Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Can star quality decline over time? Can it increase? Are there people out there with "hidden" star quality? I ask as I'm playing COTT 1994 as WWF and it's a bit depressing that everyone with star quality is locked up. I like the idea of "finding" someone like WWF did with Austin. Also I'm curious when Savage, Hogan and his ilk will decline in star quality.

Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks!

Right, let me rephrase. Say I run the same match five times in pre show. Then I run it on tv. Will that televised match be subject to the repetitive match penalties?

Yes. Are you being retorical here? Why do this at all? If you're so intent on boosting skills, just increase them in the editor. This isn't cheating, but if you're "gaming the system" to get the same result you might as well do it manually without bloating your savegame with the same matchup.

@rawisericho: Star Quality is dependant on body type. There's no hidden star value. Only destiny, which is a stat that impacts stat growth among other things.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes. Are you being retorical here? Why do this at all? If you're so intent on boosting skills, just increase them in the editor. This isn't cheating, but if you're "gaming the system" to get the same result you might as well do it manually without bloating your savegame with the same matchup.<p> </p><p> @rawisericho: Star Quality is dependant on body type. There's no hidden star value. Only destiny, which is a stat that impacts stat growth among other things.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's barely gaming the system as the penalties from repetitive booking would KILL their pop gains.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="fullMETAL" data-cite="fullMETAL" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've always been confused about the Moves section.<p> Is that a section ONLY for Finishers and Signatures, or is it used for ANY move?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's only for Finishers, Secondary Finishers and Uber Finishers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eidenhoek" data-cite="Eidenhoek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Mexico's part of North America. The game thinks that's only Canada and USA. Amusing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are there specific references to "North America" as an area in the game? I don't remember any offhand.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes. Are you being retorical here? Why do this at all? If you're so intent on boosting skills, just increase them in the editor. This isn't cheating, but if you're "gaming the system" to get the same result you might as well do it manually without bloating your savegame with the same matchup.<p> </p><p> @rawisericho: Star Quality is dependant on body type. There's no hidden star value. Only destiny, which is a stat that impacts stat growth among other things.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was curious how the mechanic works more than anything.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eidenhoek" data-cite="Eidenhoek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Mexico's part of North America. The game thinks that's only Canada and USA. Amusing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not sure what you're even talking about...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrwright86" data-cite="mrwright86" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What would happen to the alliance titles if the alliance ceased to exist and I was the founder? Can that happen? Would the titles become mine or go to the Investments section to be bought?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just wondering if anyone has any insight on the above?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks guys</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrwright86" data-cite="mrwright86" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just wondering if anyone has any insight on the above?<p> </p><p> Thanks guys</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The belts would go into the "unattached belts" pool; whether you're the founder of the alliance or not isn't relevant to the situation in this case as the belts belong to the alliance, not any member (it couldn't work like that because there isn't necessarily just 1 founder - AI alliances have multiple founders, for example, so there'd be no way of knowing who the belts go to in that instance).</p>

<p>Pretty sure the answer is an obvious NOOOOOOOOOOO, but I figured I'd ask anyway. </p><p> </p><p>

Would an AI company ever be able to have a show on my network? I've already bought out a company and have put a show on my network for them and my development company has one, but I was wondering if I would ever get offered a chance to put them on my network.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can I create a brand split where all my workers are on one show and some of my workers are the only ones that work on another show? Basically like how WWE treats cruiserweights (they can be on Raw with the whole roster but are the only ones on 205 live)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Make sure you B-Show (205 Live) is set to the RAW Brand and that your roster has divisions set in. Then, once you book 205 Live, use your Assistant Booker to book the show seeing as you can make matches just by using the division settings. That's the best idea I have to book that show easily.</p>

<p>I have a question about attendance. I tape 2 B shows on the same day, and when I choose the location, 2 weeks in a raw (in game), it's said that I will have nearly 20.000 people. But each time, when the shows are book, I only have 4.500 people. Is it a problem or no ? Thanks</p><p> </p><p>

edit : I use the version 1.40 (III)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Harts4Life" data-cite="Harts4Life" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've been running into a few cases of "X doesn't want to work for (company)" ... is there any way of turning that around? Especially if there isn't any clear reason why not? (No dislikes, etc.)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Issues with the product is often the culprit, although that is usually clear in the statement. Conservative workers won't want to work for a rather risqué company, etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Issues with the product is often the culprit, although that is usually clear in the statement. Conservative workers won't want to work for a rather risqué company, etc.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hmm. Interesting. I am playing as QAW, and had it happen with a retired Joanna Rodriguez, after she had already been on the roster (and subsequently poached by USPW ... the bastards ... have poached a few good workers of mine ...) ... luckily I was able to get her to be owner/head booker of my development company instead.</p><p> </p><p> I'm just getting frustrated because there are people I'd like as road agents, etc. who are not interested in signing ... and they'd have a great impact on the product! Ha ha</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Harts4Life" data-cite="Harts4Life" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hmm. Interesting. I am playing as QAW, and had it happen with a retired Joanna Rodriguez, after she had already been on the roster (and subsequently poached by USPW ... the bastards ... have poached a few good workers of mine ...) ... luckily I was able to get her to be owner/head booker of my development company instead.<p> </p><p> I'm just getting frustrated because there are people I'd like as road agents, etc. who are not interested in signing ... and they'd have a great impact on the product! Ha ha</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Product probably isn't the cause then. I don't think J-Ro is overtly conservative and I don't think QAW is risqué. The wording of the rejection usually gives you an idea of the reason. Too small, too risqué, just left, etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eidenhoek" data-cite="Eidenhoek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Mexico's part of North America. The game thinks that's only Canada and USA. Amusing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Tell me your not talking about the Broadcaster North American Prime Select? Thats the only North America reference I know about</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Harts4Life" data-cite="Harts4Life" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hmm. Interesting. I am playing as QAW, and had it happen with a retired Joanna Rodriguez, after she had already been on the roster (and subsequently poached by USPW ... the bastards ... have poached a few good workers of mine ...) ... luckily I was able to get her to be owner/head booker of my development company instead.<p> </p><p> I'm just getting frustrated because there are people I'd like as road agents, etc. who are not interested in signing ... and they'd have a great impact on the product! Ha ha</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are they owners or bookers of other companies? Are they maybe too popular for your promotion?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Tell me your not talking about the Broadcaster North American Prime Select? Thats the only North America reference I know about</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It is also reffered to in excursions. When it says that X went on an excursion to North America they only get active in USA & Canada.</p>