DOTT: Memphis Wrestlin'! (CWA)

[CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Times New Roman]Memphis Wrestling![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=6][COLOR=Red][FONT=Impact]Championship Wrestling Association[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://www.wrestlingmuseum.com/images/photos/lawler-jerry02.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Welcome everyone to Memphis, Tennessee! The HOME of wrestlings finest competitors, and the home of Jerry "the King" Lawler. You go anywhere in Memphis, and ask anyone who's the first person they think of when you say "Memphis." Half of them will say the "The King" Elvis Presley... But the other half iis going to say Jerry Lawler. I hope to take you on a journey through the south, and bring Memphis wrestling higher than it ever expected to be. "Buckle ya seat belts baby, cause it gonna be a BUMPY RIDE!" [B]Current Roster (January 1, 1983)[/B] [COLOR=Navy]Face in navy[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]Heel in dark red[/COLOR] [I]Main Eventers[/I] [COLOR=Navy]Jerry Lawler[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]Randy Savage Austin Idol[/COLOR] [I]Upper Midcarders[/I] [COLOR=Navy]Stan Lane Steve Keirn[/COLOR] [I]Midcarders[/I] [COLOR=DarkRed]Adrian Street Dutch Mantell Elijah Akeem Kareem Muhammad Lanny Poffo Phil Hickerson Spoiler[/COLOR] [I]Lower Midcarders[/I] [COLOR=DarkRed]Koko B. Ware Norvell Austin Rick Rude[/COLOR] [I]Openers[/I] [COLOR=Navy]Rick Steiner[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]Doug Gilbert[/COLOR] [I]Enhancement Talent[/I] [COLOR=DarkRed]Tony Falk[/COLOR] [I]Managers[/I] [COLOR=DarkRed]Angelo Poffo (mgs: Savage, Poffo) Jimmy Hart (mgs: The First Family) Miss Linda (mgs: Adrian Steet) [/COLOR] [I]Announcer[/I] Lance Russell [I]Colour Commentator[/I] Dave Brown [I]Authority Figure[/I] Eddie Marlin [I]Referee[/I] Jerry Calhoun Paul Morton [I]Road Agents[/I] Jerry Jarrett Jackie Fargo Tojo Yamamoto [I]Backstage Workers[/I] Tommy Gilbert [I]Tag Teams[/I] [COLOR=Navy]The Fabulous Ones (Lane/ Keirn) [/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]Lanny Poffo & Randy Savage Phil Hickerson & The Spoiler The PYT Express (Norvell/Koko) The Zambuie Express (Elijah/Kareem) [/COLOR] [I]Stables[/I] [COLOR=DarkRed][B]The First Family[/B] Jimmy Hart Rick Rude The Zambuie Express (Elijah/Kareem) [/COLOR] [U][B] Titles[/B][/U] [I][B]AWA International[/B][/I] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/a/austinidol/02.jpg[/IMG] Austin Idol [B][I]AWA Southern Heavyweight[/I][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/j/jerrylawler/21.jpg[/IMG] Jerry "the King" Lawler [B][I]Southern Tag Team[/I][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/f/fabulousones/06.jpg[/IMG] The Fabulous Ones

January 1, 1983 [CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Times New Roman]Memphis Wrestling![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=6][COLOR=Red][FONT=Impact]Championship Wrestling Association[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/a/andykauffman/05.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]Run out of Memphis for good?[/FONT] [/SIZE][/CENTER] People have speculated that after the beating he took from Jerry Lawler, that Mr. Kaufman would never be seen in Memphis again. With rumors of Andy's TV hit "Taxi" on it's final legs, some have speculated that Andy could eventually make a return. Andy's manager George Shapiro has sent word to the Memphis faithful "You people will NEVER get to see Andy brighten that dark hell hole of an arena AGAIN!" So, there goes that wrestlin fans. Now moving on... CWA is flooded with Heels. Look for some cuts in the next couple of days as we build towards our first show of the new year for the "All-Stars" TV show. Rick Steiner has come in and asked to bring in younger brother Scott. Both of these guys where All Americans at the University of Michigan. Jerry Lawler cant carry ball by his self, so management is looking to sign someone to sure up it's roster. Who that someone is, only time can tell. Any of you fans, who come down to the Coliseum, ever seen that little blonde head kid running around the arena like a labrador chasing it's tail? Well, that's Jerry Jarrett's boy! Or should I say was... You see Jerry's son, Jeff, is now 17 and is training to be a wrestler. Could we see a future champ in the Jarrett family? That's it for now Wrestling Fans. [CENTER][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/images/logos/cwa.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

