Debuts, how often?

Does anyone limit the number of debuts they have per number of weeks? By debut I'm only referring to anyone who would autopush at lower Midcarder or below, obviously there are some variables, like a brand split, but for the sake of this question, let's say it's a company without a brand split, of course there are also at least four different types of debuting a newbie, singles star (John Cena), new tag team (cade and murdoch), new tag team partner (crash holly) and faction (the shield). I'm mostly interested in how often the first 3 should occur, as unless you're running a promotion that is heavily faction based you're only going to debut a new faction maybe once every few years.

<p>It depends, half the time I sign multiple people at the same time and they will debut at the same time, i'm pretty bad for blowing my load and introducing everyone at the same time. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm getting better, however of sorting out starting feuds and putting people on a holiday until it's the right time to introduce them.</p><p> </p><p>

Often at the start of games i'll be signing 10+ people and releasing a few , but a lot will be debuting at the same time. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm improving in that regard slowly.</p>

I usually do some hype videos and then debut them on my B-show, or on the pre-show. Then (if they start out as enhancement talent), I build them up to around lower midcarder before they debut on my A-show. In my current WCW save, I've had 5 debuts in the last 8 months (all of whom have debuted on my B-show).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43094" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I usually do some hype videos and then debut them on my B-show, or on the pre-show. Then (if they start out as enhancement talent), I build them up to around lower midcarder before they debut on my A-show. In my current WCW save, I've had 5 debuts in the last 8 months (all of whom have debuted on my B-show).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> B-Show debuts are what I do also....unless a Big star then they go to A-Show sometimes even debuting on a PPV if relevant for storylining</p>

I usually have a plan for everyone I bring and dive right into it, even though I forget they've got jobber level overness on day one. I'm getting better at not having like six people debut on the first episode though. If it's a promotion that has a dev territory I'll usually hold a few guys there just to give me some time to debut them.

<p>When they're ready and I have something to do for them in terms of developmental. Usually try to counteract the morale loss if they think they're ready by tossing them a bonus when they debut on the main roster</p><p> </p><p>

If I sign someone to the main roster it's one of two things</p><p> </p><p>

1. If they're a free agent or from a smaller company I'm looking to build them or use them to build someone else. For example: In my SWF save I signed Remmy Skye to try and help him turn his life around and build him up but I signed Bryan Holmes to give my low card guys someone to help build their psychology.</p><p> </p><p>

2. If I'm signing them from a rival it's usually a big time debut at a PPV if they're midcard or higher. I insert them into some kind of big feud immediately to freshen up the card.</p>

<p>Unless you have a specific time you bring in a number of new talent, like post-Wrestlemania with WWE, then best to keep debuts a few months apart, otherwise you will see your roster become bloated. I tend to only debut new talent on the main roster if I see them having a long term purpose, so something beyond their debut and first month.</p><p> </p><p>

I do use the Borrow from Developmental function a lot to fill out the tag team and cruiserweight divisions. I rather send less used talent back to developmental full time and do sporadic appearances on the main roster than them sit around and not work for months or flounder in dark matches.</p>

I have a lengthy, unique system of mine to playing the game, way too long to explain. I'm sure a lot of us do.

But as far as debuts go, I just let them happen fluidly. I don't put a timetable on how many and how often. If the guy is ready, I make preparations. Mostly, it's right after the latest PPV. I'd say on average, I debut a new wrestler or team every 2-3 months.

That's wrestlers I have every intention of pushing, of course. I'll debut enhancement talent whenever I think I need another body, and don't think much more about it.

Archived