UFC: My Dynasty (2017 and Beyond)

So, here we are. I thought that I would start a diary and let you all see how I get on in my UFC game. This is only my second real try at a save and I don't know an awful lot about MMA, however, I do believe that I have a decent enough level of knowledge to give this a real go.

The database that I will be using is the newest edit of the real world mod which is created/edited by deskoft (I think) as I want to be as up to date as possible and it actually looks like an incredibly well built and balanced mod.

In terms of the style, I really enjoyed WCW Mark's GAMMA one (which I'm gutted ended) and it actually helped me learn more about the game, so I'll go with that. It will be presented more as a diary on what I do and my thoughts behind it. Hopefully that will be good enough for everyone to enjoy and will also be helpful to anyone who hasn't played the game much as they'll be able to see the reasoning behind my decisions and see what works and what doesn't.

A couple of quick things that I want to note are:

A) When I joined, the roster was BLOATED with a load of fighters who were either useless, on big losing streaks or just were never gonna make it at all. Taking the bloat into consideration, I have decided that it was time to cut the chaff. Each division now has 40 fighters, however, the HW, LHW and SW divisons have 30 and the FLW and WBW divisions have 25. Another reason for these cuts are that I believe to be the best promotion, you've gotta have the best workers. However, I will be looking to stock up the FLW and WBW divisions with a couple more fighters and get it up to 30.

B) Another big change is scheduling. We will still be holding Fight Night shows, however, they will be ran like the old Strike force: Challengers and will be used to build up some talent or give some middling fighters a chance to get themselves seen. So from now on, PPV main cards will rarely feature fighters outside the top 10 of their division, PPV prelims will be used to give fighters who are looking to make the next step some fights etc. and TV shows will be used to build fighters up, however, the main events of these Fight Night shows will feature 'name' fighters because realisticly, that's what would have to be done to get viewers to watch. The TV shows will also no longer feature any prelims unless absolutely required but the main show will feature 6-8 matches each. I will try and fit in atleast 2 Fight Night shows between each PPV.

Sorry rambling on, however, I hope you're all as excited as I am for this.

First things first, starting the new game I chose Dana White for obvious reasons. My talent points go like this:

-5 for negotiating, match making and scouting and a massive 10 for promotion to get the best match results possible. The reason I have 0 in eye for talent is because I play with fog of war of, as I HATE it.

Next post will be a breakdown of the roster divisions etc. I have already been through it and made my roster cuts etc so next post should be up soon.

<p>Heavyweights</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>First thing first, I'm not at my computed at the moment. I only have time for a couple of hours on it a day and that's obviously the time I use to play WMMA. So all of this is from memory. If you would like my thoughts on certain fighters from ANY division, just ask. </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

I would also like to ask for some ideas on who to push as I do have a few in mind, but I'm always up for any suggestions</strong></p><p> </p><p>

This division has 40 fighters in it after all the cuts. It's not an outstanding division and is probably one of the worse divisions in the company. With that being said, there are some standouts.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Stipe Miocic</strong> is the champion and is definitely capable of holding his own against, as well as headlining PPVs.</p><p> </p><p>

There are a few standout contenders, <strong>Junior dos Santos</strong> is the next challenger, and he is a brilliant fighter. <strong>Cain Velasquez</strong> and <strong>Fabricio Werdum</strong> are hanging on the outskirts and are most likely going to face off in a #1 contenders match. <strong>Alistair Overeem</strong> is also another good contender, however, he has already lost to Miocic at UFC 203.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Francis Ngannou</strong> and <strong>Derrick Lewis</strong> are two fighters who I really like the look of, Ngannou in particular is a favorite of mine because after watching some videos of him, he looks bloody lethal, and he is probably the closest of the two to a title shot. That said, with a couple of solid wins, I will find it hard not to give Lewis a shot at the title.</p><p> </p><p>