January 2, 1983 [CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Times New Roman]Memphis Wrestling![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=6][COLOR=Red][FONT=Impact]Championship Wrestling Association[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/c/cocosamoa/02.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]Coco Samoa cut loose.[/FONT] [/SIZE][/CENTER] Coco Samoa was the first to be let go CWA. The reasoning being in the form of budget cuts. Also, let go was Terry Taylor. Jerry Jarrett just got back from his visit in Dallas. Apparently he was speakin with Fritz Von Erich about a possible worker sharing deal. As of press time, Jerry didn't seem very optomistic, though he has a conference call again tomorrow. I was in my office earlier today and saw what appeared to be Santa Claus' thinner brother in the office of Mr. Eddie Marlin. A little early to start plannin a Christmas show isn't it? Somebody driving a big black Cadillac stole my spot this morning! I'm PISSED! That's it for now Wrestling Fans. [CENTER][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/images/logos/cwa.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Quick note: I'm going to be working exclusively out of Memphis, to start. My overall popularity in that region was 25%, which wouldnt let me even fill the bathrooms of the Mid-South Coliseum. So... I'm bumping my overall in the South East Region to 75%. This doesnt let me sell out the arena from the get, but at least some what fills it up. Still not even close to a Cult level promotion. I hope too many people dont think this is cheating... If you do... OH... WELL... lol

Friday, Week 1, January 1983 [CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Times New Roman]Memphis Wrestling![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=6][COLOR=Red][FONT=Impact]Championship Wrestling Association[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/j/jjdillon/03.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]HIT THE ROAD JACK![/FONT] [/SIZE][/CENTER] JJ Dillion was running his mouth down in Florida. He had the nerve to talk bad about Memphis. Not just the CWA but the whole CITY! Good riddin's!! That conference call with Fritz Von Erich? It again fell through, so I guess that means no Von Erich's in memphis.... For NOW. Scott Steiner's signed a deal. Should be intresting to see if these two young brothers can form a tag team to one day challenge for the Tag Team Titles. Ric Flair, Jack Brisco, and Jesse Ventura all three signed on to do some wrestling for Maple Leaf Wrestling. Looks like the boys up north are getting serious eh? Tomorrow we head to the taping for All-Stars. The Fabulous Ones will take on The Zambuie Express; Jerry Lawler will defend his title against Lanny Poffo; and the new tag team of Mantell and Street will make it's debut as a tag team! That's it for now Wrestling Fans. [CENTER][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/images/logos/cwa.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Saturday, Week 1, January 1983 [CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Times New Roman]Memphis Wrestling![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=6][COLOR=Red][FONT=Impact]Championship Wrestling Association[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/JohnnyFenoli/LawlervsPoffo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT=Courier New][B][CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkOrange]AWA Southern Heavyweight Championship Main Event![/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/FONT] [SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]Jerry "the King" Lawler vs Lanny Poffo[/FONT] [/SIZE][/CENTER] (Pre Show) The Steiners Brothers Promo : E This segment benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. This segment brought the crowd's mood down. Rick Steiner is developing better performance skills. [B]Steiners vs Spoiler/ Hickerson : D[/B] Phil Hickerson & The Spoiler defeated The Steiner Brothers in 9:58 when Spoiler defeated Scott Steiner by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Scott Steiner was exhausted by the end. Rick Steiner was exhausted by the end. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Spoiler is improving in Rumble skills. Norvell Austin and Koko B. Ware thank each other and memphis. (Turning Face in the process) : C- (Main Show) [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/JohnnyFenoli/BlackCadillac.