Jumping to Cult

I'm gearing up to prepare for a jump to cult soon with my south east US based promotion, and I'd like some tips if possible. I've done it in previous versions, so I know the basics like make sure you have as much money in the bank as possible, but this is my first time attempting it in 2016 and some of the key building blocks have changed on me.

The biggest one is tv. I know I'm going to need a tv show to survive and spread, but the new broadcaster requirement system has thrown a kink into my expansion. The old system was as simple as having a fraction of the viewer areas at a certain pop, which I believe was 3 areas in the US. Using that, I'd get my home area and two spillover areas up to the minimum and I could get a tv deal well before I went cult. Now, even the smallest networks require me to already be at cult, and the one with the lightest popularity requirements needs me to be at 35 minimum in 9 areas.

Can I even survive at cult without a deal? And honestly, how do I even go about spreading out to 9 areas without tv?

Right now my popularity is 57 in the south east, and 34 in both mid south and mid atlantic.

Honestly, I'm worried. I'm 6 years into this game and don't want to just go broke the second I hit cult because I can't cover the costs.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Henderson" data-cite="Henderson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43474" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Put on the size cap to prevent you from jumping to Cult. You can raise your popularity up in those other regions in the mean time and then when you get popular enough, you can turn off the cap.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's just gonna take so, so long. It's worrying a bit. On a side note, I just payed off NYCW's debt of only $5000 and shut them down and stole their popularity. Now the tri state is my second largest area!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="codey_v2" data-cite="codey_v2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43474" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's just gonna take so, so long. It's worrying a bit. On a side note, I just payed off NYCW's debt of only $5000 and shut them down and stole their popularity. Now the tri state is my second largest area!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Now get New England and you'll be set for Cult.</p><p> </p><p> And IMO, never go Cult without 10m in the bank. You WILL lose money for a while and it will be a tidy sum. Capping your size is the safest way. I've never tried to even go past Regional without a TV deal, can't imagine Cult without one. You'd have to run events weekly in different areas and that would be a YUGE money sink.</p><p> </p><p> I say sit and bank money for a couple years. Get a TV/PPV deal. Those reqs sound... off. Are you doing CVerse?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43474" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>And IMO, never go Cult without 10m in the bank. You WILL lose money for a while and it will be a tidy sum. Capping your size is the safest way. I've never tried to even go past Regional without a TV deal, can't imagine Cult without one. You'd have to run events weekly in different areas and that would be a YUGE money sink.<p> </p><p> I say sit and bank money for a couple years. Get a TV/PPV deal. Those reqs sound... off. Are you doing CVerse?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Disagree. $10M is way overkill. I jump to cult doing exactly what you can't imagine doing, and running weekly events in two regions is actually a huge money maker once you're popular enough. I typically get to cult it n 3-4 years with $2-3M in the bank and have never run into trouble. I can't imagine making the effort to hit the minimum popularity in so many places at regional to get TV. The amount of money you miss out on from running TV shows over events at that stage must be massive, the growth to cult is much slower, though you may be in a better position for the jump to national than my way, since after hitting cult, I still have to worry about getting the minpop to get a TV deal, but having access to small PPV at cult helps that too.</p>

Archived