big differences for Small vs Regional

So I'm unsure whether I should cap my fed at small for now as opposed to rising up. I don't have to pay everyone monthly at small and I'm making money that way. I realize I would make more sponsorship money at Regional but I'd rather get established in a few areas first.

What are the advantages to either staying small sized or moving up to regional?

Make your case!

<p>Staying at small can allow you to build up your cash reserves to help with that sudden increase of pay for awhile. As you also state, it'll allow you to also build up other areas that you may feel inclined to need at regional.</p><p> </p><p>

If you don't have quite a few areas that are at a good level at small, I would definitely recommend getting them up, so as to give yourself a few more areas to spread out your shows.</p><p> </p><p>

You can also help build up your talent that you already are using by staying small, because when you hit regional, there will be bigger expectations of your shows.</p><p> </p><p>

However, at regional you'll have more money, more opportunities and able to get guys who you couldn't at small to sign with you at regional. Bringing more star power and having better shows as a result.</p><p> </p><p>

Honestly, I would take a look at your company and decide on which side you think your company will benefit from better.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nebradska" data-cite="nebradska" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42509" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I honestly cannot think of any reason to not make the size jump to regional. The advantages entirely outweigh any negatives.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> when you sign contracts to regional you have to pay downside on contracts</p>

Another reason to get your money in your reserves. To soften the downsides.

At regional, I usually run shows about one hour and thirty minutes. That's usually enough to sling together a show, but not long enough to over stay your welcome.

Also, try to keep the minimal amount of wrestlers on your show. If it says you need 20, go with that and hire someone on only if someone else gets injured. The less people you have, the less downsides you need to pay out.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="petecrimson00" data-cite="petecrimson00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42509" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>when you sign contracts to regional you have to pay downside on contracts</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If I'm actively growing a company, by regional I'm running weekly shows. Downsides are never a concern.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nebradska" data-cite="nebradska" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42509" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I'm actively growing a company, by regional I'm running weekly shows. Downsides are never a concern.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're paying them every month. For me my company makes like 1,000 more dollars as regional and I'd have to pay downsides. I'm making nearly 30k each month running 2-3 shows a month. </p><p> </p><p> Granted I have everyone signed to long contracts in case I grow to Regional so I don't have to pay downsides, but anyone I signed would have to get paid per month.. I'm making as much money as possible.</p><p> </p><p> At regional I'd pay more money in production, marketing, etc. as well as paying downsides and not making much more sponsor money. The only people I can't sign are guys with like 70 pop but why would I need to? I'm getting 60+events and have 80+ matches consistenly. I'm just really failing to see the point in raising up if I'm not getting more ticket sales, sponsors, have to pay people monthly (massive roster mind you). Just doesn't seem like wise business</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="petecrimson00" data-cite="petecrimson00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42509" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You're paying them every month. For me my company makes like 1,000 more dollars as regional and I'd have to pay downsides. I'm making nearly 30k each month running 2-3 shows a month.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A downside is only a guarantee of a certain amount per month. If they make $1000 per show and have a $1000 downside, you only need to use them once per month to avoid paying the downside. Or, if they had a downside of $1100 and you used them only once that month, you'd pay them the extra $100 at the end of the month. It's not a monthly retainer. If you're running 2-3 shows per month, you should not be paying any downsides.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="petecrimson00" data-cite="petecrimson00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42509" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm just really failing to see the point in raising up if I'm not getting more ticket sales, sponsors, have to pay people monthly (massive roster mind you).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As stated above, downsides are nothing more than a minimum monthly payment to be met if the worker is paid less than the downside for his total appearances for the month.</p><p> </p><p> Also, you do get quite a large bump in ticket sales and sponsorship money.</p><p> </p><p> The only size jumps that you may want to delay are regional to cult (if you aren't financially prepared for the large new costs of business) and cult to national (if you're going to be woefully outmatched in national battles).</p>

Archived