The Swoop Hard Challenge - 2016 Edition

So some time in 2013's lifespan myself and DJ came up with the 'Swoop Hard Challenge' (though it was more him making up the criteria, I just contributed with the Swoop McCarthy part). I've decided to update the rules for 2016.

*Note* This challenge is pretty much impossible with the Default database due to the way Adam has set up pop in TEW16. I'd highly recommend downloading Derek B's CV16X (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534757) and playing this challenge using that database.

First Step

Easy part here, just start a new game, give yourself the "Greatest" Reputation and select Swoop McCarthy as your avatar. When asked if you want to remove all other Avatar characters from the game, select yes.

User Talents and Preferences

You can set your user talents however you want. With Preferences, some of them need to be set a certain way, some can be decided by you.

These are the User Preferences that I will be using.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/72c1185514ca43b38c47b4a6520b2cbb.png

The non-mandatory user preferences are:

• Show stats as grades rather than numbers.
  • Dirt sheet match breakdown is hidden.
  • Pre-booking reminders are turned on.
  • Show main event at top of lists.

These preferences can be turned on or off at the user's will, but all other preferences must match the above image.

Setting up the company

The Swoop Hard Challenge is all about setting up your own company with Swoop McCarthy as the owner. You can name it whatever you want, there are only 3 rules you must abide by:

• The "challenge level" must be set at Rock Hard.
  • The company must be based in the United States, for maximum challenge try the Tri-State or the South West region.
  • The product must have the analysis note "will mean wrestlers are rated more on popularity than performance". If you're feeling particularly daring, you can amp up the challenge to "will mean workers are rated much more on popularity than performance". Either way, it has to be a pop > perf company.

Hiring Rules

Now that you have the company up and running, there are also some rules in terms of who you can hire.

Local Size: At Local you are only allowed to sign workers with 0 popularity in your home region. So if you're in the South West, you can still sign someone who is over in the Tri-State, but only if they have 0 pop in the South West.

Small Size: At Small you can sign anyone with 9 pop or less in your home region.

Regional Size: At Regional you can sign anyone with 19 pop or less in your home region.

Cult Size: At Cult you can hire anyone who's top pop in the US is level or lower than your popularity in your second most popular region. So for example, Kirk Jameson has 35 pop in Puerto Rico. My company has 60 pop in South West (my home region) and then my second most popular region is the Tri-State, with 40 pop. I can sign Kirk Jameson because my second most popular region is higher than his highest US pop.

National Size: Once you hit national, you are free to sign anyone you like. But don't be too happy, because you also have to immediately declare war on every National or above promotion in the US.

Note: The hiring rules do not apply to off-screen personnel or referees and commentators. They pretty much only apply to Managers, Wrestlers, Personalities and Authority Figures.

The Goal

Your ultimate objective is to take your local sized company all the way to Global size. To make it even more ludicrously hard, you can apply the objective of also having to open your own broadcaster with "Enormous" coverage in every game area.

<p>Can I add to the challenge that every match you do involving Swoop has to open with his theme song (played by the user) "Swoop There It Is!"</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/c8AyVhs3gJU?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Tag Team - Whoomp! (There It Is) (Original) [HQ]"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p>

Seriously though this sounds fun.</p>

Problem here, do the workers have to be EXACTLY zero? Because there are like four guys with exactly zero pop in the US when I started my challenge and Crusher Von Steinberg is far too expensive.

Could the cap be at least moved to like 5 or something? Otherwise this whole thing seems kind of...unplayable when even some scrub from ACPW has at least 3 pop in America

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Pteroid" data-cite="Pteroid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42418" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Problem here, do the workers have to be EXACTLY zero? Because there are like four guys with exactly zero pop in the US when I started my challenge and Crusher Von Steinberg is far too expensive.<p> </p><p> Could the cap be at least moved to like 5 or something? Otherwise this whole thing seems kind of...unplayable when even some scrub from ACPW has at least 3 pop in America</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea, I've noticed that too. I'm guessing in TEW13 people had less pop so finding people with 0 pop was a lot easier. I'd suggest downloading Derek B's CV16X (<a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534757" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534757</a>). It basically re-works the pop of the workers to make it so that if someone has no history of working in a region, they're less likely to have pop there. I'm already finding a lot more workers that fit to the rules than with default CV, where this challenge is pretty much impossible by the looks of things.</p>

Archived