We also have some older fighters who are on there last legs including <strong>Josh Barnett</strong>, <strong>Andrei Arlovski</strong> and <strong>Mark Hunt</strong> who with another loss or two to some younger up and comers, will most likely be gone.</p><p> </p><p>

A couple of other workers who I want to highlight are <strong>Alexander Volkov</strong> and <strong>Travis Browne</strong> who are currently the complete opposites. Volkov is on the rise and with a few wins, can maybe see himself shoot up the rankings. While Browne is a loss or two away from being cut, which would be a shame as he was so close to a title shot before he hit this recent bad form.</p><p> </p><p>

I have put it an offer or two for some fighters, but I'll go in more detail once they have signed in the doted line.</p>

Light Heavyweights

Daniel Cormier is the champion here, having won it in May of 2015 and has defended it once so far against Gustafsson at UFC 192.

Anthony Johnson is the clear #1 contender after an amazing 13 second KO of Teixeira. Johnson vs. Rumble will most likely headline our first PPV.

Jon Jones is one of my favorite fighters of all time, but over the last couple of years he seems to have derailed. He will most likely get a title shot when he returns. The question is, will he be able to win back the title?

Alexander Gustafsson, Glover Teixeira and Jimi Manuwa are also in the mix and if one of them can string a couple of solid wins together, they'll likely be in line for a title shot.

One fighter that I really like the look of is Misha Cirkunov. I can't pretend that I have seen any of his fights, but he has some very good stats and has put together a nice win streak and at the moment, he looks like he has a good future in the UFC.

Once again, I have put in a couple of offers to fighters, but don't wanna go into to much detail until they're confirmed.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cymru96" data-cite="cymru96" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43574" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hopefully when it came to cutting the roster, you stayed true to your name and kept Marshman, Johns and Phillips around! Regardless, looking forward to following along.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cheers for the comment. Sorry, I only kept Johns. I don't rate Marshman in the game, and Phillips is signed with BAMMA at the start. I will be looking to maybe give Johns some fights and see how he comes along.</p><p> </p><p> Once again, thanks for the comment. The rest of the roster evaluations will be up soon. Just having a couple of hours on the game at the moment.</p><p> </p><p> Good to see I've got a follower.</p>

<p>Middleweights</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Michael Bisping</strong> is champ and I've got to be completely honest. He's probably one of my favorite fighters of all time. He's so cocky and hilarious. He's a very good fighter, and after watching a recent documentary on him he's worked really hard. After multiple missed opportunities, he finally won the big one from Rockhold. Since then he's defended against the legendary Henderson. However, age is not on his side and he faces a really tough challenge in his defence.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Yoel Romero</strong> is that next big challenge. He's got an incredible record in the UFC, and despite being suspended in the past, he had a very successful return in defeating former champion, Chris Weidman. He's an excellent wrestler and he will be a very tough test for Bisping when they finally face off.</p><p> </p><p>

Outside of these two, the Middleweight division is probably the strongest and most stacked. We have former champions <strong>Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman</strong>. Up and comers like <strong>Kelvin Gastelum</strong> and <strong>Robert Whittaker</strong>. Some genuine contenders in <strong>Gegard Mousasi</strong> and <strong>Ronaldo Jacare</strong>. We also have some who are on the downswing of their careers like <strong>Anderson Silva</strong> and <strong>Vitor Belfort</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

I have put in an offer for a someone who I personally believe would be very exciting to see in the UFC. More on that when he's finally a UFC fighter.</p><p> </p><p>

On the whole, I am very excited for this division and I can't wait to see what it's like a couple of years down the line.</p>

<p>Welterweights</p><p> </p><p>

Welterweight is another division that is solid and full of talent. We have <strong>Tyron Woodley</strong> as champion since UFC 212, where he beat Lawler to claim the prize. Since then he has defended it twice vs. Thompson. Once in a split decision draw and once by decision.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Damien Maia</strong> and <strong>Jorge Masvidal</strong> are the top contenders in the division at the moment, and are most likely going to face off for the chance to take on Woodley for the title.</p><p> </p><p>

