Question about Dynasty Formatting

Sorry to start a new thread for this, but I couldn't decide an appropriate place to ask this question:

I see a lot of dynasties where someone has a picture of a worker shrunken down from the standard 150 x 150. I like this scaled down size for managers or backstage interviewers and would like to use this in my diary.

Can someone help me to post pics in that size? I assume its a posting html tag and not an actual pic uploaded in a smaller size.

I use Photobucket if that matters...

Thanks!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Crossface" data-cite="Crossface" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry to start a new thread for this, but I couldn't decide an appropriate place to ask this question:<p> </p><p> I see a lot of dynasties where someone has a picture of a worker shrunken down from the standard 150 x 150. I like this scaled down size for managers or backstage interviewers and would like to use this in my diary.</p><p> </p><p> Can someone help me to post pics in that size? I assume its a posting html tag and not an actual pic uploaded in a smaller size. </p><p> </p><p> I use Photobucket if that matters... </p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're speaking about mine, in particular, then it is pictures that I've scaled down. The wrestlers' pictures are scaled down to 75x75 and the managers, interviewers, etc. are scaled down to 65x65. I, also, add a border on them. All of this done via Paint Shop Pro.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="angeldelayette" data-cite="angeldelayette" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you're speaking about mine, in particular, then it is pictures that I've scaled down. The wrestlers' pictures are scaled down to 75x75 and the managers, interviewers, etc. are scaled down to 65x65. I, also, add a border on them. All of this done via Paint Shop Pro.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the reply angel. You are one of the writers I was thinking of, but your pics always looked slightly different from the pic pack so I'm not surprised that you edited them some to give them your signature look. </p><p> </p><p> Of the top of my head, I also noticed AndyLion uses it in some of his work. Not sure if he resizes before he uploads as well, or if he has a posting trick.</p>

<p>I know the trick. I'll use one of my own images as an example.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><pre class="ipsCode">75x75https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62181279/Nexxus%20Drako1.png[/img]</pre><div></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

This code works on most forums. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on vBulletin, which is what this forum uses. I would assume people resize and upload to Photobucket or such.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry to hijack this thread but how do you post links in your own thread like when people post show histories so that link opens up just that specific post? (Hope I explained that right!)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If I am reading this correctly, here's what you do...</p><p> </p><p> To take your post in a for instance, there is a #7 in the upper right hand corner. Click on that and it will take you directly to just that post. Copy the address and then go back to your post. You will see something that looks like the earth and a chain that when you hover over it, it says insert link. Click on that and insert the link into the pop-up box and press enter. Then you can enter in what you want it to say in the middle portion and that should work for you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="angeldelayette" data-cite="angeldelayette" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I am reading this correctly, here's what you do...<p> </p><p> To take your post in a for instance, there is a #7 in the upper right hand corner. Click on that and it will take you directly to just that post. Copy the address and then go back to your post. You will see something that looks like the earth and a chain that when you hover over it, it says insert link. Click on that and insert the link into the pop-up box and press enter. Then you can enter in what you want it to say in the middle portion and that should work for you.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Alternatively, type what you want it to say, highlight, click the earth chain thing, and paste your link</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="angeldelayette" data-cite="angeldelayette" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I am reading this correctly, here's what you do...<p> </p><p> To take your post in a for instance, there is a #7 in the upper right hand corner. Click on that and it will take you directly to just that post. Copy the address and then go back to your post. You will see something that looks like the earth and a chain that when you hover over it, it says insert link. Click on that and insert the link into the pop-up box and press enter. Then you can enter in what you want it to say in the middle portion and that should work for you.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p>

<p>I have a question to add to this. </p><p> </p><p>

How do people get those borders in their dynasties? I think it makes for a cleaner look and makes it so that the reader doesn't have to drag their eyes across the page, but can't quite figure out how to add it to mine. </p><p> </p><p>

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KnowYourEnemy" data-cite="KnowYourEnemy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I do have a question. How does one insert videos into a diaries? I used to use an old embed code generator to do so, but it seems to no longer work.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, how to really import/insert a youtube video?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BestInThaWorld21" data-cite="BestInThaWorld21" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, how to really import/insert a youtube video?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> On the Youtube video in question, click 'share,' go to the 'embed' tab, and copy/paste the code there directly into the post.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Andylion" data-cite="Andylion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On the Youtube video in question, click 'share,' go to the 'embed' tab, and copy/paste the code there directly into the post.</div></blockquote><p> Thank you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Diesel726" data-cite="Diesel726" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a question to add to this. <p> </p><p> How do people get those borders in their dynasties? I think it makes for a cleaner look and makes it so that the reader doesn't have to drag their eyes across the page, but can't quite figure out how to add it to mine. </p><p> </p><p> Any help would be awesome. Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Borders?</p><p> </p><p> If you mean having the text set in from the sides of the page, use the indent buttons when you've selected the relevant text. They're the 2 buttons under the text colour button (A with a black bar underneath). I typically indent my diary posts by 3-4 times. Button on the left decreases the indent, button on the right increases it.</p><p> </p><p> If you mean having them in the grey boxes, you select the text you want and hit the quote (speech bubble) button. You can use both, to be clear.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Diesel726" data-cite="Diesel726" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a question to add to this. <p> </p><p> How do people get those borders in their dynasties? I think it makes for a cleaner look and makes it so that the reader doesn't have to drag their eyes across the page, but can't quite figure out how to add it to mine. </p><p> </p><p> Any help would be awesome. Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I've used color-shaded borders for some posts. This involves using the following, bracketed between < and > and ended with /div, also bracketed by carrots.</p><p> </p><p> div style="border: solid 5px #000000;" </p><p> </p><p> The number before px equals the desired border width and the string of numbers after the # sign is the color code.</p><p> </p><p> Put into use, this would look like:</p><p> </p><p> <div style="border: solid 5px #000000;"></p><p> Text</p><p> </p><p> </div></p>

Archived