Hi all,

I'm planning on buying the game tonight and following the info in the tutorial thread to get to grips with the game. I seem to remember from WMMA3 that I'll also be asked to set starting funds or similar - if I wanted to start out as a tiny company in the UK and get them as large as possible could you please advise what sort of starting funds (if relevant) would provide a good challenge, and if there is a "booker" role that I should use for my player character?

Also, will the default database have plenty of workers to choose from or is there a popular/recommended mod database to download for this?

Cheers!

Hi all,

I'm planning on buying the game tonight and following the info in the tutorial thread to get to grips with the game. I seem to remember from WMMA3 that I'll also be asked to set starting funds or similar - if I wanted to start out as a tiny company in the UK and get them as large as possible could you please advise what sort of starting funds (if relevant) would provide a good challenge, and if there is a "booker" role that I should use for my player character?

Also, will the default database have plenty of workers to choose from or is there a popular/recommended mod database to download for this?

Cheers!

No need to set starting funds unless you're creating a new company. There are plenty of pre-existing promotions in the C-Verse that cover the full range of geography and a wide array of product styles. Puro. Lucha. Sports Entertainment. Pure ring competition. Hardcore. There's some of all of it. Whatever style of wrestling you like, you should be able to find a pre-existing pormotion to fit it. You can still create your own of course. But I find the best way to do that is through the editor and you probably won't want to do that until you start to reach a comfort level.

As for the worker base, I doubt you'll have trouble finding the people you want for your promotion. I tend to play low level feds whose primary purpose is to train up new talent and I pretty much have to copy myself on purpose to have the exact same starting roster twice. And new characters join the game throughout. It's not like you have the guys who open the game and that's all there will ever be.

As for mods, there are plenty of good ones. Historical mods based on the default data. Real world both past and present. Fun fantasy scenarios that mix talents of different era or alternate histories of the real world. You shouldn't need any of them for your first game. But once you have the basics down and are comfortable, you'll find no shortage of them.

Recommended companies for new players tend to be CZCW and MAW. Although I would say if you like hardcore, SNP in the British Isles could be a good starting point as well. They have 5 mil in the bank despite being very small and thus will likely survive all manner of crazy mistakes a first timer might make while trying to learn the game.

Bobinc used to be the site of choice for all things TEW mod but I don't think they exist any more. It's been awhile. I know there have been other sites that wanted to try and be the mod repository of choice. But none have really taken off.

Archived