Importance and Size

I am still struggling three years into my game to understand how to raise my importance. I am putting on B+ to A+ shows in every region I go to America, Canada, Mexico, even England. I got up to International for a few months and was just notified that I was dropped back down to National. How am I not gaining importance?

Actually,as I understand it, importance is based on the particular region's importance, which changes over time within set parameters. And it takes a set percentage of your popularity as importance. For example, I believe Manitoba is set to 80% in the default database, so a company's importance in Manitoba will be 80% of their popularity there. This can raise or lower depending on the whims of the game, but isn't really connected to anything the player does, I don't believe.

<p>Yes, phoxy is correct. Your importance in each region is the Region's Importance x Popularity of the region. This means that you ideally want to shoot for 3-5 pop above what your importance needs to be to reach whatever level you want to be (Cult, National, International, etc) to account for when the region's importance drops a point or two. So if you need to have 70 pop to have the 66 Importance for Cult, you want to get it up to 73-75 because a 1 point drop in a region's importance is huge.</p><p> </p><p>

Your dropping from International to National means one of your non-US regions is right near the required pop and had the region's importance drop a point. It could be US regions too as I forgot the change to higher importance from National to International in your home region. The usual regions are North West, South West, any Canadian province that isn't Ontario or the one where Vancouver is, and anywhere except London's region in British Isles. They can all drop to 80 in most mods which makes it nearly impossible to reach 67 importance (85 pop get you to 68).</p>

Archived