfall

Rating: 64

Segment #5: Razor Ramon vs The Big Bossman vs Jerry Lawler Hyped *Winner of the match will receive a ROH World Title Shot at ROH Final Battle*

Vader was supposed to be in the match but has been ordered not to compete by ROH doctors due to receiving 11 staples to close the gash on his head caused by Cactus Jack.

Rating: 45

Segment #6: Jerry Lawler defeated Razor Ramon and The Big Bossman in 16:32 by pinfall

Lawler hit Bossman over the head with his nightstick while the refs back was turned.

Segment #7: Mr. Perfect Hypes ROH Grand Prix Finals Match Against Ricky Steamboat To Crown The First Ever ROH World Champion

Rating: 78

Segment #8: ROH Tag Team Tournament Finals - The Road Warriors defeated The Rockers in 15:36 by pinfall to become the new ROH Tag Team Champions

Rating: 85

Segment #9: ROH Grand Prix Finals - Ricky Steamboat defeated Mr. Perfect in 17:43 by pinfall to win the ROH Grand Prix and become the new ROH World Champion

Overall Rating = 82

Buy Rate = 1.06

World Notes - April 1988

Company Wars

#1 - WWF (National)

WWF Heavyweight Champion - Hulk Hogan

WWF Intercontinental Champion - Honky Tonk Man

WWF Tag Team Champions - Tito Santana & Rick Martel

#2 - NJPW (National)

IWGP Heavyweight Champion - Antonio Inoki

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion - Nobuhiko Takada (2)

IWGP Tag Team Champions - Kengo Kimura & Tatsumi Fujinami (3)

#3 - AJPW (National)

NWA Heavyweight Champion - Jumbo Tsuruta (2)

PWF World Heavyweight Champion - Stan Hansen (3)

PWF World Tag Team Champions - Ashura Hara & Genichiro Tenryu

#4 - CMLL (National)

NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion - Cien Caras

NWA World Middleweight Champion - Kung Fu

Mexican National Tag Team Champions - Masakre & MS-1

#5 - ROH (Cult)

ROH World Champion - Ricky Steamboat

ROH Tag Team Champions - The Road Warriors

Other Notes

- WWF held Wrestlemania IV at the end of March headlined by Honky Tonk Man and Jake Roberts defeating The Mega Powers. The event got a rating of 86 and a buyrate of 2.35

- The NWA currently sits at #7 in the Company Wars with NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair

- Both Bobby Heenan and Larry Zbyszko re-signed with the NWA

- My Backstage Rating is at 85% and I made it a bit without any negatives until Scott Hall took some shots at Jerry Lawler in an online interview

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 1, April 1988

Segment #1: Steamboat Books Bossman vs Lawler And Lawler vs Ramon; If Ramon/Bossman Win They Are Included In The ROH World World Championship Match At ROH Final Battle

Razor Ramon calls Jerry "The King" Lawler a coward for using Bossman's nightstick to win the triple threat match at ROH Grand Prix I and wants a match with Lawler for his ROH World Title Shot. The Big Bossman interrupts Ramon and says if Ramon gets a chance at Lawler and his title shot, he wants in too. This brings out Ricky Steamboat who agrees with Ramon and Bossman that it's bullsh*t Lawler cheated to get a ROH World Title Shot, but the ref's decision stands and he won't take away Lawler's title shot. However, he will give Ramon and Bossman a chance to be in the ROH World Championship at ROH Final Battle. Bossman will face Lawler tonight and if he wins, the match will become a triple threat match. Then next week, Ramon will face Lawler and if he wins, the match will become a fatal four way match. Each man's fate is in their own hands. Steamboat wishes them good luck and hopes to see them both at ROH Final Battle.

Segment #2: The Great Muta & Chono defeated Brad Rheingans & Dean Malenko in 8:09 by pinfall

Segment #3: Vader vs. Cactus Jack Rematch Hyped For Next Week

Rating: 25

Segment #4: Diamond Dallas Page defeated Jeff Jarrett in 7:37 by pinfall

Near the end of the match, DDP is distracted while setting up the Diamond Cutter when the lights go out followed by an ominous gong. Eventually the lights come back on and Jarrett attempts a roll up, but it only leads to a two count. As soon as Jarrett gets up, DDP hits him with a Diamond Cutter for the 1-2-3.

