Crowd management & puroresu; or, why isn't my Tokyo Dome main event an A?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42533" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've used it a few times. It works well as an alternate to calming the crowd.<p> </p><p> If you use someone with a gimmick that isn't suited to Comedy matches it will let you know. It works the other way around though. If someone's Comedy rating is low you can counteract that by them having a Comedy gimmick. </p><p> </p><p> I don't know if it's a 1 to 1 compensation though between gimmick and Comedy Performance rating.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Comedy and Eye Candy both drop it back down to basically where it was at the start of the show. I usually use them to split the show into self contained segments with a semi-main event halfway through followed by one of these and then building up again to the real main event.</p><p> </p><p> I can't tell if calm the crowd just brings it down a bit or brings it down all the way.</p><p> </p><p> What are some specific things that cause burnout? I know for a fact that two Steal the Show/Highspots matches in a row will do this. I've heard you can just keep them hot for too many segments in a row but I've not really tried to push it too far. Would "hot" in this case just mean the two levels of heat it seems possible to get just by "This match got the crowd hotter notes" or would it mean "buzzing"?</p>

Archived