Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do potential owners need to be below a certain age to open a company?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If one is running a touring company, with 3 shows a week and 1 to 2 events pr. months, how long would you suggest the weekly shows are in lenght? 60 mins? 90 mins? 120 mins? I'm thinking 90 mins, but I'm unsure.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've got them at 3 hrs for a 60 man roster. One of my 3 shows is a TV show and 2 hours tho. I can fit in 10 matches, mostly all around 15 minute matches or more on my 3hr shows. And 6 more star-studded matches on my 2hr TV show.</p>

<p>I just think 3 hours is way to much for a gloryfied house show (Yeah, I also have 60 active atm)... I mean, if I were to have a 2-hour tv-show, and then 2 tour days in a week, I probably would not make them 3 hours, since that's the lenght of my events.</p><p> </p><p>

However, you do make a good point in putting 6 great matches on TV, and around 10 matches on each touring day so everyone is used in a week... and the two touring shows are not shown on TV anyways (only on the Tour Highlights deal)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just think 3 hours is way to much for a gloryfied house show (Yeah, I also have 60 active atm)... I mean, if I were to have a 2-hour tv-show, and then 2 tour days in a week, I probably would not make them 3 hours, since that's the lenght of my events.<p> </p><p> However, you do make a good point in putting 6 great matches on TV, and around 10 matches on each touring day so everyone is used in a week... and the two touring shows are not shown on TV anyways (only on the Tour Highlights deal)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My touring shows tend to be exclusively multi-man tag team matches. Tags, and trios more often than not but sometimes 4 v 4 and 5 v 5 outside of when I have my tournaments. It gets guys to their peaks pretty quickly. </p><p> </p><p> My events every 2 weeks have all my titles on the line (I have 8 titles), a throwaway 2 to 6 way high spots match, a throwaway 2 to 6 way technical masterclass match (this one is because of my product) then a battle royal for my juniors, and another for my heavies in the pre-show, usually 10 to 15 people in each of those.</p>

That would be my approach as well, basically keeping the one-on-one matches for my TV-Show and Events. Maybe throw in the occasional one-on-one at a touring show. I also have 8 titles and 5 tournaments. But can you really fill a three hour touring show? I mean, my TV-show is 2 hours long, and my Events are 3 hours (although I plan for fewer matches at the events, as the matches will be longer)

<p>So storyline question for everyone. Do you personally have tightly focused storylines set up for each feud you have or do you do something like "here are 6 of my lower mid-carders that will fill out my undercard" storyline? </p><p> </p><p>

I've tried both and I normally have my title feuds set up in a focused fashion but that causes some points where storylines only have an angle on that show where Wrestler X and wrestler Y hype their next match and the main event that doesn't have an associated storyline. And I've had the auto booker do my B shows where odd tag team combos show up like "Tag Team A" vs Wrestler B/C who each have different tag partners.</p><p> </p><p>

So what is your preferred way to set up your storylines (assuming that your company uses/requires them)?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That would be my approach as well, basically keeping the one-on-one matches for my TV-Show and Events. Maybe throw in the occasional one-on-one at a touring show. I also have 8 titles and 5 tournaments. But can you really fill a three hour touring show? I mean, my TV-show is 2 hours long, and my Events are 3 hours (although I plan for fewer matches at the events, as the matches will be longer)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ive had 10 matches per show for my 3hr events nearly all of them being at least 15 minutes with a roster of over 60. Sometimes not everyone even gets on the card. Been doing it for over 100 shows now I believe so its for sure doable. Ive had serious thoughts about moving to a full time schedule and just having two 3hr TV shows a week instead.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sdaubs" data-cite="sdaubs" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So storyline question for everyone. Do you personally have tightly focused storylines set up for each feud you have or do you do something like "here are 6 of my lower mid-carders that will fill out my undercard" storyline? </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Freestyle it on pretty much everything. The main title is reserved for main event talent so that's easy enough to keep the heat up on. I may have 6-8 workers involved in that storyline, and they'll cycle through challenging the champion and facing one another as they jocky for position. Occasionally there'll be overlap with a 'lower' storyline, which usually helps that one's heat.</p><p> </p><p> Further down, I may have a half-dozen or so storylines running if I'm at a big fed. Those might be focused on lower titles, or might be based on personal issues or sometimes just the chase to escape from the pack and move up the card.</p><p> </p><p> It's rare that I'll have a tightly focused storyline. Even if I'm looking at storylines up to a year in advance, which is fairly typical when running a big fed where I can be certain who'll be around that far in advance, then the point I'm booking to needs to be held off until late on - and gives me plenty of time to interweave the other guys in the storyline and get them over.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sdaubs" data-cite="sdaubs" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So storyline question for everyone. Do you personally have tightly focused storylines set up for each feud you have or do you do something like "here are 6 of my lower mid-carders that will fill out my undercard" storyline? <p> </p><p> snip</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I tend to run with lots of alliances and teams, so the storylines themselves can often involve a lot of workers, but those that are in it are specifically involved in said storyline.</p><p> </p><p> I actually tend to not create storylines at all if there isn't something focused. For example my current TV champion isn't getting storylines, I'm just cycling in different challengers at various points, there's no particular story other than 'they want belt'. At the point it becomes a more specific feud, I'll make a storyline.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ive had 10 matches per show for my 3hr events nearly all of them being at least 15 minutes with a roster of over 60. Sometimes not everyone even gets on the card. Been doing it for over 100 shows now I believe so its for sure doable. Ive had serious thoughts about moving to a full time schedule and just having two 3hr TV shows a week instead.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Same here. I don't want to start over, but thinking of changing it to a regular schedule in my off-month. In that case, it would be 2 TV shows lasting 2 hours each, with 2 events pr month, lasting 3 hours.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sdaubs" data-cite="sdaubs" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So storyline question for everyone. Do you personally have tightly focused storylines set up for each feud you have or do you do something like "here are 6 of my lower mid-carders that will fill out my undercard" storyline? <p> </p><p> I've tried both and I normally have my title feuds set up in a focused fashion but that causes some points where storylines only have an angle on that show where Wrestler X and wrestler Y hype their next match and the main event that doesn't have an associated storyline. And I've had the auto booker do my B shows where odd tag team combos show up like "Tag Team A" vs Wrestler B/C who each have different tag partners.</p><p> </p><p> So what is your preferred way to set up your storylines (assuming that your company uses/requires them)?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I almost always use tight/focused storylines when I'm doing an entertainment company. I'm usually running a dozen storylines at national and advancing one of them in every segment. At every PPV I'm having about 10 matches and two storylines that advance via angles.</p><p> </p><p> Sometimes if I've got like 3 or 4 tag teams or 8 workers with not much to do I'll throw them in a "storyline" just to get some heat bonuses on their random matches but I make sure that all my main stories, especially with titles, are super focused.</p>