Rating: 62

Segment #5: The Road Warriors defeated Owen Hart & Bob Backlund in 10:13 by pinfall

The Rockers were on commentary for the match and made sure everyone knew that they want a rematch against The Road Warriors for the ROH Tag Team Championships.

Segment #6: Jerry "The King" Lawler Rants About Steamboat

Lawler calls Steamboat an idiot for giving Bossman and Ramon a chance to be in the ROH World Championship match at ROH Final Battle because if the match becomes a triple threat or fatal four way then Steamboat doesn't need to be pinned to lose the title. Lawler says it doesn't matter though cause no matter what he's walking out of ROH Final Battle as the ROH World Champion and after that Steamboat will be forced to bow down and kiss The King's feet.

Segment #7: Jerry "The King" Lawler defeated The Big Bossman in 11:37 by pinfall with a handful of tights

Steamboat is on commentary for the match and stops Lawler from once again using the nightstick to his advantage. Despite Steamboat's best efforts to make sure the match ended clean, Lawler managed to grab the tights on Bossman and steal a victory.

Rating: 77

Overall Rating = 74

TV Rating = 1.24

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 2, April 1988

Segment #1: Vader and Cactus Jack went to a double count out at 5:51

Rating: 54

Segment #2: Mr. Perfect And Ramon Have A Heated Confrontation Backstage

Razor Ramon and Mr. Perfect come face to face backstage. Perfect claims Ramon doesn't deserve another shot at the ROH World Championship and it should be him in the main event of ROH Final Battle. Ramon reminds Perfect he had his chance and blew it. Perfect says while that may be true at least he took his loss like a man instead of whining about it like a b*tch. Ramon, enraged by the comments, challenges Perfect to a fight, but Perfect just smirks and backs off.

Segment #3: Steven Regal, Chris Benoit & Jeff Jarrett defeated Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart & Dean Malenko in 8:47 by pinfall when Benoit pinned Guerrero

Segment #4: Vader And Cactus Jack Continue Brawling Backstage Before Being Separated By Wrestlers And Security

Vader and Cactus Jack are still tearing each other apart backstage and at the same time destroying everything they encounter. Finally numerous wrestlers and security members are able to pull the two apart.

Rating: 18

Segment #5: Earthquake defeated Brad Rheingans in 8:23 by pinfall

Rating: 58

Segment #6: Steamboat Books Bossman & A Mystery Partner vs The Rockers For ROH Tag Team Title Shot

The Big Bossman is seen backstage talking to Ricky Steamboat and still fuming over being screwed out of a ROH World Championship title shot for the second time by Jerry Lawler. Steamboat says he knows how Bossman feels, so to make it up to him he's booked him in a tag match against The Rockers with a partner of his choosing and the winners will earn a ROH Tag Team title shot at ROH Final Battle. Bossman thanks Steamboat and says he already has someone in mind.

Rating: 70

Segment #7: Jerry Lawler defeated Razor Ramon in 7:52 by pinfall following interference by Mr.Perfect

Near the end of the match, Lawler stole the ROH World Championship from Ricky Steamboat who was on commentary and attempted to attack Ramon with it but was stopped by Steamboat. While the ref was distracted with Steamboat and Lawler, Mr. Perfect snuck in the ring and hit Ramon with the Perfect Plex allowing Lawler to pick up the win.

The Big Bossman makes his entrance and the mystery partner joining him is . . . . . DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE!!!

Segment #8: The Rockers defeated The Big Bossman & Diamond Dallas Page in 9:43 by pinfall when Michaels pinned DDP

With Jannetty and Bossman fighting down the aisle, Diamond Dallas Page was about to hit Michaels with the Diamond Cutter when again the lights go out followed by a gong, but this time "RIP DDP" appears on the titan tron. DDP looks on confused by what he's seeing and when the lights come back on he turns around into a superkick by Michaels leading to the 1-2-3.