Aside from those two, we have a few other solid contenders in former champ <strong>Robbie Lawler</strong>, <strong>Donald Cerrone</strong> and <strong>Neil Magny</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

We also have a exciting prospect in <strong>Kamaru Usman</strong>. He has a very solid skillset and he has put a good record together. At the moment, however, it's just a matter of putting him in a couple of challenging matches and seeing if he will sink or swim. If I'm being quite honest, I hope he does well as he is an impressive fighter.</p><p> </p><p>

In a nutshell, I do like the look of the division. I do believe that it could do with a couple more names in the future, whether that's signing some outside workers or pushing some of our own. But I think that for now, it's not a division that I'm too worried about.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't currently have anyone that I am really looking to bring in, but that can change at anytime once I've had a proper look.</p>

<p>Lightweights</p><p> </p><p>

The lightweight division is one that I really, REALLY like the look of for plans in the near future. At the top we have <strong>'The Notorious' Conor McGregor</strong> as champ since UFC 205, where he beat Eddie Alvarez. He is yet to defend, as in real life he is taking a break from MMA. McGregor is another fighter that I am really fond of. I just that that not only is he brilliant fighter with an excellent style, but he also sells himself incredibly well with his motormouth and quite honestly, I can build entire PPV's around him.</p><p> </p><p>

The two closest challengers to McGregor at the moment are <strong>Khabib Nurmagomedov</strong> and <strong>Tony Ferguson</strong>. In real life, they were scheduled to face off for the Interim Lightweight Championship, but that bout never materialized. If I'm being honest, I really like the idea and look of that match so I am most likely going to go down that route sometime down the line.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm just having a quick look at the rankings, and I have changed my mind. Outside of these three, the division is a little bare. We do have a couple of good fighters in former champs <strong>Eddie Alvarez</strong> and <strong>Rafael dos Anjos</strong>. <strong>Edson Barboza</strong> is another fighter who looks quite good and is on a decent win streak over some good quality opponents.</p><p> </p><p>

Outside of these names, there don't seem to be any 'prospects' that I can maybe focus on other than <strong>Sage Northcutt</strong>. Like I said, this is just after a quick look so I could be overlooking some fighters.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't currently have any offers for any lightweights, however, if anyone that I deem worthwhile becomes available I will most likely snap them up.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>If there is anyone in any division that you would like to see 'pushed' then just let me know and I'll take a look at them and see if they are someone that I think deserves a push.</strong></p>

Featherweights

The state of the Featherweight division is a little bit weird. Jose Aldo is the current champion after being promoted from interim champion after Conor McGregor was forced to relinquish the title after becoming Lightweight Champion. However, for some odd reason, the UFC decided that they still needed an interim champion so Holloway faced off against A.Pettis for said title. Holloway left the winner and the new UFC Interim Featherweight Champion.

Speaking of Max Holloway, like I said he's the current UFC Interim Featherweight Champion and will definetely get the next shot at Aldo so we can finally unify the titles and have an Undisputed Feathweight Champion of the World.

Cub Swanson and Frankie Edgar are also excellent workers who are both close to a title shot if they can string together a couple of wins. Come to think about it, if the both of them can win their next fights I will most likely pair them together in a title eliminator.

A couple of 'prospects' that I am possibly looking to groom for future success are Yair Rodriguez and Doo Ho Choi. I haven't seen any of Rodriguez's fights but I have heard very good things about him and he has a good record with us and is a good fighter in-game. Choi on the other hand is a bloody machine. His fight vs. Swanson was EPIC and despite losing, he really showed that he has a very bright future with us if he can continue to pull out performances like that. These two are ones to watch.

Mirsad Bektic and Arnold Allen are a couple of prospects that I am also gonna keep my eye on and see how they turn out in the next few months.

