Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Hogan is love, Hogan is life, Hogan is ratings :D

He'll expect to be used, and used often. You don't have to have him main eventing every show, or even wrestling on them, but posing and rescues and Body Shops and "You know something, Mean Gene" will keep him busy.

As you say, it's not a perfect simulation; The WWF back then would tape two or three shows in a row, so Hogan might appear once in the evening to pop the crowd, and the rest of his appearances on TV would be highlight videos, backstage interviews and the like. You can't really simulate that nowadays - and never mind that the WWF/WCW at that time had half a dozen shows a piece, all recapping different matches taking places at different times, so the actual level of original content was pretty slim...

You can also hire workers who your upset worker likes/is related to, but a note on that - Giving a one night deal to a worker's friend doesn't seem to affect their morale.

Okay, so another question on this. I started playing on the Golden Age mod and as WWF you start with two B shows.

Since performers only complain about not being on PPVs and A shows, is this a way to keep Hogan from getting upset not being on TV? Could I actually just run squash matches on these shows without fear of losing popularity/pissing off main eventers, assuming I put Hogan, Savage and the lot on PPVs?

What is the benefit of having a TV Show over just televising your events? I'm running Golden Canvas right now, and I have a PPV contract with a PPV broadcaster, then a televised event contract and a TV show contract with the same Commercial broadcaster. The TV Show draws half the gate, hardly breaks even on money, and has limits on time. The events make me as much ticket money as a PPV, and are still televised, so why would I want to have TV Show instead of or in addition to weekly televised events?

Trying one more time...anyone know the answer to this?

Touring companies have highlight shows, not real TV shows. Are you booking the TV shows?

GCG is not a touring company in 2016. I have televised weekly events and a TV show, but the TV show only draws half the gate, so I'm wondering what the point of it is over televised events.

<p>Events are sudden big bursts of pop and cash. TV shows are a more gradual thing.</p><p> </p><p>

Popularity and money aside, having a TV show means more chances for your talent to work, as you don't have to cram pretty much everybody into the single monthly show. It also means more chances to develop their skills and gain popularity, especially if we're talking angles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rawisericho" data-cite="Rawisericho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay, so another question on this. I started playing on the Golden Age mod and as WWF you start with two B shows. <p> </p><p> Since performers only complain about not being on PPVs and A shows, is this a way to keep Hogan from getting upset not being on TV? Could I actually just run squash matches on these shows without fear of losing popularity/pissing off main eventers, assuming I put Hogan, Savage and the lot on PPVs?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, exactly. B shows are designed to benefit low-level/young workers with exposure and in-ring time. No-one worries if they're not on B shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, exactly. B shows are designed to benefit low-level/young workers with exposure and in-ring time. No-one worries if they're not on B shows.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Excellent. Thank you James, this has been very helpful.</p><p> </p><p> The mod is actually beautifully setup where the B-shows are on all the local channels, so it's essentially mirroring syndication. </p><p> </p><p> Do I even have to worry about not having an A show at this point? Should I just keep an eye on JCP once they start nipping at our heels?</p>

You don’t really need an A show since you can book big stars on the B show as well. As long as you have your PPV shows to grow the popularity you’ll be just fine. You will definitely be able to get on a better network than the local channels for the A show though, which helps your workers get over faster.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Events are sudden big bursts of pop and cash. TV shows are a more gradual thing.<p> </p><p> Popularity and money aside, having a TV show means more chances for your talent to work, as you don't have to cram pretty much everybody into the single monthly show. It also means more chances to develop their skills and gain popularity, especially if we're talking angles.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Events can be annual, monthly, or weekly. In addition to my monthly PPV, I run weekly events that last one hour, and I have a contract with a commercial broadcaster for them to appear on TV. They build my popularity just like a TV show does. I also have a weekly TV show, but it is looking pretty pointless, because it only draws half the gate as the weekly events.</p>

<p>Quick question regarding titles: If a promotion doesn not have fixed belts, could they realistically use retired titles as new belts? The scenerio I'm kinda noting is I'm playing a pre new WWE brand split so it has a lot of the reg old titles (Tag, WHC, Womens_ and I've imported the Raw/SD Womens/Tag and Uni/WHC belts as retired. Since I'm not playing as WWE, would they potentially utilize these belts or should I just throw em all in as active now?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks again!</p>

<p>As I am reading here, TV Shows bring just half of the gate but they give you more representation in the zones covered. I currently have one weekly TV Show, but as I need the money I am thinking to make a deal with the channel to air all my events and finish the TV Show, so the question is:</p><p> </p><p>

What is the difference about the TV Show and airing all the Events with the same broadcaster? What are the advantages / disadvantages in revenue and popularity, and why would you want a TV Show over airing all the Events?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks before hand!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Save_Us.Necro" data-cite="Save_Us.Necro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quick question regarding titles: If a promotion doesn not have fixed belts, could they realistically use retired titles as new belts?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've dug into the archives on this, because I vaguely recall it being discussed before.</p><p> </p><p> As far as I can tell, the answer is no. If an AI company has retired titles, they will never reactivate them. They may create new titles that match the same parameters, however.</p><p> </p><p> The retired titles are there for players to play with, if they wish, and also to make sure that title histories are intact.</p>

<p>does anyone know how to change the options on the "drop down menu"</p><p> </p><p>

example, say if I'm looking for razor ramon in the pic list so if i type "R" then "A" then "Z" then it will automatically take me to razor ramon</p><p> </p><p>

but on my laptop if i first type "R" then "A" it goes back to all the A wrestlers instead of the wrestlers names that start with an "RA"</p><p> </p><p>

does anyone know how to fix that?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="harrypotterhead" data-cite="harrypotterhead" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>does anyone know how to change the options on the "drop down menu"<p> </p><p> example, say if I'm looking for razor ramon in the pic list so if i type "R" then "A" then "Z" then it will automatically take me to razor ramon</p><p> </p><p> but on my laptop if i first type "R" then "A" it goes back to all the A wrestlers instead of the wrestlers names that start with an "RA"</p><p> </p><p> does anyone know how to fix that?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Mine does it if I pause too long between the R and the A</p>

Very, very small question:

On the Angle screen when booking a show, how do I set it to only show the default angles by, well, default - I have it set that way in one long term game I'm playing, and not the other.

That's not an option. That would mean that all those angles are set to default if it immediately shows all of them.

You could change it by going to book an angle, then pressing edit defaults.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Mine does it if I pause too long between the R and the A</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> yea it doesn't matter how fast I do it, maybe cause i'm using a mac with the Wine</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JamHead" data-cite="JamHead" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Could someone explain to me how the "usage" slider on the gimmicks work? Say I don't want them to use the gimmick in another company. Would I set it to 0%</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep. It's just the percentage of the chance that the promotion would use it.</p>

I remember seeing and reading occasionally that there used to be a mod for like the 70's or 80's in the C-Verse? Was that released for this TEW or is it in a previous version? Is anybody working on one?

I love the 97' C-Verse mod but would love to get more ingrained in C-Verse history by going further back in time.

I remember seeing and reading occasionally that there used to be a mod for like the 70's or 80's in the C-Verse? Was that released for this TEW or is it in a previous version? Is anybody working on one?

I love the 97' C-Verse mod but would love to get more ingrained in C-Verse history by going further back in time.

The creator was working on it for 2016, but i believe RL issues have held him up.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="atomzero" data-cite="atomzero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you create your own broadcaster as a promotion, can you make it bigger later, or would you have to create a new, bigger one?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It is a lot more expensive but you can increase the size of each region by paying a money.</p>