Overall Rating = 76

TV Rating = 1.21

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 3, April 1988

Segment #1: The Road Warriors defeated Owen Hart & Brian Pillman in 5:39 by pinfall

The Rockers were on commentary hyping their rematch with The Road Warriors at ROH Final Battle for the ROH Tag Team Championships. At one point during the match Road Warrior Hawk got distracted arguing with Shawn Michaels.

Rating: 73

Segment #2: DDP Calls Out The Mystery Person Playing Mind Games With Him But Gets No Answer

DDP says he's had enough of the mind games over the last two weeks and calls out the mystery person to face him like a man. Unfortunately for DDP all he gets is Masahiro Chono who is there for his match against DDP.

Rating: 33

Segment #3: Diamond Dallas Page defeated Masahiro Chono in 5:37 by pinfall

Segment #4: Post Match The Undertaker Appears And Attacks DDP

DDP is celebrating his victory when the lights go out and a gong is heard. When the lights come on The Undertaker is in the ring with DDP who can't believe what he's seeing. The two come face to face, but DDP doesn't wait long before trying to attack The Undertaker. After throwing several punches DDP goes for a Diamond Cutter but is easily thrown off then scooped up by Taker who dumps DDP on his head with a Tombstone Piledriver.

Rating: 39

Segment #5: Steven Regal defeated Eddie Guerrero in 6:03 by submission

Segment #6: The Rockers defeated Chris Benoit & Taz in 5:45 by pinfall

The Road Warriors attempted to interfere in the match, but instead ate superkicks from Jannetty and Michaels, who won the match then escaped through the crowd

Segment #7: Steamboat Hypes Match Against Lawler At ROH Final Battle

Steamboat says Jerry "The King" Lawler weaseled his way through every match to earn a title shot and should be no where near the ROH World Championship, but he is. Steamboat promises Lawler he will embarrass him at ROH Final Battle so bad that he will never want to show his face in ROH again.

Segment #8: Mr. Perfect defeated Bob Backlund in 10:17 by DQ after Razor Ramon attacked Mr. Perfect

Near the end of the match Mr. Perfect set Backlund up for the Perfect Plex, but before he could hit it Razor Ramon emerged from the crowd and attacked Perfect leaving the ref no choice but to award Perfect the winner by DQ. Ramon tried to continue the attack but Perfect managed to escape to the back.

Rating: 77

Overall Rating = 70

TV Rating = 1.19

ROH Fight Night - Monday, Week 4, April 1988

Segment #1:The Great Muta & Chono defeated Owen Hart and Eddie Guerrero in 6:08 by pinfall

Segment #2: Jack Challenges Vader To A Last Man Standing Match At ROH Final Battle; Vader Accepts

Jack calls out Vader wanting a Last Man Standing Match at ROH Final Battle. Vader made his way out and wasted no time accepting the match.

“ANYTIME JACK! ANYWHERE! IN A STREET! IN AN ALLEY! AT MY HOUSE! IN MY BACKYARD! IT DON’T MATTER! ROH DON’T HAVE TO SANCTION IT! WE CAN JUST FIGHT! WE DON’T HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT! LOOK AT ME, JACK! I WANT YOU AT FINAL BATTLE!”

Rating: 44

Segment #3: Jeff Jarrett defeated Brad Rheingans in 8:09 by submission

Segment #4: Mr. Perfect vs. Razor Ramon & DDP vs. The Undertaker Announced For ROH Final Battle

Rating: 51

Segment #5: Diamond Dallas Page defeated Steven Regal in 5:50 by pinfall

During the match the lights went out leading everyone to believe The Undertaker was about to appear, but when the lights came back on he was no where to be found. DDP hit the Diamond Cutter on Regal for the 1-2-3, but was very cautious heading to the back expecting The Undertaker to still attack.

Segment #6: Jerry "The King" Lawler Rants About Ricky Steamboat

Lawler says he doesn't care if Steamboat likes his tactics or not! At ROH Final Battle he will change ROH forever as The King always has a plan.