Looking over the rankings etc. the Featherweight division is actually quite a competitive division and lethal for any fighters that are looking to join it.

Interested to follow this. Rafael dos Anjos is moving to Welterweight in real life, not sure if you want to do the same with him in yours.

Michael Chiesa and Kevin Lee are fighting each other in real life and whoever wins that should be getting pushed towards being a contender.

Yair Rodriguez is a fun fighter to watch, recommend watching his bout vs Andre Fili if you want to get hyped on him

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="robsoccerpro" data-cite="robsoccerpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43574" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Interested to follow this. Rafael dos Anjos is moving to Welterweight in real life, not sure if you want to do the same with him in yours.<p> </p><p> Michael Chiesa and Kevin Lee are fighting each other in real life and whoever wins that should be getting pushed towards being a contender.</p><p> </p><p> Yair Rodriguez is a fun fighter to watch, recommend watching his bout vs Andre Fili if you want to get hyped on him</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cheers for the comment. I've heard about that with RdA. If I am being honest, I'm not to sure what I'm gonna do. I'll have a look and evaluate and see if there's a suitable opponent for him.</p><p> </p><p> I'll most likely have Chiesa and Lee face off sometime in the future. I can't say I've seen any of their fights but a quick YouTube search can fix that.</p><p> </p><p> I have heard some good things about Yair Rodriguez, so I think that I may 'chuck him in the deep end' so to speak and see how he does. He is definitely someone that I want to do well.</p><p> </p><p> Once again. Thanks for the comment and awesome feedback, its always helpful as I dont have a massive amount of knowledge of the UFC.</p>

Bantamweights

The bantamweight division that I know little about, if I'm being honest. So please bear with me, and I am asking you all now for help with which fighters to concentrate on, to sign etc.

Cody Garbrandt is the champion here, and from the looks of his stats etc. in the game he's actually very, very good. I don't know a whole lot about him but I know that the UFC is high on him in real life. I also know what what I've read and seen on YouTube that he gave Cruz one hell of a fight. The question is, will he be able to keep ahold of the title after his next defence?

That challenge comes in the shape of T.J Dillashaw. I am very excited for this fight in both the real world, as well as my game world. Like I've said, I don't know a whole lot about this division but I have seen videos and articles about this match up and these two HATE each other. This will be a brilliant matchup.

Dominick Cruz, John Lineker, Jimmie Rivera and Thomas Almeida are some fighters that I am really going to be keeping an eye on.

Overall, from my knowledge the division isn't terrible. It's definitely not the best in the promotion but I have something to work with. I am, however, going to struggle to think of contenders after Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw. Any help would be appreciated.

Flyweights

The last of the men's divisions now and boy is it gonna give me headaches.

Demetrious Johnson is the dominant champion and undisputed king of the division, however, he's also its biggest problem. He has faced and beaten every viable contender thrown at him, and his next defence will be his 10th and most likely LAST. Yes, that's right. If Johnson retains the title ONE more time, he's going to the bantamweight division. I think this would be the best move for BOTH divisions because it makes the bantamweight division a little more competitive, but it also forces the remaining flyweights to get their butts into gear because they have a more competitive division too.

The #1 contender and the last man to face Johnson at Flyweight for the gold is Wilson Reis. I honestly don't really believe that he will win the title, but there's always that chance of a surprise.

If Johnson does retain, I will then be left with a vacant title. There's only ONE way to fix that.. A tournament. I have got to be honest, I love tournaments. It gives me a chance to expose some workers, while also having some high stakes on the line. The tournament to crown a new champion will provably be a 4 man tournament with a couple of alternate matches so we have replacements incase of an injury.

I haven't decided who will get to be in said tournament yet, but there are a few fighters that I like the look of. These include Joseph Benavidez, Sergio Pettis, Kyoji Horoguchi, Brandon Moreno and Magomed Bibulatov. Again, this isn't a definitive list of the tournament participants, its just a rough idea of who I like the look of.

