Little overwhelmed as a new player

<p>Hey guys. </p><p> </p><p>

I am little overwhelmed as a new player here. I played this over a friend's house (well TEW 2013) and we sat and booked a few cards, we seemed to do well. Decided it was cool, so I would grab '16. I installed the real world mod and decided to pick a smaller company. Such as OVW. Granted I know jack about OVW really and maybe that's my fault, but I wanted to find something that I can book with out really knowing everyone (again that could be my fault).</p><p> </p><p>

First thing I decided to do was decided to grab a personality type to hype things up, like Hogan (don't judge lol).. and build a Hogan like take over stable.</p><p> </p><p>

I think my problem happens when I get to the show and I see the booking screen, I get lost in all my stupid thoughts and forget who is a heel, who is face.. who is doing what?</p><p> </p><p>

How do yall keep track of everything? Spreedsheets? note books?</p><p> </p><p>

Also, the talent in OVW bitches a lot about pushes it seems. never happy.</p><p> </p><p>

thanks.</p><p> </p><p>

(please go easy on this newbie)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On the booking screen you can filter down by heel/face or push. It makes things easier.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you, I just realized that today.. it does help.</p>

<p>Any game can feel overwhelming as you are learning it, but take your time. TEW is worth the learning curve. There is a ton of in-game help and it never hurts to ask questions. </p><p> </p><p>

The game does a pretty decent job of allowing you to sort workers, as Sabataged mentioned. But it really does help to take some time to get familiar with a roster. Spend some time assessing who are your stars, who are you going to try to build up, etc. That familiarity makes it much easier to remember who you want to do what with. </p><p> </p><p>

Lots of us use spreadsheets for tracking long-term plans, development, etc. Notebooks are great for jotting down random ideas and such.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Lots of us use spreadsheets for tracking long-term plans, development, etc. Notebooks are great for jotting down random ideas and such.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've seen a few people on here say spreadsheets.. I'd like to see one to get an idea of what yall are talking about.. would you mind sharing?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CorporateLooseCannon" data-cite="CorporateLooseCannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've seen a few people on here say spreadsheets.. I'd like to see one to get an idea of what yall are talking about.. would you mind sharing?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't use spreadsheets like some but I typically have a Word window open with Storylines/Notes that help me speed up booking.</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/OMkrGG9.png</span></p>

<p>Whenever I run a fed, there are 2 sheets of paper I keep handy.</p><p> </p><p>

On the first, I run a line down the center, and list all my faces on 1 side and heels on the other. I break it out by push (Main Eventers...then Upper midcard, then...) and I also list their pay. (contract vs PPA, and the $ amount).</p><p>

This tells me a lot at a quick glance.</p><p> </p><p>

On the second sheet, I keep handy the info from the Creative Meeting lists.</p><p>

I dont update them every week...but maybe a few times in a game year.</p><p>

This tells me who is worth pushing, who is worth letting do a promo, etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CorporateLooseCannon" data-cite="CorporateLooseCannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've seen a few people on here say spreadsheets.. I'd like to see one to get an idea of what yall are talking about.. would you mind sharing?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't have it available but I can try to upload later. I use Open Office. </p><p> </p><p> If you search the forum for spreadsheets, you can find a few that folks have posted that are quite similar. I just have a sheet for the roster, a sheet for PPV plans, a sheet for random ideas, a sheet for potential feuds/storylines, etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HarryFandango86" data-cite="HarryFandango86" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There is an element of trial and error when you are just beginning the game. I used to make notes on what worked and what didn't work a lot.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I see that. I am getting better slow, getting C's on matches, but the constant complaining about pushes is getting on my nerves.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CorporateLooseCannon" data-cite="CorporateLooseCannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, I see that. I am getting better slow, getting C's on matches, but the constant complaining about pushes is getting on my nerves.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you do autopush after every show, you won't get complaints. Basically, the workers know how they should be pushed based on their popularity. If Worker A is more popular than Worker B, why should Worker B get more air time?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't use spreadsheets like some but I typically have a Word window open with Storylines/Notes that help me speed up booking.<p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/OMkrGG9.png</span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> off topic but what skin are you using?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The_Monk" data-cite="The_Monk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>off topic but what skin are you using?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Charcoal office</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/2gcro98fnbkr3kz/Charcoal+office+skin.rar" rel="external nofollow">http://www.mediafire.com/file/2gcro98fnbkr3kz/Charcoal+office+skin.rar</a></p>

<p>excellent thank you</p><p> </p><p>

Back on topic..... I use notepad and excel, although not as much as I used to with regards to excel as I found I was spending more time on the sheet I had than actually playing the game.</p><p> </p><p>

it certainly helps to have a plan. I find now as im playing WWF 87, ive learnt a lot and now have a steady pattern to booking shows.</p><p> </p><p>

Currently I have a Event Special that is weekly called "WWF Tuesday night at MSG" this is effectively my A show which to try and keep with the period im showing on commercial TV on the USA Network. then I have my Two B shows which are Superstars of Wrestling and Challenge I believe.</p><p> </p><p>

My "A show" is 2hrs long and my "B shows" 1hr. PPVs are 3hrs but that's my Big 5 ppvs (Rumble, Mania, KOTR, Summerslam, Survivor Series), for the months inbetween I run either a Saturday Night Main Event or a PPV that I create which are 2.5hrs long.</p><p> </p><p>

I work on the basis that for an hour of TV I want 3 matches.</p><p> </p><p>

Next its storylines. I have three storys that run on my MSG show, and two each for the other two shows giving me 7 in total. I then have one that simply floats to start slowly building heat and I can then see where I want it based.</p><p> </p><p>

For me this setup easily allows me to book matches/angles on the fly but also quite quickly so that the game can easily flow for me.</p>

<p>Here's a little program I use for all those thoughts that need organizing. From storyline ideas and scouting reports for TEW to fantasy football plans to personal budgeting and Christmas shopping. It's like have a spiral notebook at your side without the risk of ever filling it up.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://theguide.sourceforge.net/" rel="external nofollow">http://theguide.sourceforge.net/</a></p><p> </p><p>

Learned about The Guide from another Grey Dog poster years ago and I have pretty well refused to be without it since.</p>

Here's a little program I use for all those thoughts that need organizing. From storyline ideas and scouting reports for TEW to fantasy football plans to personal budgeting and Christmas shopping. It's like have a spiral notebook at your side without the risk of ever filling it up.

http://theguide.sourceforge.net/

Learned about The Guide from another Grey Dog poster years ago and I have pretty well refused to be without it since.

Ahh yes I used this and then it stopped working for me, I went 64bit and at the time this wasn't compatible...but now it is........ hmmmmm think i'll get this back again good suggestion dude

Here's a little program I use for all those thoughts that need organizing. From storyline ideas and scouting reports for TEW to fantasy football plans to personal budgeting and Christmas shopping. It's like have a spiral notebook at your side without the risk of ever filling it up.

http://theguide.sourceforge.net/

Learned about The Guide from another Grey Dog poster years ago and I have pretty well refused to be without it since.

This is basically Microsoft OneNote. Have you ever tried it?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44040" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is basically Microsoft OneNote. Have you ever tried it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can't say I have. Just have used The Guide for so long that I've never thought to look for alternatives or clones</p>

Archived