Doing a 'from scratch' game but made easier for a noob

Hi,

I'm trying again to get into TEW2016... I haven't had much luck in the past, as I'm more an MMA fan and thus have put many more hours into WMMA games.

What I like to do in those games is started a company from scratch and build from nothing. I want to try to do something similar in TEW to see if it lights a spark for me in this game.

I know the 0/0/0/0 type game setup is popular, but that's a bit too extreme for me as I really have little to no experience playing TEW and don't want something that will be too difficult for someone who has never really played.

I'm looking to start a fed under the premise that it's a "from scratch" promotion that was started by someone in the wrestling world who does have some name value (perhaps a former wrestler or something), who decides to go ahead and start his own promotion.

So I'm definitely going to start with some money too, but I'm thinking in a real world situation like this there might be some popularity/prestige already there simply tied to the name value of the person who starts the promotion (who depending who I pick I may also make an actively involved owner in storylines, etc.)

Basically I don't want to start a pure "from scratch" organization and have like 15 fans showing up to initial events and having to take years to build it up. I want a challenge, but not something that will be impossible.

I'm wondering then, what do you think would be reasonable settings that would allow a reasonable "from scratch" promotion where I could have a challenge, but also have a bit of a headstart based on the name value of my owner?

I have little idea how much impact various percentages of popularity, prestige, etc, have, which is why I ask here for advice.

I have done what you are describing to a certain degree. I clicked my playable character as Hulk Hogan in a modern day mod. I started him/me unemployed and then clicked the "start own promotion" button. I cant tell you exactly the stats that the company started with, I am sure someone here can. But it was big enough to get a tv deal and to sign wrestlers that I actually knew. I still got the new promotion feel without needing to grind away for years.

While in game if your reputation is high you can start own promotion with four difficulty slots

Easy gives you a lot of prestige and money. You start cult size

Normal or what ever its called is regional with less money and prestige

Etc

Sounds like my training fed rules could help you. I typically do start at Local and 15 fan crowds in the beginning. But I have other allowances I've made for myself to balance that out. At the very least, they could give you a jumping off point to play around with and find the style of play you enjoy.

EDIT: Here's the thread where I posted them in the TEW 13 Forum. I've been playing this way since 2008 and have had a great deal of fun with them over the years. Hope they help you.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524493&highlight=training

<p>I'd say the key questions you should ask yourself before setting up a new company are 1) whether you want to be able to immediately get broadcasting deals and 2) whether you want to be able to immediately sign people to written contracts. If you can get a national broadcasting deal, expanding your company is easy. If you can't, expanding your company can be challenging, depending on the circumstances. If you can sign your workers to written contracts, you don't have to worry about their availablilty--you'll always have your key workers whenever you need them (unless they're injured, etc.) If you can't, you may have to plan your shows around when your shared workers are available, and you always run the risk of losing your top people to bigger companies who can offer written contracts. </p><p> </p><p>

You can poke around in the pre-game editor for whatever mod you're using to see what the popularity requirements are for the various broadcasters available and tailor the size of your company around that. In the C-Verse, you're likely to need a minimum of 35 to 40 points of popularity across most regions of your game area before you'll have any chance at securing a broadcasting deal. And if you want to be able to sign written contracts, you'll need to be at least a cult-level company.</p><p> </p><p>

If you're looking to make things a bit easier on yourself, I'd suggest starting out with enough popularity spread across a wide enough area to get a broadcasting deal right from the jump. One of the most challenging parts of building up a small company is expanding your popularity enough to get on a broadcaster--you're generally going to have to hold shows in areas where you have little to no popularity in an attempt to expand, and that's often a major financial burden, which makes the expansion process a bit of a grind. Plus you have to worry about getting involved in a bunch of regional battles if you're playing in an area with a lot of other companies. I'd say starting out at low cult, with healthy finances and enough popularity spread throughout your entire game region to get a broadcasting deal, is about as low-stress a starting point as you can have in the game. </p><p> </p><p>

In the C-Verse, I've played created companies in the United States starting with maybe 60-65 points of popularity in 2 or 3 key regions and around 40 points in the other regions of the country. At that point, you've pretty much got it made. That makes you a cult-sized company, so you can lock key people in with written contracts and everyone except the biggest stars will agree to negotiate with you. You can get a national broadcasting deal so you don't have to worry about which regions you're holding your shows in. And you don't have to worry about regional or national battles. Plus, with TV and/or PPV, you should be able to stay financially healthy for the long term. All you really have to worry about is booking good shows, and you should easily be able to grow toward national size.</p>

Archived