Thoughts on end of year power rankings

Wondering what everyone else thinks about the end of year power rankings. In my data testing of real world mods, Japan dominates and it seems likely it is because they work so many more matches against people of their own skill level.

Wondering what the experience is with CVerse and if anyone else sees this problem?

Perhaps a tweak to the formula to add a little bias to boost American workers? Maybe kayfabe the awards a little?

It depends on your criteria, I suppose.

The in game P500 clearly states that it's the best wrestlers, based on match ratings, whilst the real life PWI500 is based on a whole host of different things.

I think if we did a top 500 based purely on wrestling, there'd be quite a lot of Japanese wrestlers in or around the top 20

Well comparing it to the PWI is instantly a misunderstanding as PWI is purely kayfabe. The Miz placed #1 in 2011 simply by being the WWE champion.

In TEW its slighted because the way puro companies are run means that they are basically in major matches on a weekly basis, unlike real life where smaller shows are bogged with multi man tag matches and the like. Even then, it also assumes that everyone involved in the process has a global scope in terms of wrestling which just isn't realistic as there are tons of people who don't bother with anything outside of even the US, Mexico included.

i think the power 500 should work as if every company is Much Perf>Pop since it puts workers in a more even playing field becasue what a match gets rated off of pretty much changes whether or not a worker gets the top spot. either that or make a differnet one for each type.

Archived