GDS Games on Mac

For my games, my current language i'm using for Finish Line has a Mac compiler built in (it's a multi-platform language), but it would require some special fine tuning interface and design wise, and given the small size of the Mac gaming market, it probably isn't really worth the time to invest in it, IMHO.

My other games have been reported to work fine with WINE, as far as I know.

• 3 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="StrongStyle" data-cite="StrongStyle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41056" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've tried using everything to get TEW working on my mac and I finally broke down and bought crossover. It's the easiest method and worth the money if you think easy is nice.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Heck, I bought Windows and segmented my hard drive.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
There's a tutorial for making a Wineskin for Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 in the TEW general discussion forum. Not sure how similar the method is for the other GDS games.

For other Ryland titles it will be identical. I can't speak for the others not knowing what they were made with.

• 11 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="blslivewire" data-cite="blslivewire" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41056" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Before I buy it has anyone had success with parallels and these games?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Parallels is literally a Windows PC environment in an app.</p><p> As well as buying Parallels you will need a Windows installation. This does not come included! </p><p> Therefore, as it is basically a Windows PC in the sandbox of an app, everything is easy peasy. It works just fine. </p><p> TEW/WMMA/WreSpi (can't speak for other games), do not use graphics so work perfectly fine.</p><p> If you need help, give me a shout.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrCreative" data-cite="MrCreative" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41056" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Parallels is literally a Windows PC environment in an app.<p> As well as buying Parallels you will need a Windows installation. This does not come included! </p><p> Therefore, as it is basically a Windows PC in the sandbox of an app, everything is easy peasy. It works just fine. </p><p> TEW/WMMA/WreSpi (can't speak for other games), do not use graphics so work perfectly fine.</p><p> If you need help, give me a shout.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you. I'm trying it tonight.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for this info, I've been looking for a way too. What I've been doing and its fine with me, others may see it as lame, but I have the software up and running on my server pc (which I always keep on) in my loft.. and then run team view via my macbook pro. I can sit on the couch, and enjoy the game with no issues. Always connects, always works.

Just echoing what some others have said here, I run TEW in Parallels in coherence mode on my Mac. In coherence mode, TEW opens right up in its own window while I continue to use all my other Mac-based apps normally. It's a super easy way to play TEW on a Mac - well worth it if you have a few bucks to spend on the licensing.

Archived