Will TEW 2013 mods transfer over to TEW 2016?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm curious to know if the mods for TEW '13 will work in TEW '16? Buying the game for the first time so wondering if I should download anything yet.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think Yes</p><p> </p><p> 2008 could be converted to 2010</p><p> </p><p> 2010 can be converted to 2013</p><p> </p><p> so probably 2013 will be possible to convert to 2016.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As usual, there's a converter that will make TEW2013 databases into TEW2016 databases. They are instantly playable, although some work is required to activate some of the new features where there is no equivalent data in the previous game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From the FAQ.</p><p> </p><p> I doubt we'll ever see a day where mods can't be converted to the next version up.</p>

<p>Yes and no </p><p> </p><p>

Yes the database can be converted over. No the new features will not be in place. So everything has to be touched in some way to fix the changes. There is alot of worker changes for example.</p>

Yeah, there is a massive list of changes between this version and 2016 that affect the core game to the point that I'm doubtful I'll ever fiddle with a 2013 mod transferred to 2016, which will be a first for me actually as I usually convert them on launch day. You can do it, but I think you're going to be missing a lot. Thankfully, the exceptional mod community is going to update most of their mods. It will probably take a few months for most of them though.

Archived