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The show opens with a hand held camera showing a Black Cadillac parked right outside the wrestler's entrance. Austin Idol work out video : C+ A music video is shown to promote the training habits of Austin Idol; roadwork, mat work, cardiovascular and weight training all make up the intensive program. Jimmy Hart talks talks to The Zambuie Express : B- Unfortunately, this segment had to contend with a restless crowd. Elijah Akeem is developing better performance skills. Kareem Muhammad is developing better performance skills. --= Jimmy Hart : "Tonight's our chance! If you boys can beat those Fabulous punks, we're sure to get a shot at the Tag Titles!! AHHH HAHAHA!" [B]The Zambuie Express vs The Fabulous Ones (Non-Title) : B- [/B] The Fabulous Ones defeated The Zambuie Express in 9:45 when Stan Lane defeated Elijah Akeem by pinfall. Elijah Akeem was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Unfortunately, this match had to contend with a restless crowd. Elijah Akeem is improving in Rumble skills. Lanny Poffo Promo : C+ Angelo Poffo helped Leaping Lanny during this segment. Lanny Poffo and Angelo Poffo have excellent chemistry together. --= Lanny Poffo: "TONIGHT, I show everyone how truly GREAT I am. You see, I am not stepping into the ring with the common man's intellect. I will not go head first into the ring. No, no, no! I have a plan, as always..." Jimmy Hart hypes Ric Rude : B Unfortunately, this segment had to contend with a restless crowd. Rick Rude came across well. Rick Rude is developing better performance skills. --= Jimmy Hart: "Ladies! Not gentelman... I ask you to tell me, who's better looking than 'Simply Ravishing' Rick Rude? NO BODY! That's why, at this time I'm asking all the men in the audience to turn their backs as my client shows the ladies what a real man is!! AHHHH HAHAHA!" Austin Idol/Randy Savage/Lanny Poffo : C Lanny Poffo and Angelo Poffo have excellent chemistry together. This segment suffered as it came across as a let-down after the previous segment. --= Lance Russell: "There's something going on here... Something just doesn't look right." [B]Mantell and Street vs The PYT Express : C [/B] Mantell & Street defeated The PYT Express in 8:07 when Koko B. Ware was counted out while fighting Adrian Street. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Dutch Mantell is improving in Rumble skills. Dutch Mantell is improving in Performance skills. Koko B. Ware is improving in Rumble skills. Koko B. Ware is improving in Performance skills. --= Lance Russell: "This new odd pairing of Mantell and Street looked very impressive in their debut as a tag team!" Lanny Poffo and Austin Idol shaking hands : C Lanny Poffo and Angelo Poffo have excellent chemistry together. --= Lance Russell: "Ok, now I KNOW that there's something going on here tonight! Someone send word to the King to cancel this match up, I don't like the smell of this..." Jerry Lawler interviewed at ringside : B- Unfortunately, this segment had to contend with a restless crowd. Jerry Lawler looked good. Lance Russell performed poorly in this segment. --= Jerry Lawler: "Lance, I apperciate your concern, but the King dont back down to no fight! Poffo, I'm no fool. I know you got something going on, but nothing is going to stop me from pinning you in the ring 1..2...3!" [B]Jerry "the King" Lawler vs Lanny Poffo (AWA Southern Heavyweight Championship) : B[/B] Lanny Poffo defeated Jerry Lawler in 12:42 by pinfall following interference from Austin Idol. Lanny Poffo wins the AWA Southern Heavyweight title. Angelo Poffo did some good work at ringside. Lanny Poffo and Angelo Poffo have excellent chemistry together. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Unfortunately, this match had to contend with a restless crowd. Lanny Poffo/ Austin Idol/ Randy Savage attack Jerry Lawler : C Lanny Poffo and Angelo Poffo have excellent chemistry together. This segment suffered as it came across as a let-down after the previous segment. Austin Idol/ Randy Savage/ Lanny Poffo promo : B- Angelo Poffo helped Leaping Lanny during this segment. Lanny Poffo and Angelo Poffo have excellent chemistry together. Unfortunately, this segment had to contend with a restless crowd. The King vs Idol storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment. Randy Savage is improving at acting. --= Austin Idol: "I dont know what you fans problem is!? DING DONG the King is DEAD! HAHAHA! King, boy we told you before to stay out of Memphis, and now the three of us is gonna make sure that happens! ALL HAIL THE NEW KINGS OF MEMPHIS!" [SIZE=3] [FONT=Impact][COLOR=Navy] [CENTER]Overall Show : C+[/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/images/logos/cwa.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Archived