CornellVerse Help Please

I havent been on the forum for a while, I imagine im going to begin playing the game with just the CV active.

Having not used it much, if ever, before Im wondering if someone could "sell" it to me?

I remember a similar post being posted before but i cant find it.

To help you guys help me I should probably mention that whilst im aware of indy wrestlers worldwide and keep up with results etc, i dont watch alot of wrestling that isnt WWE.

Hope someone can help me with this.

I think this may be the thread you're looking for.

http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533240&highlight=sell+cornellverse

For me, I love the CVerse because there's such a variety of challenges in it. It's also built to perfectly take advantage of all of the game's features. Of course, it's hard to sell you on the updated database without knowing what's in it, but I love the great range of federations and wrestlers - from the 2013 National Battle between USPW/TCW/SWF in the USA, to the UK scene where 21CW reign supreme, to Australia where you have the 'soap opera' that's RAW, hardcore action in DIW, APW's more traditional feel or the zaniness of ZEN.

I'd say the best way to get into it, though, is simply by downloading the demo and taking a look. Whether that's at a particular fed - like the SWF, closest to today's WWE - or just an overview of the top wrestlers - it'll give you some idea.

Good luck, hope you come to love it as much as so many of us do! :)

My advice is simple. Read the bios. That's how I become addicted to the CVerse. I now have no desire to play with a real life database. It'd only make me even more biased. The Rock would hold every title in the WWE. The fans would lose their minds.

What sold me on the C-verse is the sense of discovery, and the impossibility of being inaccurate since its custom made.

Also there is a promotion style and workers of every kind. In the real world, as the times have changed, certain promotion styles have gone out of style and no longer exist. Or some stuff is so niche that its not popular. In the C-Verse world, a lot of styles are viable because of the number of workers who fit those styles, and how there is always an location in which a style, no matter how new or old in the real world, fits.

And just the relationships between characters, the history and lore of a different wrestling world is worth it.

You have nothing to compare it with. Real life mods have real life feuds and matches that cloud your own booking direction. Unless you're really good at forgetting certain things. I like creating my own company and building stars I've never heard of, based solely off a paragraph about them and some skills if I'm lucky. You play a few times just to sign different guys and see how they do. That way you know if they're worth pushing. I like running a sports entertainment style and building KC Glenn as my top babyface. But in 2016 I will be surprised if he is not on a written deal with TCW.

I'd say the best way to get into it, though, is simply by downloading the demo and taking a look. Whether that's at a particular fed - like the SWF, closest to today's WWE - or just an overview of the top wrestlers - it'll give you some idea.

Quoted for truth. Even as an old greybeard of C-Verse play and having been part of story mods in 08 and 10, this will be the first thing I do after I download the demo. My first save will be one I hopefully never lay physical tracks in. Whenever I install a TEW game anew, the first thing I do is set up a reference save. By doing this there are many things I can do. I can explore all the changes in the C-Verse since the last official update, I can see how far guys have come when I start to get multiple years into their development. I will often use the Reference save to pre-plan my roster for my next new game. Any time I want to know anything about how things stand when the game starts, my first stop is that reference save. It can be a lot easier that mucking around in the editor. Especially when you want to know about multiple guys or companies all at once.

Quoted for truth. Even as an old greybeard of C-Verse play and having been part of story mods in 08 and 10, this will be the first thing I do after I download the demo. My first save will be one I hopefully never lay physical tracks in. Whenever I install a TEW game anew, the first thing I do is set up a reference save. By doing this there are many things I can do. I can explore all the changes in the C-Verse since the last official update, I can see how far guys have come when I start to get multiple years into their development. I will often use the Reference save to pre-plan my roster for my next new game. Any time I want to know anything about how things stand when the game starts, my first stop is that reference save. It can be a lot easier that mucking around in the editor. Especially when you want to know about multiple guys or companies all at once.

Wow...I wish I thought to this in 2013! Ha!

I often found myself creating a save...snooping around for some ideas...deleting and then firing up a new game with a plan in place. After a little bit, my plan would peter out and I would fire up a new game--poke around, delete it and try a new game with a new plan! If only I had a specific reference save, I would've saved myself countless hours! Brilliant!

Archived