I have also put in a couple of offers for fighters that I like the look of and think could really bolster our division.

<p>For Bantamweight there's lots of hype around Tom Duquesnoy as a young prospect (is he signed to UFC in your game?)</p><p> </p><p>

If Aljo Sterling can get back on track he should be another potential Bantamweight contender.</p><p> </p><p>

Also interested in your thoughts on Tyson Pedro at Light Heavyweight (if you kept him around?) one of few young up and comers in a very light division.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="robsoccerpro" data-cite="robsoccerpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43574" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For Bantamweight there's lots of hype around Tom Duquesnoy as a young prospect (is he signed to UFC in your game?)<p> </p><p> If Aljo Sterling can get back on track he should be another potential Bantamweight contender.</p><p> </p><p> Also interested in your thoughts on Tyson Pedro at Light Heavyweight (if you kept him around?) one of few young up and comers in a very light division.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have heard good things about Duquesoy, and on the game he has AMAZING skills. Unfortunately he isn't signed to the UFC on my game. But I've put him onto my shortlist and as soon as he's available, I'll be snapping him up.</p><p> </p><p> Sterling does look quite promising in my game and like you said, if he can get back on track he will be a very useful contender.</p><p> </p><p> I'm not at my computer at the moment, but I have seen a couple of articles on Pedro. I'm not to sure if he's with me on the game. I'll have a look when I'm on the game next and let you know my thoughts.</p>

<p>Women's Featherweights/Bantamweights</p><p> </p><p>

I'm gonna speak about both the Womens Featherweight and Women's Bantamweight divisions here, well I wouldn't call the Featherweights a 'division' because its literally just a championship belt.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Germaine de Randamie</strong> is the Women's Featherweight Champion. She became the inaugural champion after beating former Bantamweight Champ, Holm. I do have plans for this belt, and if I'm being quite honest if these plans go smoothly this championship won't be around for much longer. I have planned a match for the title and that match will be <strong>Germaine de Randamie</strong> vs. <strong>Cris Cyborg</strong>. Its about time that Cyborg gets a PROPER shot at the big time, so hopefully when she gets this shot she doesn't mess up.</p><p> </p><p>

The Bantamweight division is looking a little better, but its struggling. We have <strong>Amanda Nunes</strong> as the champ. She won the title from Miesha Tate at UFC 200, and has since defended it once vs. Rousey in a one sided knockout win.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Valentina Shevchenko</strong> is the woman that will get the next shot at the title. She's been very impressive since her debut. The two of them have faced off once before where Nunes won by Decision. I am not too sure who will win between these two with the title on the line.</p><p> </p><p>

Outside of these two, there isn't to much going on. <strong>Ronda Rousey</strong> is a legend of women's MMA, however, she's on a 2 fight losing streak. I'm not too sure what I'm going to do with her.</p><p> </p><p>

There are a couple of fighters who could maybe see themselves getting a shot at the title with a couple of solid wins, including <strong>Raquel Pennington</strong>, <strong>Sara McMann</strong> and <strong>Ketlen Viera</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>My knowledge of women's MMA is less than my knowledge of men's MMA so any help would be appreciated, thanks.</strong></p>

<p>Women's Strawweight</p><p> </p><p>

At the moment, this division is a little like the Flyweight division in the men's divisions. </p><p> </p><p>

We have an extremely dominant champion in <strong>Joanna Jedrzejczyk</strong><strong><strong> who has turned back any challenger thrown at her. She is an excellent fighter who will be hard to unseat, if that ever happens.</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

</strong></strong><strong><strong><strong>Jessica Andrade</strong></strong></strong><strong><strong> is probably the #1 contender at the moment. She is currently on a good win streak over some decent opposition. Much like when Reis will face Johnson for the Flyweight title, I think the champ will leave with her title reign in tact.</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

