Deep Impact Wrestling

I decided to start a game with this fed via random number generator, and they're pretty fun to play with. Their roster isn't the most talented, but they're small enough where that's not the biggest problem and you can work on it.

After running a show using every wrestler on the default roster, we had a $9,000 loss. I've released Lou Brookmyre to save $1k per show, as loathe as I was to do that. I'm planning on using Big Jim as our road agent as well as our color guy, and I've given The Grand Avatar some announcing skills so I could release Dean Hawkins. We're already at the bare minimum of production costs. Even if I don't use every wrestler - let's say I skip about 6 of them per show - we're still looking at about $5.5k lost per show. Starting with $250k is nice, but I don't want to have that trickle away so quickly.

I'd like to bring The Void in, but the previously mentioned money problems are holding me back. I've also brought in Ceri Dordevich ($470/show) and Taniko Jo ($360/show) to try and hit the goal ratio of attractive women to workers.

Thoughts on how to save money would be great.

The Comedian starts as your biggest star, with Dumfrey Pinn as your top "heel" (though there's no face/heel split). Tombstone is at the top of the card and is clearly your future star, since he's pretty darn good in the ring. Mayhem Malloney and Milton Hittlespitz both seem like great choices to use in the main event in the future. Vaughan needs to improve in-ring, but his camera skills are good. Blitz Simpson, Mace Mueller, Gyula Lakatos and the East Coast Panther are all potential stars in my game.

Gyula Lakatos, one half of your starting tag champs, is the biggest locker room problem. Just a really terrible attitude.

The downside of the roster is how many people are in the late 30s, especially towards the main event side of things. Slowly moving some people up will be important.

I decided to start a game with this fed via random number generator, and they're pretty fun to play with. Their roster isn't the most talented, but they're small enough where that's not the biggest problem and you can work on it.

After running a show using every wrestler on the default roster, we had a $9,000 loss. I've released Lou Brookmyre to save $1k per show, as loathe as I was to do that. I'm planning on using Big Jim as our road agent as well as our color guy, and I've given The Grand Avatar some announcing skills so I could release Dean Hawkins. We're already at the bare minimum of production costs. Even if I don't use every wrestler - let's say I skip about 6 of them per show - we're still looking at about $5.5k lost per show. Starting with $250k is nice, but I don't want to have that trickle away so quickly.

I'd like to bring The Void in, but the previously mentioned money problems are holding me back. I've also brought in Ceri Dordevich ($470/show) and Taniko Jo ($360/show) to try and hit the goal ratio of attractive women to workers.

Thoughts on how to save money would be great.

The Comedian starts as your biggest star, with Dumfrey Pinn as your top "heel" (though there's no face/heel split). Tombstone is at the top of the card and is clearly your future star, since he's pretty darn good in the ring. Mayhem Malloney and Milton Hittlespitz both seem like great choices to use in the main event in the future. Vaughan needs to improve in-ring, but his camera skills are good. Blitz Simpson, Mace Mueller, Gyula Lakatos and the East Coast Panther are all potential stars in my game.

Gyula Lakatos, one half of your starting tag champs, is the biggest locker room problem. Just a really terrible attitude.

The downside of the roster is how many people are in the late 30s, especially towards the main event side of things. Slowly moving some people up will be important.

I have been in love with DIW since forever and they happen to be one of my favorite promotions to play with.

Honestly both of your tag team champions are toxic backstage, but Sonis can go in the ring and will no doubt be a huge help to Gyula(whom I'm a fan of). I would look over the roster as a whole and find people whom I can do without. As you've stated there are a number of people approaching 40 and they need to be phased out.

Personally even though your losing money, I'd sign The Australian Peoples Party(Marcus Kerr 21& Matt Stoppard 22), Black Flash(25) whose skills are unmatched compared to DIW's standards, and Surfer Dude Lucas whose 22. Once I have those four I'd job out Mayhem Mulhoney and God of War to all four to bleed off as much pop as possible. Once that's done they'd be released along with East Coast Panther as Black Flash has his skills and more. Also make extra sure that you are not covering any travel costs whatsoever.

