Having trouble getting "into" a game

I'm hoping this isn't another topic that belongs in small questions.

Anyhow, lately I've been playing TEW again pretty regularly, but I can't seem to get really into any of my games. I know that the problem sometimes is that I've played some scenarios absolutely to death since I first got the 2013 version of TEW. I've played pretty much every mod from 83 to 95 a thousand times. I way excited when 92 came out just recently but still, I've started two WCW and two SMW games and haven't been able to get into any of them. I'm considering doing the whole WWF 92 deal so as to properly do Flair vs Hogan at Mania, but every time I think about that, I think about how easy it'd be and then I decide not to do it.

I've played a fair bit of Cornellverse and Thunderverse too, and even though I love the submersion of both worlds, I can never seem to get past the first couple of months.

I should note that I almost always play in a North American promotion and almost always at cult or national size. I don't know if it's a (lack of) difficulty issue or what, but I never make it past the second or third month and this has become increasingly frustration.

So, what do I want?

I honestly don't know.

Advice, maybe on how to get into a longer game. How do you spike and keep interest? Is there some secret in playing games from the later nineties or the 00's or even the 10's that would be any different to play than my nice 80s/90s games?

I just wanna sink into a good game or two, any help or advice would be welcomed.

<p>I know you said you usually gravitate towards North America, but when you play CVerse (or in general) do you generally gravitate towards larger companies?</p><p> </p><p>

I have a VERY hard time playing TEW without starting small and starting my own company. For me, growing and developing my workers (starting with the worst workers available and building up) and building my company's history from scratch is just the only way to go. I get so much joy out of building my company around a few rookies who can barely scrap together a match and see how far they come in five years. I can only really become attached to workers if I made them big myself - I've tried jumping to other bigger companies like CZCW, SWF, and even MAW ever since they completely changed to roster, and it's hard to really become attached to the rosters they have.</p><p> </p><p>

I only really play CVerse ever since the switch from EWR to TEW, so any of my advice can only go back to that, but have you tried a 0/0/0/0 game? It doesn't have to be a Road to Glory, and you can give yourself some handicaps to make it more immersive. Right now I'm playing a 0/0/0/0 game with a user character who is basically a low level indy veteran to work as road agent/act as the "veteran presence" to my rookies since I can't afford anyone else and it's the most fun I've had in TEW2016 by far. Starting small is very rewarding because you set realistic goals to reach and everything is a delicate balance, from your budget to your worker's contracts to your worker's morale.</p>

<p>I usually do gravitate toward the bigger feds.</p><p> </p><p>

As a matter of fact, I haven't done anything like a 0/0/0/0 game since I tried a Backyard to Global fed back in EWR that stalled out at Regional.</p><p> </p><p>

I may have to give that a try.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Justin" data-cite="Justin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I usually do gravitate toward the bigger feds.<p> </p><p> As a matter of fact, I haven't done anything like a 0/0/0/0 game since I tried a Backyard to Global fed back in EWR that stalled out at Regional.</p><p> </p><p> I may have to give that a try.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Another thing for me is that playing in North America/Canada, I always tend to gravitate towards picking up the same incredibly good wrestlers (KC Glenn in the last game, Davis Wayne Newton two games ago, Logan Wolfsbaine now). When Adam completely redid Australia and all of the renders were sebsplex's work from when he was originally working on the GDSverse, I fell in love with it and the uniformity of all the renders. It's a great place to start a 0/0/0/0 because it's basically an open playground where there's no pressure hitting small for regional battles, and there are no busted workers to abuse. There are LOADS of young wrestlers and unemployed wrestlers to play around with and you are free to play around with their characters however you want since there aren't really any dynasties that kind of force you to view the character one way or another.</p><p> </p><p> There are a few renders, mostly of newer guys who didn't "fit" with the rest of Australia so I actually cut out some of sebsplex's other renders and replaced them:</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2143274&postcount=80" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2143274&postcount=80</a></p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2143973&postcount=94" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2143973&postcount=94</a></p><p> </p><p> I hope you give Australia a try, I haven't been able to get into a game outside of there since TEW2013. It's an awesome place to start from literally the bottom (most of my first shows and matches barely crack E+) and work your way up.</p>

<p>Id recommend starting at a local size and building a promotion up, stops you from getting burned out. I used to always pick WWE because I always wanted to fantasy book my favourites, but Id never get that far because when booking WWE, thats a lot of shows in a short space of time. Recently started booking my own UK promotion called Fight Academy Ireland and watching it grow is amazing and really draws you in. Also, its fun having regional battles and going head to head with the various small/regional companies around the region to try to run them out of business.</p><p> </p><p>

Genuinely dont think Ive ever been as fully immersed in a save as I am now. Also, I try to avoid bringing in every top name at my disposal. For example, I could bring in Alberto Del Patron, Kurt Angle, Kota Ibushi, etc. but thats easy, Id much rather work on making stars out of guys like Travis Banks, Tucker, Damien Corvin, Tyler Bate, etc. Provides a good challenge. Would definitely recommend you trying out with a smaller company</p>

Guest skinsfan55
Have a good idea of who everyone is and what their character and motivations are. Focus on what's happening now and don't get too hung up on future plans.

Archived