Wishful Thinking

Well, heres to wishful thinking. We know that many current and former WWE, WCW, ECW, NWA, international and independent wrestlers and superstars are aware of the existence of EWR and TEW and many are avid players. To those who arent aware, even Vince Russo himself has youtube videos of himself playing TEW for hours. I understand his son is a huge fan of TEW, maybe even a member of the board... maybe in secret, eh?? At anyrate, heres hoping that TEW 2K16 is such a massive success that WWE is forced to contract Adam to make a licensed version of the game.. it'd start in the late 30s or 40s with the NWA or maybe itd start at the creation of Capital Wrestling or the WWWF and use all the licensed promotions and workers who worked for said promotions.. excluding Japan, Mexico and TNA/ROH... lol... hey, a man can have his wishful thinking cant he?

Yes you can and on paper it is a good idea. In real life wwe would make crazy stats, pick and choose wrestlers. I think you see the point. Ollie Davis on wrestle talk said it best. Vince is the man so he will mess it up

I can see Vince going all "Make sure John Cena and Roman Reigns have 100's in everything and the contract is yours!

It will never happen. For one, I'm about 95% sure their contract with 2K Games would prohibit it. Second, it's way too much of a niche market for WWE to invest that type of money, especially after 2K saw the failure of MLB Front Office Manager. Third, Adam is way too proud to sell out, where the game would become entirely kayfabe based.

That's three valid reasons. There are more, but the point is, it will never, ever, happen.

If Tatanka was in the game in any form, it'd be the best game ever made. :p

Let me make this perfectly clear: in no way, shape, or form am I disputing that. :p

I recall a discussion in I believe the Creative thread where somebody needed some advice on running WWE and he was bombarded with about ten people saying "Push Tatanka". Including one post (I am terribly sorry, I'm bad with usernames) going off on a three paragraph soliloquy about character development, only to finish with "removes the mask to reveal TATANKA!"

Ah, the conversations that can only truly be appreciated by GDS. I love this forum.

EDIT: I found it! YoungNoble, hats off to you! Not as long as I thought, but still very entertaining.

Bring up Finn Balor from developmental, have him answer John Cena's open challenge, though not quite being able to pull it off. He earns Cena's respect. He slowly makes his way up the card running through people like Adam Rose and Heath Slater until eventually becoming a solid mid card performer. Meanwhile Cena is battling the new day. After facing Big E in a tough match at Survivor Series, Cena is beaten down 3-on-1 until the lights go out. When the lights come back on, there is a masked man in the ring. He proceeds to beat down all of the New Day, throwing each of them over the top rope. He then picks up the US title and hits Cena with it. He stands tall above Cena holding the US title above he head with one hand. With his other hand, he reaches up, grabs his mask, and reveals.....

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/002/683/682/Tatanka_crop_north.jpg?w=455&h=336&q=75

Well, heres to wishful thinking. We know that many current and former WWE, WCW, ECW, NWA, international and independent wrestlers and superstars are aware of the existence of EWR and TEW and many are avid players. To those who arent aware, even Vince Russo himself has youtube videos of himself playing TEW for hours. I understand his son is a huge fan of TEW, maybe even a member of the board... maybe in secret, eh?? At anyrate, heres hoping that TEW 2K16 is such a massive success that WWE is forced to contract Adam to make a licensed version of the game.. it'd start in the late 30s or 40s with the NWA or maybe itd start at the creation of Capital Wrestling or the WWWF and use all the licensed promotions and workers who worked for said promotions.. excluding Japan, Mexico and TNA/ROH... lol... hey, a man can have his wishful thinking cant he?

I have a very simple question regarding this.

Why?

Why would it all of a sudden be better if WWE was a part of TEW? Because it's always a positive when huge publicly traded corporations with questionable leadership take over proven successful fan loved franchises? Isn't that right, Bioware?

Your "wish" is my nightmare, defined. SO glad it will never happen.

I have a very simple question regarding this.

Why?

Why would it all of a sudden be better if WWE was a part of TEW? Because it's always a positive when huge publicly traded corporations with questionable leadership take over proven successful fan loved franchises? Isn't that right, Bioware?

Your "wish" is my nightmare, defined. SO glad it will never happen.

Agreed. Especially since...there are mods. You can make a mod exactly like the one you stated. I mean, there's a tremendous mod that starts in 1970 already. Why wait for someone else to come in and do it when it can be done already (and probably much better) now?

uuuuuuugh no. WWE corporate brass discovering TEW would be awful. I'm sure they're aware of. The whole reason the game has a fictional universe is to avoid being sued.

