How do the personality traits translate into actions ?

<p>Each one does something different. Generally "good" is set all the way to the left, and "bad" is set all the way to the right, with exception of the bottom 3, which I will cover first.</p><p> </p><p>

1. Liberal. To the right means he is liberal, and is willing to do things that are controversial. Maybe an eye candy skit or extra violent segment a religious person or political conservative would be offended by. (As a reminder, prior to the 2016 election cycle, the religious right republicans, not the liberal left, were the ones who wanted everything censored because Jesus doesn't like it). </p><p> </p><p>

2. Driven. If you swing it all the way to the right, the wrestler in question will over-work too hard and maybe injure themselves. They will also not want to sell moves. But put it all the way to the left? Then you have someone who just kinda lumbers around lazily in the ring not really doing much. So you want it somewhere between the middle and about 50% between the middle and right side. Likewise, someone "driven" is likely to be ambitious about wanting title shots, wanting to win instead of lose...</p><p> </p><p>

3. But not as much as "Bold". Slide that all the way to the right, you have someone who will complain at every show, and give you all kinds of problems. Bold people, just like selfish-egotistical people are very hard to keep happy because something always upsets them.</p><p> </p><p>

4. Social - slide it to the left, you have someone who will almost always give positive locker room notes and makes friends. Slide all the way to the right, you have someone who likes to make enemies and poisons the locker room. Now, all the way to the left, when you anger social workers, they will tell their friends and make them hate you. </p><p> </p><p>

I always refuse to hire Anti-Social, Egotistical and Selfish workers - and workers who are too Bold or too Driven. Just to put this out there - a roster of people who each have some kind of problem is more fun than a locker of perfect saints.</p><p> </p><p>

I am also curious about how personality type impacts the way workers behave, match ratings, etc. I always thought it would be neat if there were a way to tie personality types to type of gimmick. For example, "Comedy" gimmicks to me, would be best performed by someone who is naturally funny, while "pissed at the world" gimmicks are best played by people who are kinda melodramatic. The best stars, they put parts of their "real self" into their character and it comes through as gold.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43369" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2. Driven. If you swing it all the way to the right, the wrestler in question will over-work too hard and maybe injure themselves. They will also not want to sell moves. But put it all the way to the left? Then you have someone who just kinda lumbers around lazily in the ring not really doing much. So you want it somewhere between the middle and about 50% between the middle and right side. Likewise, someone "driven" is likely to be ambitious about wanting title shots, wanting to win instead of lose...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You were mostly correct about the others, but you are completely off with this definition - it has no connection whatsoever to their in-ring work, so it definitely does not cause them to not sell or lazily lumber around, nor does it cause them to want title shots or impact their attitude towards wins and losses.</p><p> </p><p> --</p><p> </p><p> In answer to the OP, there is no "x = y" answer. There are well over 100 different thought processes that are impacted by personality, and nearly every single one involves a combination of 2 or more traits working together. It's intentionally designed so that people don't try and break it down into a linear thought process of "well, X has this trait so I will never hire him" because you don't know what subtle changes each trait is making.</p>

Archived