Booker vs. Owner

I searched through some of the TEW forums and didn't really see much discussion about this. Does anyone play as just a booker or does everyone go for the full control that Ownership offers? Is playing as a booker just too limiting for most players?

I searched through some of the TEW forums and didn't really see much discussion about this. Does anyone play as just a booker or does everyone go for the full control that Ownership offers? Is playing as a booker just too limiting for most players?

I always play as a booker. I like the additional challenges associated with owner goals and the various things they do that can affect your hiring. I love managing locker rooms, and having that additional hiccup with the boss re-signing someone I was going to let go, or preventing me from offering a contract to a person that will change the backstage atmosphere is very enjoyable to me.

I have had several games where I try to sign somebody and it says they are not interested in signing with me. Is there a way to set this up prior to a game? For instance I tried to Cherry Bomb in my SWF save and it just said that she was not interested in signing with SWF, and I have had other workers say that and not give a reason.

I have had several games where I try to sign somebody and it says they are not interested in signing with me. Is there a way to set this up prior to a game? For instance I tried to Cherry Bomb in my SWF save and it just said that she was not interested in signing with SWF, and I have had other workers say that and not give a reason.

If it's with SWF it's generally because you're too Risqué for them; try lowering that product setting and they may sign.

She's refusing because she's the current booker of AAA.

Unless I'm doing an RTG, I'm always the owner. I don't want to lose a bidding war because somebody tells me I'm not allowed to spend money. I'll handle my finances, thank you very much.

Although it balances out, because I'm NEVER a wrestler. I play as Vince or Bischoff 95% of the time.

Owner. I hate losing talent because the owner stops me from bidding a competitive amount for a particular. Also as frustrating is when you try to sign Champagne Lover or someone of that ilk and your owner stops you from bidding because he doesn't think said worker is worth it. Really? Champagne ****ing Lover is not worth any amount of money that I can offer him?

Because of that, I own whoever I play as.

Owner. I hate losing talent because the owner stops me from bidding a competitive amount for a particular. Also as frustrating is when you try to sign Champagne Lover or someone of that ilk and your owner stops you from bidding because he doesn't think said worker is worth it. Really? Champagne ****ing Lover is not worth any amount of money that I can offer him?

Because of that, I own whoever I play as.

Exactly. Look at Shinsuke Nakamura coming to WWE. If you're not the owner, you may not be able to do that because his pop in the US doesn't "warrant" a salary of more than $3500 per month. Really? A 36 year old* Japanese icon, with (in my opinion) exceptional charisma, isn't somebody we should be willing to splurge on? Screw that, I'll spend the money however I see it to guarantee success in the future.

* Nearly 3 years younger than AJ Styles, by the way.

I usually play as the owner but one of my favorite games in 2013 I played as KP Avatar and was the booker for GSW. Grimm was a pain, making unreal demands for profits and his "no felons" rule meant I had to let some of my best workers go. But working through all that to kicking IPW's butt made it worth it

Always owner, though I do honor Farrah and make sure that her protegés (Ashley Grover & Maria Guest) and favorites (Danielle Sweetheart & Jillian Jarvis) are booked strongly. I soured on owner goals the first game they were introduced because I kept getting the dumbest goals imaginable. Goals that might make sense for male promotions but stretched my suspension of disbelief too much when applied to women. When your talent pool is more of a talent puddle, putting onerous restrictions on who you can hire (or re-sign) can be counterproductive and totally not fun for someone whose focus is always on talent development.

Archived