I have a feeling if WWE ever got "involved" with TEW, they would be blocking real world mods, claiming infringment of their trademarks and intellectual properties.

I have a feeling if WWE ever got "involved" with TEW, they would be blocking real world mods, claiming infringment of their trademarks and intellectual properties.

This is probably more likely, though you would have thought they'd have put the hammer down before now in this case.

Still, look at what the FIA have done with Formula 1 mods. Awful.

The best thing i can think of which really isn't the same genre would be Paradox Interactive. They have those grand strategy simulation games.

Mainly the point being a big game developer that could provide the advertising for Adam and just him do his thing w/ a little help in leg work.

I run an online MMA game and i've found there are just tons and tons of people who just don't even see the product and i'm quite sure there are a large number of people that would enjoy TEW that just don't get to see it.

You can debate this all day. In the end if vince touches it. It will be bad. I honestly don't believe he is out of touch at all. I do believe he is burned out. He has basically gave us the fanshis own life. Sadly his kids are not even close to his level. Wwe needs to go under. Wwe started to die when they went public. When they were private it was about them. After it was about money, sponsor,tv,contracts ratings,etc. Tna needs to badly just die already. Of course dixie will always want to play with her toy. Which is the problem with tna period. If they both die. Just maybe there will be a good wrestling company in the USA again. The whole point was the topic only exists because wwe is the only real company in the states. If there was a wcw like today. It would crush wwe for sure. Even the 2000s wcw are better than current wwe booking ideas

You can debate this all day. In the end if vince touches it. It will be bad. I honestly don't believe he is out of touch at all. I do believe he is burned out. He has basically gave us the fanshis own life. Sadly his kids are not even close to his level. Wwe needs to go under. Wwe started to die when they went public. When they were private it was about them. After it was about money, sponsor,tv,contracts ratings,etc. Tna needs to badly just die already. Of course dixie will always want to play with her toy. Which is the problem with tna period. If they both die. Just maybe there will be a good wrestling company in the USA again. The whole point was the topic only exists because wwe is the only real company in the states. If there was a wcw like today. It would crush wwe for sure. Even the 2000s wcw are better than current wwe booking ideas

Im pretty sure Vince would have very little to do with a project like this, It would most likely be passed down the line to a department that deals with stuff like this. I would think he isnt involved with WWE movies or whatever they are called these days or has much involvement with the day to day workings of the WWE network.

beside if something like this is popular enough they would probably just make there own WWE verison of it like GM mode.

At this point the C-Verse is so popular, and the TEW mod community is so strong, that having a license wouldn't be worth the trouble. The current wrestling landscape isn't fit for a game like this anyway, as it's too bottom heavy. I hardly touch RW mods unless I create or edit a promotion to go up against WWE.

I do wonder why they haven't done that for the WMMA games though. I believe they could since pretty much every other sports sim uses real players/leagues/stats with no license.

The best thing i can think of which really isn't the same genre would be Paradox Interactive.

...or Sports Interactive.

As much as I like Paradox's games, unfortunately TEW will be bogged down by the insane amount of expensive DLCs if Greydog joins them. :p

Want to play as a promotion in Europe? Buy DLC A!

Want to play as a promotion in Australia? Buy DLC B!

Want to play as a promotion on the Moon? Buy DLC C!

If WWE got the license what would be the point in the game? It wouldn't be able to include any Japanese or Mexican promotions. Just old American and Canadian promotions that WWE bought the rights to. I mean that sounds like a boring as hell game.

I take a C-Verse or a RW mod over that scenario any day of the week.

It will never happen. For one, I'm about 95% sure their contract with 2K Games would prohibit it. Second, it's way too much of a niche market for WWE to invest that type of money, especially after 2K saw the failure of MLB Front Office Manager. Third, Adam is way too proud to sell out, where the game would become entirely kayfabe based.

That's three valid reasons. There are more, but the point is, it will never, ever, happen.

2K didn't even promote FOM, It was a terrible game that I wasted $40 on and the local Gamestop didn't even get a shipment in besides my reserved copy. Great concept that 2K could've put into the actual MLB 2K series but failed.

We never thought OOTP would end up with licensing but look at it now!

As for TEW getting licensing, it couldn't happen. WWE wouldn't do business with New Japan, Dragon Gate, NOAH, but would probably include defunct territories they bought, defunct devlopmental areas, and maybe companies they agreements in place with (PROGRESS and EVOLVE).

Archived