How to book a main event using "Perfect Show Theory"

The only thing I can think of that would ding you that much (outside of the obvious that Gungner mentioned) is not running a storyline in the main event. That's a significant ding in 16. Keep in mind that just having a distraction by another non-allied person in the storyline counts so it is easy to add without doing any damage to the match grade.

<p>Book to your wrestlers and by that I mean to consider carefully your use of match instructions. My main event starts with the match before it.</p><p> </p><p>

An angle needs to be 6 mins to give skill increase and count on ratings. The midcarders will give a small downswing but with less impact than the bigger upswing that came before it. This is a typical end to my card:</p><p> </p><p>

Match Midcard. Scripted or All Out 6 minute match. If all out, the match uses flash pinfall. If scripted, the match uses a non-clean finish or DQ ending.</p><p>

6 Minute Angle Upper Main Eventers. (Cool down crowd, small upswing).</p><p>

2 Minute Angle Midcarders from above match. (Finish bringing down the crowd, small downswing)</p><p>

Main Event: Slow Build 18 minute match.</p><p>

6 Minute Angle Main Eventer. (Always have an angle after your main event.)</p><p> </p><p>

I usually use the last angle to reinforce the position of any main eventers not in the main event, or to prepare debut or other things. I always use "Slow Build" 16 minute main event unless the workers have stamina or injury issues in which case I like to use tag main events so I can give that person less time and score the pinfall. When booking your main event, try to find wrestlers or road agents that have good psychology, basics, and popularity in the area the show is in.</p><p> </p><p>

But considering my example, what I like to do is use slow match and upper midcard angle and midcard angle to set up fast pace main event with all out and 6 minutes - </p><p>

or I like to use fast all out 6 minute match with midcard angle and upper midcarder angle followed by slow build main event.</p><p> </p><p>

Start by learning how match instructions interact with the skills of your wrestlers.</p>

<p>My general formula for sports entertainment:</p><p> </p><p>

1. Strong segment to start</p><p>

2. 3rd best match of the night.</p><p>

3. Segment</p><p>

4. Match</p><p>

5. Segment</p><p>

6. Worst match of the night/Piss break/squash</p><p>

7. Segment</p><p>

8. Second best match</p><p>

9. Segment</p><p>

10. Main event/ best match</p><p> </p><p>

TEW16 was said to no longer take the second best match into consideration, but it hasn't changed the way I book. It still seems to produce the same results anyway, though you can swap the second best match and the piss break match if you'd prefer not risking the crowd burning out.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Frobro122" data-cite="Frobro122" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43213" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't what is going one, but I can not get a good Main Event to save my life.<p> Both wrestlers will give in-ring performances in the 90s, but the actual match will be in the seventies or low eighties.</p><p> </p><p> PLEASE HELP!!!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Usually its the no hot storyline associated that gets me. If you just throw 2 random great workers into a match the odds are it wont come off great unless there is some sort of storyline involvement.</p>

Also, TV-matches will grade lower than Event matches, as workers won't try as hard on TV, as they will on PPV. I booked a 95 rated main-event on PPV. Next day, I did the same match as a re-match on my TV-show main-event (feud still going on), and that only got a rating of 81 (workers in question was Flair and Sting).

<p>is your company performance or popularity based?</p><p> </p><p>

what was the workers popularity in main event?</p><p> </p><p>

what is your company product?</p><p> </p><p>

did you do tainted finish with a product that only wants clean finish?</p><p> </p><p>

did you turn road agent notes on?</p><p> </p><p>

what did they say for negatives?</p>

Archived