Hey all, got a query about new workers being generated...

I started a save where I had New Worker Frequency set to start straight away. Realised I didnt want it so I changed it to start years later and put it to 'None'. However, they still started popping up. So I changed the the Regeneration setting to Disabled, thinking that might be it. But they're still popping up?

I'm concerned that this great save I've got going will be ruined because of all these wrestlers with silly names and skewed stats. Does anyone know why I can't turn them off? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Edit: I should mention its the '97 mod. Maybe the gameworld is a bit light on workers therefore it automatically generates?? I set smaller companies to hire only unemployed workers, maybe the gameworld needs x amount of unemployed people per region??

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dropkick" data-cite="Dropkick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey all, got a query about new workers being generated...<p> </p><p> I started a save where I had New Worker Frequency set to start straight away. Realised I didnt want it so I changed it to start years later and put it to 'None'. However, they still started popping up. So I changed the the Regeneration setting to Disabled, thinking that might be it. But they're still popping up?</p><p> </p><p> I'm concerned that this great save I've got going will be ruined because of all these wrestlers with silly names and skewed stats. Does anyone know why I can't turn them off? Am I missing something?</p><p> Thanks</p><p> </p><p> Edit: I should mention its the '97 mod. Maybe the gameworld is a bit light on workers therefore it automatically generates?? I set smaller companies to hire only unemployed workers, maybe the gameworld needs x amount of unemployed people per region??</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> workers are generated/regenerated a year in advance of their debut. so once you turn it off it will take a year to actually stop</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scorpion" data-cite="scorpion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>workers are generated/regenerated a year in advance of their debut. so once you turn it off it will take a year to actually stop</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can deal with that, good to know. Thank you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It depends on the size of the company, the acceptable range goes from 28-35 up to 60.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Does it get higher with company size or lower?</p><p> </p><p> I'd like a new local company to be opened up by someone who is older (which wasn't happening initially it seems because she was over 60). Is making her 59 going to make a difference or is the promotion too small?</p>

What do you guys do to trim down the massive unemployment? Do you create a child company or two and hire a bunch of talent for them? And then set the child companies free to be their own company? Just wondering, because there are hundreds of unemployed in my save.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheRyanLee" data-cite="TheRyanLee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you guys do to trim down the massive unemployment? Do you create a child company or two and hire a bunch of talent for them? And then set the child companies free to be their own company? Just wondering, because there are hundreds of unemployed in my save.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I often do that, but instead of signing people myself, I go into the ingame editor and give them hiring rules where they only hire unemployed people and then I sever the relationship. I do this once in awhile depending on my funds.</p>

I was thinking: If a worker has contracts with 2 or more companies, and I'm his second choice, and I have a show on the same night as his first choice employer, is there still a chance that I can use him or has that boat sailed? I mean, if he's not booked on their show, can I then use him?

<p>I am running a WWE save using the Jan 2018 Real World Chronicles mod. Let's say I want to get the May 2018 update for some new additions. How would I go about doing that and getting only the new additions into my current save? I don't want to overwrite anything or cause my game to crash. I just wondered if there was a way to import new workers... and possibly new promotions and new title belts. </p><p> </p><p>

Thanks!</p>