Other fighters in the division that could be considered possible 'contenders' in the future are </strong></strong><strong><strong><strong>Rose Namajunas</strong></strong></strong><strong><strong> and </strong></strong><strong><strong><strong>Michelle Waterson</strong></strong></strong><strong><strong>, who are both probably the closest to a title shot after Andrade. </strong></strong><strong><strong><strong>Paige VanZant</strong></strong></strong><strong><strong> and </strong></strong><strong><strong><strong>Felice Herrig</strong></strong></strong><strong><strong>, who would both definitely need a couple of solid wins before they can stake a claim to a title shot. </strong></strong><strong><strong><strong>Cynthia Calvillo</strong></strong></strong><strong><strong> looks like a very good prospect who, with a couple of wins, could very well see herself becoming a viable contender to the title.</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

Overall, I think the division is in an okay state. It definitely needs a couple of good signing, or a couple of prospects for me to concentrate on. It definitely needs some work.</strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong>

</strong></strong><strong><strong><strong>Like I've said previously, my knowledge on women's MMA is even worse than my knowledge of male MMA. Any help would be very useful, thanks</strong></strong></strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sfelk" data-cite="Sfelk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43574" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't really follow the UFC anymore, so i don't have any suggestions for you. But, I'm really interested in the way your setting this Dynasty. I'll be following!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the comment. Yeah I'm not the most knowledgeable of MMA fans in the world, but I have a decent amount. </p><p> </p><p> About the layout, I'm glad to see that its liked. I was a big fan of WCW Marks diary, and a big reason for that was the layout. I found that the simpleness really helped me understand and follow the dynasty more.</p><p> </p><p> Once again, thanks for the comment and I hope you keep following the dynasty.</p>

<p>Right guys, I've finally managed to get the last of the division rundowns out. I'm sorry if they became a little repetative, but I hope it gave you all an idea of what the roster currently looks like.</p><p> </p><p>

I'll next be posting the top 10 fighters of each division and then the cards for the first few shows will be out. I will be open to predictions.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for the patience guys!</p>

<p>UFC Rankings: April 2017</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Heavyweight</strong></p><p>

#1 Stipe Miocic - UFC Heavyweight Champion (16-2(10-2 UFC)</p><p>

#2 Fabricio Werdum - (21-6-1(9-3 UFC)</p><p>

#3 Cain Velasquez -(14-2(12-2 UFC)</p><p>

#4 Junior dos Santos - (18-4(12-3 UFC)</p><p>

#5 Alistair Overeem - (42-15-1NC(6-4 UFC)</p><p>

#6 Ben Rothwell - (36-10(6-4 UFC)</p><p>

#7 Francis Ngannou - (10-1(5-0 UFC)</p><p>

#8 Derrick Lewis - (18-4-1NC(9-2 UFC)</p><p>

#9 Josh Barnett - (35-8(7-3 UFC)</p><p>

#10 Mark Hunt - (12-10-1-2NC(7-5-1-1NC UFC)</p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Light Heavyweight</strong></p><p>

#1 Daniel Cormier - UFC Light Heavyweight Champion - (18-1(7-1 UFC)</p><p>

#2 Jon Jones - (22-1(16-1)</p><p>

#3 Anthony Johnson - (22-5(13-5 UFC)</p><p>

#4 Glover Teixeira - (26-5(9-3 UFC)</p><p>

#5 Ryan Bader - (25-5)(15-5 UFC)</p><p>

#6 Rashad Evans - (19-5-1(14-5-1 UFC)</p><p>

#7 Alexander Gustafsson -(17-4(9-4 UFC) </p><p>

#8 Ovince Saint-Preux - (19-10(7-5 UFC)</p><p>

#9 Jimi Manuwa - (16-2(5-2 UFC)</p><p>

#10 Mauricio Rua - (24-10(8-8 UFC)</p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>