BowlBound v DDS college football 2017

Sorry if I am intruding the topic into GDS, but saw a new game on Wolverine.

I have not got this but would like to know what is your thoughts of it

I like to play Bowl bound a lot but this new college game from Wolverine is making me feel like a traitor to Bowl Bound game that I love

Apologies for bringing this to your attention

I haven't tried it yet as it just came out this weekend and is still in its early stages. Bowl Bound has had numerous updates and revisions, offers customized conference/schedule formats and is still very popular with online leagues. If people would like to give Bowl Bound a try, there's a free demo here:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/downloads.php?id=61

You can also get the game on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/398640/

<p>I got the DDSCF game. It's good when it works. But is very buggy. The recruiting is kind of good (with scouting points and recruiting interest points) but no depth (you can't pitch to a player like you can here). Also you can see the play happening in 2d live (call a play and watch the dots simulating players move around)</p><p> </p><p>

Also it is buggy. I end up getting those error null value exception memory issues a lot that corrupt my saves and that makes it unplayable. If they can somehow get that fixed then it will be good.</p>

<p>I bought it. I think for a first gen game it has potential. There are a lot of things that BBCF offers that DDSCB does not. Hiring/firing of coaches etc... I also think that BBCF recruiting is miles ahead. The only thing that I do not like about BBCF recruiting is that it does not take place during the season...only visits etc...</p><p> </p><p>

I have been a long time fan of BBCF and have always wished they would upgrade a new version of the game. Like Arlie said, they have offered updates, revisions to conf etc.... but the fact the game still is placed on only the resolution it offers is very outdated.</p><p> </p><p>

I wish (Arlie, hint, hint) they would dive back in and complete a new game. I think the BBCF is still a very solid game for it to be 12+ years old. Not much needs to change, just new paint and polishing to support higher resolution to get more info on the screens etc....</p><p> </p><p>

I really think there would be an outpouring of support for this since this game and the new DDSCB are the ONLY two productions in a starved market for a good college football game.</p>

You can check my YouTube channel (I've got some BBCF videos posted and linked here on the forums). We are starting a DDSCF league along with our two BBCF leagues (which will continue!!!) and I"ve done some similar videos where I do a little comparison and contrast.

I think it's a solid game and it's completely different from BBCF. Certainly a big change after 11 years of playing BBCF (need a BBCF 2017 Arlie..lol).

Anyway, maybe my videos will help a little with the question.

Archived