Segment #7: Ricky Steamboat defeated Chris Benoit in 6:08 by pinfall

Segment #8: Razor Ramon & The Rockers defeated Mr. Perfect & The Road Warriors in 10:56 by pinfall when Ramon pinned Road Warrior Hawk

Near the end of the match, Mr. Perfect bailed on The Road Warriors leaving them to fight 2 on 3.

Overall Rating = 78

TV Rating = 1.25

ROH World Championship

Ricky Steamboat© vs Jerry "The King" Lawler

ROH Tag Team Championships

The Road Warriors© vs The Rockers

Razor Ramon vs Mr. Perfect

Last Man Standing Match - Cactus Jack vs Vader

Diamond Dallas Page vs The Undertaker

Any predictions for ROH Final Battle or feedback?

Segment #1: The Great Muta & Chono defeated Steven Regal & Jeff Jarrett and Owen Hart & Eddie Guerrero in 12:21 by pinfall when Chono pinned Guerrero

Rating: 60

Segment #2: DDP Hypes Match Against The Undertaker

Rating: 36

Segment #3: The Undertaker defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 14:06 by pinfall

Segment #4: Perfect Hypes Match Against Razor Ramon

Rating: 50

Segment #5: Razor Ramon defeated Mr. Perfect in 16:01 by pinfall

Segment #6: Vader vs. Cactus Jack Hype Video

Rating: 16

Segment #7: Vader defeated Cactus Jack in a Last Man Standing Match in 10:26 when Jack couldn't answer the count of 10

Cactus Jack fought back after every brutal attack Vader hit him with, but the end finally came when Vader hit Jack with a Vader Bomb then placed him on a table set up outside of the ring. Vader would then climb to the top rope and perform a moonsault on Jack driving him through the table. Both men looked to be out but Vader managed to get to his feet before the count of 10 to claim victory.

Segment #8: The Road Warriors defeated The Rockers in 15:46 by pinfall to retain the ROH Tag Team Championships when Road Warrior Hawk pinned Shawn Michaels

Segment #9: Steamboat vs. Lawler Hype Video

Segment #10: Jerry Lawler defeated Ricky Steamboat in 16:30 by pinfall to become the new ROH World Champion

Steven Regal distracted Steamboat and the ref while Jeff Jarrett handed Lawler the ROH World Championship which he used to level Steamboat over the head with to win the ROH World Championship. Lawler, Regal and Jarrett all shake hands and stand tall to end the show.

Overall Rating = 78

Buy Rate = 1.01

World Notes - May 1988

Company Wars

#1 - WWF (National)

WWF Heavyweight Champion - Hulk Hogan

WWF Intercontinental Champion - Honky Tonk Man

WWF Tag Team Champions - Tito Santana & Rick Martel

#2 - NJPW (National)

IWGP Heavyweight Champion - Antonio Inoki

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion - Nobuhiko Takada (2)

IWGP Tag Team Champions - Kengo Kimura & Tatsumi Fujinami (3)

#3 - AJPW (National)

NWA Heavyweight Champion - Genichiro Tenryu

NWA Tag Team - Kenta Kobashi & Ashura Hara

PWF World Heavyweight Champion - Akira Maeda

PWF World Tag Team Champions - Ashura Hara & Genichiro Tenryu

#4 - ROH (Cult)

ROH World Champion - Jerry "The King" Lawler

ROH Tag Team Champions - The Road Warriors

#5 - CMLL (National)

NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion - Cien Caras

NWA World Middleweight Champion - Kung Fu

Mexican National Tag Team Champions - Masakre & MS-1

Other Notes

- WWF held World Tour at the end of April headlined by The Mega Powers defeating One Man Gang & Butch Reed. The event got a rating of 85 and a buyrate of 2.10

- NWA held the Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup on Sunday, Week 2, April 1988 headlined by The Enforcers (Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard) defeating Jiimy Garvin & Nikita Koloff to win the Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup. The event got a rating of 74 and a buyrate of 0.28

- The NWA currently sits at #7 in the Company Wars with NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair

Archived