national battle issue

I'm trying to find out, if someone can explain...

I was under the impression that national battles affected promotions based in the same region. I'm running a lucha promotion in Mexico (surpassed SOTBPW who is still at cult) and mysteriously I came in last in a national battle between TCW, SWF, and myself. Even though SWF never even ran a show in Mexico. Is this a glitch or something? I'm not based in the US. I would think I'd be excluded from national battles with TCW and SWF.

You don't have to be based in that area. You'll be involved in national battles in every area in which you have enough popularity/importance to be considered national size. This is explained in the in-game help on the national battles screen (the little questionmark button).

All well and good, except the National Battle occurred randomly, and only happened for one other month with no promotion falling to cult.

Did your importance in the U.S. drop at some point so that the requirements for being involved in a national battle were not met? Also, I think in TEW 2013, at least three companies of national size needed to be presentz for a national battle to take place, could that be it?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43487" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did your importance in the U.S. drop at some point so that the requirements for being involved in a national battle were not met? Also, I think in TEW 2013, at least three companies of national size needed to be presentz for a national battle to take place, could that be it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Must have. But it doesn't look like the US importance fell. But my importance in two regions in Mexico fell. We had another national battle between myself, SFW, and TCW not long after that post, randomly; and then mid month, after a poor ppv I fell from national to cult but my overness hasn't dropped. Although I had just renewed my deal with my tv network, so they're pissed about the ratings (which have been roughly the same, even with the fall to cult) because of my fall to cult. </p><p> </p><p> Edit: I checked the current importance in all regions, and they've all lowered since the start of the game. Seems odd that I'm B- in US and Canada in overness, and B in Mexico (my home territory) and I fell to cult because of importance changes, but TCW and SWF did not have any effect with said changes. Esp when SWF was always coming in 2nd in any national battles we had.</p>

Archived