Workers leaving the company

I play as smaller feds for most of the time and will often lose my top guys to bigger companies which is part of what I like about being a smaller company as it forces me to refresh my roster.

However, other than arranging an event at short notice while they have the 7 days left, is there a way to ensure that they have a leaving match?

If there isn't it would be nice if this could be added. I have no problem with people leaving but it would be nice to have a leaving match particularly if somebody has been with the company for a while (such as Kevin Steen leaving ROH)

Pretty sure once they have served out their notice period that's it. Other than having a weekly show or arranging a short notice show there's no other way.. I think changing things would be too difficult because if they changed the notice period to 'one more show' instead of seven days, and you just didn't book them, they technically haven't had that one last show.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="seminoledozer" data-cite="seminoledozer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43164" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>you could go in the editor and edit his contract to expire the day after the show</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've done this plenty of times since the original TEW. I don't feel bad about it because I don't agree with the instant 7-day contract end date. I think it should be more like one appearance within 28 days.</p>

It doesn't affect the contract they signed with the other company. Just means the wrestler is on both rosters in the overlapping period you just need to book them on a day they're available. I sometimes extend the contracts for a few more weeks when wrestlers leave to a big company.

<p>I understand the frustration but it's actually common. A lot of wrestlers dropped the belt (as in vacant) when leaving a small fed. </p><p>

Tip: if this frustrates you, keep the top dog as a contender or mayor storyline wrestler without giving him the big belt. </p><p> </p><p>

(Example: I keep Cactus Jack and Funk away from belts in COTT in ECW - they always deliver but chances are the big companies are going to get them on exclusive deals).</p>

I understand that it is common and it's all part of why I like to use smaller feds, but I do think there are times when a person leaves and you want to have that final match with them for a variety of reasons (drop the belt, climax to a feud, one more match to show respect) and get frustrated when your next show is 8 days away and you can't book it because of the 7 day thing. I don't want it with everybody as like you said it's common for people to just leave and vacate the title or not have a final match but it would be nice to have that option available if you wanted it. I use the example of Steen getting a goodbye match in ROH before leaving for WWE and would like to occasionally book things like that, but generally I do just let people leave and respond accordingly as it is realistic when booking smaller feds

Archived