Tombstone is the future of DIW unless RAW or APW come calling. I'd place Tombstone in a feud with Vaughn in order to give him something to do. I'd have my last in a lifetime feud with Comedian and Dumfrey Pinn to give them both their last BIG feud with each other. The history they share makes the feud not need the DIW Championship in order to mean something. I'd quickly move Pinn to a money feud with Tombstone followed by a money feud between Tombstone and Comedian. That should establish Tombstone as THE man and it may raise the profile of Pinn and Comedian anyway if they aren't in decline.

After they've done the job for Tombstone it'd be the time to use them for other things like Main Event Gatekeepers or something along those lines. Hell you could even team the two and raise the profile of your tag team division which desperately needs it. That's my two cents and I could have said more but I'll just shut up here :D.

• 2 months later...
Push Bob Shrunkle. To. The. MOON.

I don't know about to the moon. But I have found Bob underrated character wise. The match I gave Bob in the C-Verse dream match thread is based on the best game I ever had with him. I forget whether Ted Brady was the heel mastermind in that game or not. But Bob started out as the thuggish muscle for whomever it was in that save. As events played out, he started emerging as his own man. Eventually overthrowing the evil mastermind and turning into a bully schemer of his own. Threatening less prominent heels to do his will or get beaten up so badly they put their livelihood at risk. A Shrunkle v Pinn power struggle over control of the villainy industry in DIW could make for a great game. Much better than one might think offhand just judging Shrunkle by his render

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41309" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know about to the moon. But I have found Bob underrated character wise. The match I gave Bob in the C-Verse dream match thread is based on the best game I ever had with him. I forget whether Ted Brady was the heel mastermind in that game or not. But Bob started out as the thuggish muscle for whomever it was in that save. As events played out, he started emerging as his own man. Eventually overthrowing the evil mastermind and turning into a bully schemer of his own. Threatening less prominent heels to do his will or get beaten up so badly they put their livelihood at risk. A Shrunkle v Pinn power struggle over control of the villainy industry in DIW could make for a great game. Much better than one might think offhand just judging Shrunkle by his render</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not to pimp my own work in another's thread</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530260" rel="external nofollow">But I too am a fan of the Bob.</a></p>

• 4 months later...

Okay its official The Comedian is a freaking disease in DIW. Okay I have a custom character named after myself and I came in to book DIW and take them to the top. I'm a millionaire in the game or at least that's how I justified giving DIW 22M in order to start a network in the year 2013. Vaughan and Tombstone are THE top guys in the company in low 60's pop. Highest paid of the two is Vaughan at 1618 a month after his pay raise request was granted in its entirety. Comedian the very next day give's himself a raise to 1660 when his pop is ten points BELOW Tombstone and Vaughan.

Anyway we are not even regional yet, but we are actually starting to make money and are climbing the food chain. Vaughan and Tombstone have been kept away from each other and are both built as the men to beat. I've even created a second championship for Vaughan to hold so I can add more hype to their eventual meeting and build it as Champion vs Champion and Unbeaten vs Unbeaten. In closing, The Comedian is a greedy sack of crack and I can't wait until he gets seriously injured or dies lol.

• 1 year later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NoobzUnite" data-cite="NoobzUnite" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41309" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In closing, The Comedian is a greedy sack of crack and I can't wait until he gets seriously injured or dies lol.</div></blockquote><p> That's what Very High injury risk matches and Crazy bumps are for. Though The Comedian is one tough SOB, I keep booking him in both, add the Car Crash aim and he still walks away unscathed.</p><p> </p><p> Best part, Milton Hittlespritz botched a move and injured him, so the next day I got a new owner goal: "The Comedian is feeling vindictive, Milton Hittlespritz's popularity must not rise for the next 2 years"</p>

Archived