***August '93*** The New Generation Mod

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Smasher1311" data-cite="Smasher1311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42039" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know that the guy didn't take this seriously, but was this truly necessary? To tell a mod maker that you'd prefer to wait for another mod, superior or not, rather than play his, could make him uncomfortable and unsure about his abilities, thus messing up with the potential that he can reach. Just my 50 cents. I'll give my input on the mod when I get home, after all, the guy took his time to release this, so it's the least I can do. We should all be thankful for more mod makers popping up, regardless if they're inferior to Matt or justtxyank or anyone else in the eyes of any person in here.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't find this particular quote difficult to read. </p><p> </p><p> I've had people tell me this before -- I don't think it is a problem as long as the comment itself isn't out of line. Plus, this is a risk you run creating a mod chronologically close to announced mods -- one I understand as I am making a 1992 mod. </p><p> </p><p> On one hand, Individuals deserve positive encouragement, on the other, they also deserve constructive criticism so they can improve. I am a firm believer that constructive criticism helps improve efforts, and this particular post didn't even criticize the material.</p>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KnowYourEnemy" data-cite="KnowYourEnemy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42039" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I didn't find this particular quote difficult to read. <p> </p><p> I've had people tell me this before -- I don't think it is a problem as long as the comment itself isn't out of line. Plus, this is a risk you run creating a mod chronologically close to announced mods -- one I understand as I am making a 2016 mod. </p><p> </p><p> On one hand, Individuals deserve positive encouragement, on the other, they also deserve constructive criticism so they can improve. I am a firm believer that constructive criticism helps improve efforts, and this particular post didn't even criticize the material.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It wasn't out of line, sure, but he was basically telling him that Matt's mod is better and nothing else. It was just unnecessary. He did thank him, but it was more of a "Thanks but no thanks" than a real thank you. He could have said that Matt's mod was something he could take some inspiration from, as he would make his point and give some good advice to the man. By just flat out telling him it is a better option, he made no constructive points, other than hyping a different mod maker, and risked having Best's confidence take a hit. My point was that his post was unnecessary, and just that, period.</p>

<p>Since I started playing in 09... I've always wanted a February 92 mod (post flair rumble) so I could fix mania 8, and a 93 mod (preferable pre WM9)</p><p> </p><p>

The fact we may be getting both of those this year is amazing. I'm gonna buy myself a new laptop for the occasion</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Smasher1311" data-cite="Smasher1311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42039" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It wasn't out of line, sure, but he was basically telling him that Matt's mod is better and nothing else. It was just unnecessary. He did thank him, but it was more of a "Thanks but no thanks" than a real thank you. He could have said that Matt's mod was something he could take some inspiration from, as he would make his point and give some good advice to the man. By just flat out telling him it is a better option, he made no constructive points, other than hyping a different mod maker, and risked having Best's confidence take a hit. My point was that his post was unnecessary, and just that, period.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What's unnecessary is importing and stealing other people's work and claiming you made a mod.</p>

You can tweak it for your personal use.... BUT DO NOT RELEASE THAT DATA!

(BREAKING FORUM RULES)

I'm gonna point out that your took a 1991 mod, did barely any work to it, and then released it. If he took the time to update it to a working 1993 mod, he would have done more work than you. But, if you say don't release it, I guess he won't release it.

I'm gonna point out that your took a 1991 mod, did barely any work to it, and then released it. If he took the time to update it to a working 1993 mod, he would have done more work than you. But, if you say don't release it, I guess he won't release it.

I should have contacted him by private message, as per proper rules, instead of asking in a thread.

I have currently redirected my efforts to working on a September '92 mod if you are interested.

• 3 years later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="the_crippler_2004" data-cite="the_crippler_2004" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42039" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it possible to repost the data?? And pictures pack</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're absolutely desperate for a 1993 mod, go to Togg's <a href="http://www.homeofprowrestling.com" rel="external nofollow">http://www.homeofprowrestling.com</a> website and download TSUMirren's 1993 mod. Honestly, it's not great either, but it's way better than what this one was.</p>

That mod is excellent I've been playing it ever since I discovered it. You get to start at virtually the very start of RAW, you can rebook Wrestlemania 9 with the likes of Hogan and Savage still in the company, or you can take over WCW at the very start of the Bischoff era, do ECW in its infancy, SMW is fairly new at this point, USWA was a lot of fun doing the WWF invasion in 93. There is so much to do. I've wanted a 93 mod for years and when Justin was talking about doing one I was so excited, then Harvey happened and it died. Luckily Tsu made an excellent mod. I can't sing its praises enough having 91-98 all in order is pretty awesome.