Option to watch matches move by move

Hi all, I have tried TEW 2016 but I was disappointed that the matches happen automatically, eg you see the results and the winner immediately. Is there a one of the TEWs, or an option in TEW 2016, that allows the matches to happen move by move and keeping the winner a secret until the end?

Hi all, I have tried TEW 2016 but I was disappointed that the matches happen automatically, eg you see the results and the winner immediately. Is there a one of the TEWs, or an option in TEW 2016, that allows the matches to happen move by move and keeping the winner a secret until the end?

Short answer: no. TEW is a booking sim. If you want move by move, WreSpi might be more up your alley.

Besides, it's hard to keep a finish a secret when you yourself determined it (or can easily figure out who will come on top, if you didn't pick a winner).

Short answer: no. TEW is a booking sim. If you want move by move, WreSpi might be more up your alley.

Besides, it's hard to keep a finish a secret when you yourself determined it (or can easily figure out who will come on top, if you didn't pick a winner).

However, If you like MMA you can play WMMA 3 from this website and they show you the mma fights "punch by punch" so to speak. they skip around and have commentators telling you what is going on. To do that for the wrestling game would be tough though as they'd have to code in 15-20 moves minimum for every wrestler just so they could put a script together of the story unfolding in the match, honestly I can only imagine it'd be a nightmare

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AfRoMaN36" data-cite="AfRoMaN36" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43951" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>EWR used to give you move by move run down, but since after a while everybody stopped reading it it no longer made sense to keep the feature.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's also the fact that it would be exponentially harder to do for TEW because there's far more match types, far more potential stipulations, and far more multi-man variations than EWR catered for.</p>

I think my dream game would be a combination of the booking dynamics of TEW with the visual simulation of one of the current WWE games. BUT.... the Psychology of the matches would have been be well advanced of where it is now in those games to make watching match after match anywhere near worthwhile. And that's fundamentally why I don't have much interest in even seeing a detailed text recap in TEW - there would need to be a ton of variety to make it fun.

Archived