Scaling TV Ratings and PPV Buyrates to real life

If there is ever a chance to get this question answered, it is probably now.

What would be the ideal setting for 1997-98 era ratings and buyrates?

Ie:

WWF/WCW TV - 3.5-4.0 range

WWF/WCW PPV - 0.7 to 1.5 range

Feel free to also shar eany other "Era" templates so we can all apply them to mods. Thanks!

messing with a 2014 Mod right now, and can tell you that as a base, the USA Network should be small (I always had them at medium in 13). Messing with WWE's popularity to get a judge of rating, but a small USA network in the US pull between 3.9 and 4.7 viewers with a WWE popularity around 75-78. (Average show as an 80ish. small sample though)

I would focus more on viewers than the actual ratings.

With the Nielsen rating, a single point is based off a percentage of available viewers (1 Nielsen point = 1%). And Rayland Rating is based on 750,000 viewers. So, the rating is different, but the viewership can be made to work.

messing with a 2014 Mod right now, and can tell you that as a base, the USA Network should be small (I always had them at medium in 13). Messing with WWE's popularity to get a judge of rating, but a small USA network in the US pull between 3.9 and 4.7 viewers with a WWE popularity around 75-78. (Average show as an 80ish. small sample though)

With the Nielsen rating, a single point is based off a percentage of available viewers (1 Nielsen point = 1%). And Rayland Rating is based on 750,000 viewers. So, the rating is different, but the viewership can be made to work.

Wouldnt it make more sense to have USA Network set to medium or larger, considering WWE is Global, and just tinker with the PPV/TV Ratings unit numbers accordingly?

I tried making USA Network small and ended up making not Raw go off the air, but NXT as well. Maybe it was just because I did a USA only game, but once I fixed that they're both fine.

Archived