CGC WrestleFestival

Just wondering how you guys book the WrestleFestival since it's a two day event. I am going to be treating it as my wrestle mania obviously and have day two set as the season finale so my big matches and storylines will take place then but I don't know what to do for day one. Do you bring in outside workers? If so, how do you ensure the matches are good enough for a historic level ppl? I am considering maybe some type of tourney on day one and using a different themed tourney every year (tag, cruiserweight etc) with a big match from my storylines as the main event.

What do you guys normally do to ensure you have two really good shows while still keeping the feel of a two day marathon event?

The last time I played CGC I just pushed day two to the end of the month and made them two separate events. This time I really want to book it like it was intended

What do you do if there's no big stars available? A lot of stars won't sign with me at cult. And do you build story's into every match or do you do your standard story's and then just fill random matches with outsiders with no real backstory?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nymetfan" data-cite="nymetfan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42862" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you do if there's no big stars available? A lot of stars won't sign with me at cult. And do you build story's into every match or do you do your standard story's and then just fill random matches with outsiders with no real backstory?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've never played CGC. But I'd like to think one thing I'd do is have some kind of scenario where one of the guest matches was the springboard to a post-festival storyline. Sort of we invite Wrestle X to the festival out of the goodness of our hearts. And you, YOU MR. HEEL, take it upon yourself to try and cripple them? Or humiliate them? Sexually harass them? Stuff them into a giant chicken suit? Treat them in any way I don't like? NOT ON MY WATCH, BUCKO!!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nymetfan" data-cite="nymetfan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42862" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you do if there's no big stars available? A lot of stars won't sign with me at cult. And do you build story's into every match or do you do your standard story's and then just fill random matches with outsiders with no real backstory?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I usually do talent trade with TCW or a Japanese Fed in order to bring in 1-2 stars. Sometimes I do storylines starting 2-3 weeks prior to WrestleFestival, sometimes just bring them in for 1 match during these two days.</p>

I played as CGC for a diary in TEW 2013. I booked WrestleFestival so that the first day informed the second day in some ways. For example, I had a battle royale on Day 1 that crowned a new #1 contender for the Canadian Championship, and then had the Canadian Championship match on Day 2. I had a run-in happen on Day 1 that led to a match being booked for Day 2, and a promo cut on Day 1 led to a match on Day 2.

Another thing I did was have the main event of Day 1 be a three-on-three tag mag between the 3 remaining DeColt brothers vs. the Elite stable, which served both as a continuation of the stable vs. stable feud, but also served as an appetizer for Day 2, where each DeColt brother had a one-on-one match with a member of Elite, the CGC World Championship defended in the main event.

The one mod I used (and still use for the TEW 2016 games) includes a huge number of additional real-life venues. So, for Day 1, I used the 19,000-seat FirstOntario Center in Hamilton, Ontario, as the venue. On Day 2, which I viewed as the climax of the year, I held WrestleFestival at the 20,000+ seat Air Canada Centre in downtown Toronto. Basically, the idea being that Day 1 was the "lesser" of the two days by having it in a huge but lesser known city, then having the "bigger" of the two days just a little down the road in Canada's largest city.

Especially now with the way 1-off contracts work in TEW 2016, I'd definitely bring in big name stars you don't plan to have on your normal roster. The bump in terms of ticket sales due to the event prestige and the increase in terms of the attractiveness of the card justifies you spending a little more than you normally do on talent for a "special" occasion. Might also be a good time to hire retired wrestlers who still have popularity to make an appearance, not unlike what WWE does with the Hall of Fame inductees during WrestleMania.

I played as CGC for a diary in TEW 2013. I booked WrestleFestival so that the first day informed the second day in some ways. For example, I had a battle royale on Day 1 that crowned a new #1 contender for the Canadian Championship, and then had the Canadian Championship match on Day 2. I had a run-in happen on Day 1 that led to a match being booked for Day 2, and a promo cut on Day 1 led to a match on Day 2.

Another thing I did was have the main event of Day 1 be a three-on-three tag mag between the 3 remaining DeColt brothers vs. the Elite stable, which served both as a continuation of the stable vs. stable feud, but also served as an appetizer for Day 2, where each DeColt brother had a one-on-one match with a member of Elite, the CGC World Championship defended in the main event.

The one mod I used (and still use for the TEW 2016 games) includes a huge number of additional real-life venues. So, for Day 1, I used the 19,000-seat FirstOntario Center in Hamilton, Ontario, as the venue. On Day 2, which I viewed as the climax of the year, I held WrestleFestival at the 20,000+ seat Air Canada Centre in downtown Toronto. Basically, the idea being that Day 1 was the "lesser" of the two days by having it in a huge but lesser known city, then having the "bigger" of the two days just a little down the road in Canada's largest city.

Especially now with the way 1-off contracts work in TEW 2016, I'd definitely bring in big name stars you don't plan to have on your normal roster. The bump in terms of ticket sales due to the event prestige and the increase in terms of the attractiveness of the card justifies you spending a little more than you normally do on talent for a "special" occasion. Might also be a good time to hire retired wrestlers who still have popularity to make an appearance, not unlike what WWE does with the Hall of Fame inductees during WrestleMania.

Love the idea of day one leading into day two. I can't do talent trades though because I'm playing Ricky revolt as the booker and Alex won't allow alliances. Grrrrr

Love the idea of day one leading into day two. I can't do talent trades though because I'm playing Ricky revolt as the booker and Alex won't allow alliances. Grrrrr

Lack of trades is a definite bummer. That said, you can now book local talent for a one-day contract straight from the booking screen, so you might have some luck with a retired wrestler you can sign to a one-day appearance to be in an angle or something. Also, as long as it's not day-of, consider signing a legend or two to a one-appearance non-wrestling PPA contract, or heck, a one-appearance wrestling PPA contract if they are sufficiently popular and not utter garbage in the ring. I'm thinking like how Snuka/Piper/and mostly Ricky Steamboat took on Chris Jericho at WrestleMania XXV.

Archived